We'd like to remind Forumites to please avoid political debate on the Forum. This is to keep it a safe and useful space for MoneySaving discussions. Threads that are - or become - political in nature may be removed in line with the Forum’s rules. Thank you for your understanding.

Ask Primus a Question

Options

Comments

• whyv
    whyv Posts: 8 Forumite
    Options
    My issue stil not resolved even after writing to the contacts on here and any one else I could!!!!! Not surprised. Hopeless..........
  • whyv
    Options
    Oh well I got an email this morning. Now you think they would have sorted out a very simple change to a new customer. But no more feeble apologies I have lots of those but no action. I moved on the 8th gave them proir notice of change only action they neede was to change name on account. Far to difficult for them. Still very unhappy!!!!!!! Do not deal with this hopeless company they just do not care.
  • Hi whyv,

With any change of ownership it may take time to process as we need to be in contact with both parties and need to receive personal details from the new customer before we can process this fully.

This is not always simple as the new customer isn’t always available.

Hopefully this will be resolved for you but if you have any other questions, please send me another email.

Kind Regards,
    Jo
  • whyv
    Options
    If you need to contact the new owner why did we both have to sign a letter and send you it. I could have called when both of us where together. But that was not how we do it according to customer services. My point is the moment I left that house and gave the instruction it should no longer be my problem. But you lot have dragged out and made it the most long winded process for no reason. You have what you asked for which is a signed letter.
  • Misswolves
    Misswolves Posts: 10 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Well in an addition to my case, I paid trhe outstanding call charges and waited for a response to my complaint.

Still waiting.

I have asked for a deadlock letter but when I received a text message from them stating I needed to ring on a certain number, I did this and got straight through.

I spoke to someone called Jordan- not the Jordan I had been emailing apparently.He advised a complaints manager needed to ring me back.His name would be Paul Wraith.

About 6 hours later, a Paul Wraith (sp?) telephoned me back and said he had no response to my complaint and no one was going to respond!

He said there was no need to refer to the Ombudsman

He ignored my comment about the fact that they were in breach of contract for price increases.

He ignored the fact that I have been unable to access my account.

He denied that MSE have stopped recommending them.

He agreed there was no method of being informed if you had gone over your limit and tried to bs me with LLU technology in explaining away why we always stayed in BT 40GB limit.

He refuses to accept a jointly appointed expert to mediate this matter.

He thinks this matter should be reported to the police as fraud(someone stealing our bandwidth!)

I am just a couple of days from being able to take this matter to the Ombudsman. All I can recommend to you all is that you do the same if you have issues with these people and that you keep a rcord of everything, dates, times, durations of phone calls, who you spoke to and a brief precis of wehat was said.

The best piece of advice I can give, however, is cancel your direct debit.

I will come back to you with any progress.
  • whyv
    Options
    Now how does this work. I did get a call from A rep at Primus after many pointless emails. All was sorted!!! Well was being the operative word. I am now getting a bill for the whole month I left on the 8th May. I have had calls texts emails etc. So I contacted Rep again usual apoligies. It seems new customers has not given correct DD details so its down to me. Well I have now found new house to rent so I thought I may as well keep contract. So I contacted my rep who still hasn't sorted my change of ownership in 4 weeks. I got a call in less than 10 minutes some kind of record. I want to go back to papercups and bits of string gotta be better than this lot.
  • c4charlie76
    c4charlie76 Posts: 19 Forumite
    edited 8 June 2013 at 1:44AM
    Options
    @ whyv - If you can prove Primus are in Breach of Contract, tell em to stick it. Cancel the contract as they were in breach of contract. They'll probably try and give you a bill for the remainder of the contract.

From that point you have 2 options:-

1) Pay the bill minus VAT. As you won't be using the service, you won't be paying VAT. So that's 20% straight off. If you do, you will finally be done with Primus.

2) Tell them you won't pay the bill because of breach of contract. Then request a deadlock letter. Give EVERY piece of info you have on this SHABBYITE company to the Ombudsman. Primus usually can't be bothered so you "could" have it written off by default.

If you do either of the 2, make sure you use a different company. Try and get a deal where you pay line rental upfront for a little over £100 for the year and if you choose their Broadband, you may get a little discount, and always remember to use either quidco or topcashback!!!
  • smashed
    smashed Posts: 1,043 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Spikey_w wrote: »
    I signed up to Primus Home Phone Saver @ £8.69pm line rental through the HomePhone Choices website for the special rate. However from the first bill onwards line rental was charged at £7.66+VAT (£9.19incl. VAT). When I queried this I was told it gone up and I was notified by email of the increase, however no such email received. Then I asked a simple question on when the increase was made and notified to customer, but did not get an answer and instead was told I would be rang back after discussion with a supervisor which of course did not happen.

I understand prices can go up but it seems that I was charged differently from the advertised price from day one. Please can you help.

Hmm,

I phoned to get the £8.69 deal last November. I received a letter in the post confirming my direct debit details (including the standard information advising that I am entitled to an immediate refund if I am charged for something which I did not agree to).

I have checked my account and found that I have never been charged £8.69 (my first bill was higher too).
    They then sent me the standard email in April telling me that they were putting up prices £1.20 (20%) even though it transpires that they had already done this Feb / March.

Now, I decided that I would check my terms and conditions to see how easily I can cancel my contract as they are clearly in breach. It turns out that I have NEVER even seen a contract from them. I ordered over the phone. I never received a contract in the post. I never received a contract via email.
    My order states..

Your home phone order confirmation
    Dear Mr x

Thank you for switching with Homephonechoices.co.uk. Please find your details below:

Your order ID: xxx
    Supplier: Primus
    Package name: Primus Home Phone Saver
    Phone number to switch: 0xxxx xxxxxx
    Monthly cost: £0.00 (excludes any additional costs for paper-billing, if selected)
    Line rental cost: £8.69 - per month for line rental. You will no longer pay line rental or calls to your current home phone provider

No mention of any contract nor duration.

Now..according to The Office Of Fair Trading Distance Selling Regulations http://www.oft.gov.uk/shared_oft/business_leaflets/general/oft698.pdf
    The important bit is the last paragraph in Italics. They have not provided me with written durable information regarding my contract and I am therefore entitled to leave.

Cancellation rights (Regulation 10)
    What cancellation rights do consumers have?

3.22 The stage at which you provide your consumers with the required
    written information (see paragraph 3.10) will affect when the
    cancellation period ends.

3.23 Where the DSRs give consumers the right to cancel an order, this
    right is unconditional and begins from the moment the contract is
    concluded. Unlike when buying from a shop, the first time that a
    consumer will typically have an opportunity to examine goods
    purchased by distance means is when they receive them. The DSRs
    give consumers who buy by distance means more rights than
    consumers who shop in person….

For services:

if you give your consumer the required written information on or
    before the day the contract is concluded, their cancellation
    rights will last for seven working days, counting from the day after
    the contract was concluded, or

If the required written information is provided after the contract is
    concluded but within three months (beginning the day after the
    contract was concluded), cancellation rights will last for seven
    working days after the information is received.

Different rules apply to services where the consumer agrees that the
    service starts before the usual cancellation period expires. These
    rules are as follows.

Where you have supplied the required durable information before
    the service starts and the consumer agrees to the service
    starting before the end of the usual cancellation period, their
    cancellation rights will end when performance of the service starts

if the consumer agrees that the service can start before the usual
    cancellation period ends, but you do not provide the required
    written information until after the service has started but
    provide it in time for it still to be useful, cancellation rights will last
    for seven working days after the day the consumer receives the
    information. But if you finish providing the service within seven
    working days after the day the consumer receives the required
    durable information, cancellation rights will end on the day of
    completion, or

if you do not provide the required durable information at all,
    your consumer’s right to cancel ends after three months and
    seven working days counting from the day after the day on which
    the contract was concluded. This applies whether or not the
    consumer agrees that you can start the service before the
    cancellation period ends
    Be nice
  • xyz123
    xyz123 Posts: 1,668 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    smashed wrote: »
    It turns out that I have NEVER even seen a contract from them. I ordered over the phone. I never received a contract in the post. I never received a contract via email.

Same here. I am amazed at the incompetance and ignorance of some companies in this countries. Primus may have been removed from MSE's top deals but they must be top on the list of useless companies to deal with......
  • smashed
    smashed Posts: 1,043 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    xyz123 wrote: »
    Same here. I am amazed at the incompetance and ignorance of some companies in this countries. Primus may have been removed from MSE's top deals but they must be top on the list of useless companies to deal with......

My initial email also stated..

Know your rights In accordance with Ofcom's General Condition 24, we respect your rights to cancel any services you request through our website. You have the legal right to cancel your order from the point of sale until your service has been activated.

If so you will need to contact Primus directly (see Customer Services numbers above).

To view Primus terms and conditions please visit their website.

----

As I showed earlier, we always have 7 working days to cancel from the date the service starts..so they are already lying.
    But as they fail to provide written durable medium (telling you to visit their website is insufficient as this can change), the 7 working days has never started.

Will Primus come on here and respond?
    Be nice
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 12 Election 2024: The MSE Leaders' Debate
  • 344.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.4K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 450.1K Spending & Discounts
  • 236.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 609.7K Mortgages, Homes & Bills