Options

Comments

• c4charlie76
    c4charlie76 Posts: 19 Forumite
    edited 10 May 2013 at 9:21PM
    Options
    Tight_Fist wrote: »
    Hi,

I'm trying to find out how much notice (if any) that i am required to give Primus as i want to change my phone provider? I am not under contract as this finished 8 mths ago.
    I see Primus advertise that a switch takes less than 2 weeks so I assume that this would be plenty of time? If I don't give notice could I be charged anything?

@ Tightfist, Primus will tell you that when your 12 month contract ends, it will automatically renew. If the first one ended 8 months ago, they'll want 30 days notice and try and charge you for the last 3 months as you are in contract.

Hopefully Jo will see this message and say "Just give us 30 days notice".

However this is Primus/NewCall so i doubt this will happen, enough said about that.

This tactic is quite despicable. They want you in contract so the can charge almost everyone when they leave. Usually it's the small companies that are trying to get established that do it.

Tell them that if they stiff you for the extra cash, there will be no way you will ever return nor will you refer them.

Hope this helps

P.S. Primus will probably think you're lying if you say it, as i doubt very many people would ever return to them nor would anyone refer them. MSE used to refer them, but don't any more.
  • speedy_shel
    Options
    This is an absolute disgrace!!! I emailed you (on 22nd December 2012) prior to signing up, asking what the broadband speed would be, in Berryfields of Aylesbury - I stated I was on a new estate - and not once did anyone tell me you cant provide the service!! Instead you took my money 0n 25th of January and have kept me waiting since. I didn't even receive a router from you, probably because you never intended to provide me with any service. Thanks very much for nothing, you've held up my studying and job searching for 3 and a half months, I've had to keep traisping to the library every time I've needed to use the internet! Why cant you send someone from another company out if BT Openreach cant connect me?
    You also ignored my first post on here. Very Disappointed.
    Account: NEW02275 [ case number: #2387198 ]
  • Hi speedy shel,

A pleasure speaking to you earlier today and I am sorry that we can’t provide for you but I hope you find a successful installation with another provider.

Kind Regards,

Jo
  • Hi Tight Fist

Just to clarify things, Primus Saver contracts don't auto-renew, they simply continue at the same rate without any contractual obligations and therefore you are completely free to transfer your services away without any charges.

Many thanks for your custom and I hope all goes well with your new provider.

Thanks
    Oliver
  • c4charlie76
    Options
    Hi Tight Fist

Just to clarify things, Primus Saver contracts don't auto-renew, they simply continue at the same rate without any contractual obligations and therefore you are completely free to transfer your services away without any charges.

Well it's about time!!!

Primus have finally changed ONLY 1 of the T&Cs. They must have felt that people didn't like the idea of auto renewal, so didn't sign up with them, Congratulations!!!

HOWEVER, Primus Saver T&C 3.3 hasn't changed and neither has the website, as it still states you will notify customers when you take a payment and we both know you DON'T notify customers and the T&Cs still hasn't changed to say this. Nor due you have an online checkout. You still take customers bank details and run them as soon as you can so you can take their money, whether you are entitled to do it or not.

@ lilpunkkitty - If the service wasn't as described, tell them as they are in breach of contract. If they still chase you for the money, contact ombudsman services. You can email them at:- enquiries@os-communications.org
  • c4charlie76
    Options
    This is an absolute disgrace!!! I emailed you (on 22nd December 2012) prior to signing up, asking what the broadband speed would be, in Berryfields of Aylesbury - I stated I was on a new estate - and not once did anyone tell me you cant provide the service!! Instead you took my money 0n 25th of January and have kept me waiting since. I didn't even receive a router from you, probably because you never intended to provide me with any service. Thanks very much for nothing, you've held up my studying and job searching for 3 and a half months, I've had to keep traisping to the library every time I've needed to use the internet! Why cant you send someone from another company out if BT Openreach cant connect me?
    You also ignored my first post on here. Very Disappointed.
    Account: NEW02275 [ case number: #2387198 ]

@ Speedyshel - I had to wait 29 weeks to get my refund. They wiped the money out of my account straight away, which they admitted should NEVER of happened, but this is common practice.

I sincerely hope you got your refund!!!
  • jstallan
    jstallan Posts: 326 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Morning Primus,

Is there a problem with Billing ? I don't seem to have a bill for the month of April available to view via the online portal.

I'm concerned as I called last month to cancel the 'Caller ID' Service that you were charging me for. The gentleman said the change wouldn't take effect until 1st May and I need to make sure that service no longer exists on my account.

Regards,
    John
  • Hi jstallan,

If you could send em an email with your MSE username and your account details and I can have a look into this further for you and check the caller display has been removed for you.

Kind Regards,
    Jo
  • ampersand
    ampersand Posts: 9,567 Forumite
    Photogenic Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    I've been paying by weekly advance SO to Primus for years now, in order to have any bill largely met when due.
    I have just found the last 3 weeks SO was returned. I'd gone into Bank to ask what these £8 desposits were.
    Bank says companies sometimes change a/c details and fail to inform their customers.
    Reported this back twice on phone to Primus. 1st person said the Bank was wrong. Bank says 'No'. 2nd person didn't know why and had no suggestions.

It is impossible to log on to my a/c online since you altered the system a couple of months back.

Can you say what is going on please?
    CAP[UK]for FREE EXPERT DEBT &BUDGET HELP:
    01274 760721, freephone0800 328 0006
    'People don't want much. They want: "Someone to love, somewhere to live, somewhere to work and something to hope for."
    Norman Kirk, NZLP- Prime Minister, 1972
    ***JE SUIS CHARLIE***
    'It is difficult to free fools from the chains they revere' François-Marie AROUET

• jstallan
    jstallan Posts: 326 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Thanks Jo, I have emailed you
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.8K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.3K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 450K Spending & Discounts