Ask Primus a Question

Options

Comments

• c4charlie76
    Options
    We are a telecommunications company called NewCall Telecom who provides Primus saver products; we do often get confused with the American telecommunication company called Primus Telecommunications which since 2010 we have had no affiliation with. The only thing we do have in common with them is the name Primus.

I am so glad you mentioned that.

Products get the letter "i" put in front of them, e.g. iteddy. Because it has the letter "i" in front of it, people think it is associated with Apple products like Ipad, Iphone, Ipod. This is done purposely for the company in question to give the impression to others that the product or service is in fact top quality and not complete garbage.

There is a Global Telecommunications company called Primus and NewCall want to sell an inferior service in the same industry, so, how do you sell or market the service. By giving it the same name as an established, Global company worth hundreds of millions of pounds.

People don't get confused, it's just Primus giving people the wrong impression.

Thank you for getting back to me so quickly. It is clear that Primus does monitor this thread after all. They just choose to respond or not when it suits THEM!!!
  • Hi c4charlie76,

I can assure you that if we appear quiet on here that it is not a case of us choosing to not respond. At the moment there are only two of us monitoring this site, as well as monitoring other forums and also social media sites. We are trying our best to keep up to date with any of the posts we receive. So please if you do have any direct questions you wish us to ask, please send us an email and we will get back to you as soon as we possibly can.

Many Thanks,
    Jo
  • c4charlie76
    Options
    Hi Jo,

I'll stop attacking Primus for now. That way you'll have more time to be constructive and help the others sort things out.
  • pinuk
    pinuk Posts: 12 Forumite
    Options
    I have two things i'd like to mention.

Firstly, I cannot access the myaccount section of your website as (and I quote) "The certificate has been revoked by its issuer. It is no longer valid. "

Secondly, I am very unhappy that I was not given 30 days notice of the price increases on my account. They are increasing on the 1st May, even though I was only advised of this on the 9th April. The letter I received on 9th April states "These price changes will be reflected in our downloadable price guides on the Primus Saver website from 3rd March 2013". However, as of yet the price guides on the website have not changed!
  • Hi,

Just a quick update, we are experiencing some technical issues with the ‘my account’ ebilling system. If you are one of the people affected by this please try using a different browser which should work. If you are still experiencing problems, send us an email with your contact details and we will give you a call to see if there is anything we can do to help you get connected.

Pinuk,
    Could you also send me an email with your account details and your MSE username, I will have a look into your account to see if there is anything we can do for you.

Thank You,
    Jo
  • pinuk
    edited 26 April 2013 at 11:57PM
    Options
    OK Jo, I have sent you an email.

I have tried accessing the myaccount section of your website with Internet Explorer, Firefox and Opera browsers but it doesn't work with any of them. They all report that "This organization's certificate has been revoked". I don't think switching browsers is going to help.

I did call customer services this morning and they told me this should be fixed today.

Any updates on this?
  • pinuk
    Options
    OK, the myaccount section of the Primus website is now working for me.

I am able to view my account I see that I have again not received the credit I was due.

I called on 29th Jan 2013 and was advised my account would be credited. When I didn't receive it, I called up on 28th Febuary and again was advised that I would receive a credit. I find out now that this never happened.

My question is, how hard can it be for Primus to raise a credit? Both times I have called the agent has agreed that I am due a credit as I have been charged for line rental from the 13th December 2013 when Primus only took over my line on the 29th January 2013!

Honestly, if it's not one thing it's another with Primus. Martins continued recommendation of Primus has really dented my faith in MSE.
  • Hi pinuk,

Sorry to sound a bit like a broken record but could you send me an email to onlineteam@newcalltelecom.co.uk I’m struggling to find the email you have sent. If you could put in your MSE username too, that would be great.

Thank you,
    Jo
  • pinuk
    Options
    OK, I have sent an email to onlineteam@newcalltelecom.co.uk as requested. I have included my MSE username in the email title.
  • annhan
    annhan Posts: 98 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    edited 30 April 2013 at 11:31AM
    Options
    Signed a contract with primus late last year and wish to leave over the price increase but have been informed as i am on a 18 month contract there will be a cancellation fee of over £100, i was never given a contract but was told my verbal legal agreement is legally binding. Surprised that they will not let me leave and are so keen for me to pay the cancellation fee. Not happy with them!
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.5K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.4K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family
  • 248.1K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure