Flight delay compensation, US and Canadian Airlines

Options

Comments

• jackieblack
    jackieblack Posts: 10,318 Forumite
    First Post Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary
    Options
    Non-EU carrier departing a non-EU country so EU reg 261 doesn't apply
    2.22kWp Solar PV system installed Oct 2010, Fronius IG20 Inverter, south facing (-5 deg), 30 degree pitch, no shading
    Everything will be alright in the end so, if it’s not yet alright, it means it’s not yet the end
    MFW #4 OPs (offset): 2018 £866.89, 2019 £1322.33, 2020 £1337.07,
    2021 £1250.00, 2022 £1500.00, 2023 £1500
    Target for 2024 (offset) = £1200, YTD £460
    Quidquid Latine dictum sit altum videtur
  • JPears
    JPears Posts: 5,086 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    Yep, no compensation due. Sorry.
    If you're new. read The FAQ and Vauban's Guide

The alleged Ringleader.........
  • Caz3121
    Caz3121 Posts: 15,556 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    As a non-EU carrier departing outside the EU you are not due any compensation- I assume the $100 is a goodwill gesture
  • Geoff2rocku
    Options
    Thanks everyone for your replies...
  • Alibear27
    Options
    Hi,

We were delayed for 24 hours in June flying with American Airlines from Detroit via Philladelphia to Manchester because of mechanical fault delayed the Detroit to Philly connecting flight and the next plane they could put us on was the same one next day. American have offered us a $200 dollar voucher off another flight, but we are unlikely to fly to US for another couple of years so am i entitled to compensation, please? If so, who would I persue with? Thanks
  • Justice13075
    Justice13075 Posts: 2,008 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Non EU airline flying from non EU country no compensation. Sorry
  • Geoff2rocku
    Options
    American Airlines are non-EU so no compensation. USD 200.00 is only a goodwill gesture but you may wish to pursue it with their customer service dept.
  • scott!3
    Options
    I was due to fly out of Glasgow with United on 26/7 with my 2 kids and the flight was ultimately cancelled due to mechanical repairs. We were then booked on a flight from Edinburgh 28/7, which was also cancelled due to mechanical repairs.

Are we entitled to the 600 euros twice per person because of this?
  • JPears
    JPears Posts: 5,086 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    Welcome.
    2 things,
    1. please post on the relevant thread, not your own new threadinclude your full flight details.
    2. Download the superb guide from Vauban.Most if n ot all your answers will be found there.
    If you're new. read The FAQ and Vauban's Guide

The alleged Ringleader.........
  • CoffeeLover
    Options
    USA Delay

I ended up with a 4Hr+ delay due to the incoming flight being delayed. This was for a UK to New York flight. I can see that there may be extraordinary circumstances ie. weather, although I was not directly affected.

Basically the aircraft has done a USA internal flight and been diverted elsewhere due to bad weather, then it's headed to it's original destination once weather has cleared. Then it's gone back to its base - New York - and then it's done a scheduled flight to the UK, and I was boarding the return leg - back to New York (delayed departure). So it's a kind of domino effect causing the delay.

Reckon I have a claim under the EU rules?

CoffeeLover
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.7K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.8K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure