We'd like to remind Forumites to please avoid political debate on the Forum. This is to keep it a safe and useful space for MoneySaving discussions. Threads that are - or become - political in nature may be removed in line with the Forum’s rules. Thank you for your understanding.

Ask Primus a Question

Options

Comments

• Heinz
    Heinz Posts: 11,191 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker Car Insurance Carver!
    Options
    jstallan wrote: »
    Is there a problem with Billing ? I don't seem to have a bill for the month of April available to view via the online portal.
    Same here - I emailed them this morning about it.
    Time has moved on (much quicker than it used to - or so it seems at my age) and my previous advice on residential telephony has been or is now gradually being overtaken by changes in the retail market. Hence, I have now deleted links to my previous 'pearls of wisdom'. I sincerely hope they helped save some of you money.
  • Hi ampersand,

If you could send me an email with your MSE username and account number and I can have a look into this further for you.

Heinz,

I’m struggling to find an email from you today, could you please try resending the email to onlineteam@newcalltelecom.co.uk

Kind Regards,
    Jo
  • ampersand
    ampersand Posts: 9,572 Forumite
    Photogenic Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Thankyou Jo - email sent.
    CAP[UK]for FREE EXPERT DEBT &BUDGET HELP:
    01274 760721, freephone0800 328 0006
    'People don't want much. They want: "Someone to love, somewhere to live, somewhere to work and something to hope for."
    Norman Kirk, NZLP- Prime Minister, 1972
    ***JE SUIS CHARLIE***
    'It is difficult to free fools from the chains they revere' François-Marie AROUET

• whyv
    whyv Posts: 8 Forumite
    Options
    Primus New Call. I have been having a nightmare with them. Tried to be helpfull with our rented flat so the new tenant would not have the god knows how long wait for internet phone line etc.
    I asked New Call how to transfer the account. Got sent a form which we both had to sign. Wrong form!!!! it was some internal thing they use. Then get a call telling me I could have cheaper line rental if I went into new 1 year contract. £1 cheaper P/M. So I asked her and was told I just needed to send a letter signed by both of us. So i wrote the letter stating change of ownership in big letter across the top. Email it and send it in the post stating all the dates etc both me and new tenant agree to change.
    Well that seems to be way to difficult for them. I then get an email asking for new persons phone number. Well its my old number as I have of course now moved. Then after giving them this info I get another email asking if I want to cease the line.
    I still don't get what is so difficult and doing it all via email and letters is so slow. It could have all been sorted in one phone call. After all they are supposed to be a telecoms company. If I get another apology and nothing fixed I may have to jump!!!!!!!!
    At some point I will be getting a new house no idea who to use for a telecoms provider now.
  • babble
    babble Posts: 17 Forumite
    Options
    In Brief:
    Moved into a new place in October and opted for Primus as the special deal for phone and broadband on here was fantastic, especially with free connection.
    Signed up and got a date for engineer to do the connection. Engineer came and there was a problem, he said he would organise it to be sorted the next day. The next came and went and nothing. A week of phone calls to primus/bt openreach and their sub contractor; using mobile which cost a fortune, finally resulted in someone actually doing something which meant the phone line was installed nearly two weeks after it should have been.

This is bad enough but thought bite the bullet the service is on and it works well.
    Then the bills started arriving and every one we were charged for extra internet usage even though we are on the 20GB package. The month prior to having the broadband installed I used a high speed dongle and we absolutely battered the usage on it and it came to 7GB for the month. We opted for the 20GB package to be on the safe side. We are being told we are using 38GB or more (strange how one of the first complaints on MSE also mentioned this very same figure?) each month. No way on earth are we using that much. They will not provide any way of monitoring what we use or a breakdown of what we've used so it can be disputed. Hmm could that be because they are plucking figures out of the air and making charges for it? I would also suggest that without the ability to dispute their figures it removes their ability to make the charges?.
    Yesterday I came back and they'd actually switched the broadband off because apparently we used too much and required a fee to switch it back on, being told when asking about the usage that apparently even clicking an advert can eat up broadband usage, yeah right not that much and also completely avoiding the issue of not proving their figures. !!!!!! Turpin should have used these methods he would have been a lot richer and not faced the noose!!!!
    You have a chance to resolve this to my satisfaction or I will not hesitate to take this to the ombudsman and county court!
  • Heinz
    Heinz Posts: 11,191 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker Car Insurance Carver!
    edited 14 May 2013 at 2:22PM
    Options
    Heinz,

I’m struggling to find an email from you today, could you please try resending the email to [EMAIL="onlineteam@newcalltelecom.co.uk"]onlineteam@newcalltelecom.co.uk[/EMAIL]

Kind Regards,
    Jo
    Not to worry now - the 30/4/13 bill appeared online this morning.
    Time has moved on (much quicker than it used to - or so it seems at my age) and my previous advice on residential telephony has been or is now gradually being overtaken by changes in the retail market. Hence, I have now deleted links to my previous 'pearls of wisdom'. I sincerely hope they helped save some of you money.
  • ampersand
    ampersand Posts: 9,572 Forumite
    Photogenic Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Used freephone to them again just now, as I see the £8 SO bounced back again.

Despite earlier assurances and the equivalent of blank looks down the phone, there is a completely new a/c no/reference/everything changed, without advising me. This also explains why I cannot see my a/c online.
    Yasser has sorted it out, sent me a linky-click em.
    CAP[UK]for FREE EXPERT DEBT &BUDGET HELP:
    01274 760721, freephone0800 328 0006
    'People don't want much. They want: "Someone to love, somewhere to live, somewhere to work and something to hope for."
    Norman Kirk, NZLP- Prime Minister, 1972
    ***JE SUIS CHARLIE***
    'It is difficult to free fools from the chains they revere' François-Marie AROUET

• Good Afternoon,

If anybody has been having issues viewing the most recent bills online, these are being uploaded today and you should be able to view these soon.

Please accept our sincerest apologies for any inconvenience caused.

Kindest regards,
    Jordan
  • Hello whyv,

I do apologise that you seem to be having issues with the change of ownership.

If you can send me an email with your account number and MSE username to onlineteam@newcalltelecom.co.uk I can look into getting this sorted out as quickly as possible for you.

babble - Sorry to sound like i'm repeating myself but if you can also send me an email with your MSE username and your Primus NewCall account number I can look into your issues for you.

Kindest regards,
    Jordan
  • Hi Ampersand,

I'm sorry that you were not informed of these changes, please accept our sincerest apologies that this has caused.

If you have any further issues please do not hesitate to contact us on our email address and we will happily look into any issues you may have.

Kindest regards,
    Jordan
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 12 Election 2024: The MSE Leaders' Debate
  • 344.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.4K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 450.1K Spending & Discounts
  • 236.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 609.7K Mortgages, Homes & Bills