Flight delay compensation, all other EU airlines

Options

Comments

• JPears
    JPears Posts: 5,086 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    Yes they are just ignoring you. Try reposting on the specific EJ thread. If you have submitted your original valid claim, then you need to send an NBA to inform EJ you will be taking legal action 14 days after.
    Download Vauban's most excellent guide if you haven't already done so.
    Alternatively try using the ADR for EJ.
    If you're new. read The FAQ and Vauban's Guide

The alleged Ringleader.........
  • Shaila
    Options
    I am writing on this post for the first time and am seeking help from the forum. I have been rejected a delayed flight compensation - longhaul and over 3 hours- due to a bird strike that prevented from operating the flight per schedule. I got a phone call from BA with the explanation and told that I am not entitled for compensation. I submitted my claim via Resolver, but response has come back by a phone call.
    Can I check if this is correct and whether we can verify that the delay was in fact due to bird strike.
    Thanks Guys
  • JPears
    JPears Posts: 5,086 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    Hi Shaila,
    Ideally your should re-post on the BA specific thread.
    Bird strikes can be classed as an EC sometimes, it depends on the circumstances and how it affected your flight or a previous rotation.
    Have you put your details into an online flight checker such as Botts to see if you have a valid claim.
    If you're new. read The FAQ and Vauban's Guide

The alleged Ringleader.........
  • starbuck_
    Options
    Tyzap wrote: »
    Hi starbuck,

XL are being very cheeky with that offer, it's a set amount depending on distance etc.

The airline will be XL Airways (France) as the British company went into liquidation a few years ago. This matters because I don't believe that XL have any operations or offices in the UK. If you can confirm this, it may mean that you will have to use the European Small Claims Procedure to claim your full compensation.
    Good luck.

You are right, XL Airways operate out of France. I will have a look at the documents you have recommended and respond.
  • _Anna_
    _Anna_ Posts: 36 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper Combo Breaker
    Options
    Dear all,
    my flight had been cancelled, I claimed compensation and this is what Finnair sent me: "Unfortunately no compensation will be paid in the case of a delay due to extraordinary circumstances Finnair is unable to influence even if all reasonable and necessary measures are taken. Flight was diverted back to Helsinki and cancelled due hydraulic leak. " I understand that Finnair rejects claims very often (may be, always?) due to "extraordinary circumstances". I would like to escalate my case anyway. There are some people here who wrote that Finnair had rejected their claims in the same way. If you went further with your claims and got compensations, please tell me about your next steps. I am also wondering if somebody may recommend a law firm I may need to engage.
    Thank you.
  • Tyzap
    Tyzap Posts: 2,112 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    _Anna_ wrote: »
    Dear all,
    my flight had been cancelled, I claimed compensation and this is what Finnair sent me: "Unfortunately no compensation will be paid in the case of a delay due to extraordinary circumstances Finnair is unable to influence even if all reasonable and necessary measures are taken. Flight was diverted back to Helsinki and cancelled due hydraulic leak. " I understand that Finnair rejects claims very often (may be, always?) due to "extraordinary circumstances". I would like to escalate my case anyway. There are some people here who wrote that Finnair had rejected their claims in the same way. If you went further with your claims and got compensations, please tell me about your next steps. I am also wondering if somebody may recommend a law firm I may need to engage.
    Thank you.

Hi Anna,

Try entering your flight details into Bott & Co's online flight delay calculator to see if they believe you have a valid claim.

http://www.bottonline.co.uk/compensation/airline-flight-claims?utm_source=bing&utm_medium=cpc&utm_campaign=bingcpc

Others are also available online.

Good luck.
    Please read Vaubans superb guide. To find it Google and then download 'vaubans guide'.
  • _Anna_
    Options
    Thank you, but this is what Bott & Co sent me: "We're sorry to say that on this occasion we don’t have jurisdiction to handle your claim for compensation for flight <number> on <date> Regulation EC261/2004." As far as I understand, the reason of this is that I live UK but was flying from Finland to a third country. Any ideas?
  • Tyzap
    Options
    _Anna_ wrote: »
    Thank you, but this is what Bott & Co sent me: "We're sorry to say that on this occasion we don’t have jurisdiction to handle your claim for compensation for flight <number> on <date> Regulation EC261/2004." As far as I understand, the reason of this is that I live UK but was flying from Finland to a third country. Any ideas?

Hi Anna,

Did you start your trip in the UK, with a connection in Finland? and if so, did you enter all of those details into the calculator?

Please post all your flight details.

Good luck.
    Please read Vaubans superb guide. To find it Google and then download 'vaubans guide'.
  • _Anna_
    Options
    Yes, I did. This is my itinerary: UK - Helsinki - China. A flight from Helsinki was diverted soon after departure and cancelled when we had landed. I got a replacement flight and arrived to China 18 hours later than it was scheduled. I entered all flight details into the calculator.
  • Tyzap
    Options
    If it was a single booking, with the same airline all the way to China, then something here is wrong.

If that is the case I would give Botts a call tomorrow and discus it with them.

Your flight delay would be due to a problem with the A350 iirc.

Good luck.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.5K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.3K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family
  • 248.1K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback