Comments

• lyndac40
    lyndac40 Posts: 463 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    edited 13 May 2013 at 9:28PM
    Hi everyone,

I got a response this morning from United Arlines from my NBA letter,

Dear Mrs *****
    Thank you for contacting United Airlines again regarding your travel with us in June 2010.
    We have again reviewed your request for cash compensation and found that we complied with all the applicable regulations at the time of your flight.
    I understand that the delay to your final destination, at best, very frustrating and truly regret you were disappointed. Since your connecting flight delays originated in the United States on a flight operated by a non-Community carrier, European Regulation EC261/2004 will not be applicable.
    Please know that our legal department carefully reviews each of these matters with our system and technical operations group to ensure we are in full compliance with the appropriate legal standards. Although we regret the delay to your final destination, we did what we could to minimize it and have nothing further to advice at this point.
    Because we do recognize that your flight plans were negatively impacted, as a tangible gesture of our regret, we sent each of you an electronic travel certificate valid towards a discount on future united flights. I have enclosed additional coupon for each you.
    Any additional compensation is not forthcoming; we sincerely hope you will chose to fly United airlines in the future.

So what next do i give them one more chance or is it hi ho its of to court we go.

We now have $800 in travel coupons so compensation is going up.

Thanks again

Lynda x
  • lyndac40
    HI,

Come across this web site I think its like our CAA was just wondering if it worth giving them a go to see what happens.

http://airconsumer.ost.dot.gov/CP_AirlineService.htm

Lynda x
  • lyndac40
    Hi,

bumping to see if anyone has any ideas of where i go next.

Lynda x
  • Al1x
    Al1x Posts: 1,653 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    I'm sorry I don't know Lynda.. hopefully someone will be able to help you soon.

I'm still waiting to hear back from Delta. Wondering if I should send them another letter of email them.
  • lyndac40
    Hi AL1x,

Your details of your flight are very similar to mines IE missed connecting flight because of delay. United Airlines are trying to say that because the missed flight was outside the EU it doesn't come under EU regulations. In my eyes it was their fault that we missed our connecting flight due to the delay so don't know how they can come with that as an excuse.

I found this website but for united airlines and have sent an email to their customer service manager twice now.

Not sure if any of the contact details for Delta will be any good for you but you can but try. http://gethuman.com/contact/Delta-Airlines/

Good luck with your claim

Lynda x
  • Al1x
    Thanks Lynda..

I read somewhere that as long as the connecting flights were booked at the same time (as if it was one flight) then you should be able to claim.

travel coupons is a bit naff ... we told Delta we wouldn't fly with them again because of how they treated us as JFK airport.
  • lyndac40
    Al1x wrote: »
    Thanks Lynda..

I read somewhere that as long as the connecting flights were booked at the same time (as if it was one flight) then you should be able to claim.

travel coupons is a bit naff ... we told Delta we wouldn't fly with them again because of how they treated us as JFK airport.

Hi Al1x

Yes that is my understanding as well. United don't seem to think so. I have emailed them again telling them that I am preparing court papers so will see what happens.

How is your claim going are you any further forward.

Lynda x
  • Al1x
    I've not heard anything so just emailed them to see if they have looked at me letter! Hopefully they will reply!

to be honest I'm not overly fussed if we don't get any compensation back but a sincere sorry would be nice! When we originally complained we had an automated sorry its not our fault, go through your travel insurance!

Its a bit scary when it comes to say you have to take them to court. I really have no clue about that stuff :s
  • lyndac40
    Al1x wrote: »
    I've not heard anything so just emailed them to see if they have looked at me letter! Hopefully they will reply!

to be honest I'm not overly fussed if we don't get any compensation back but a sincere sorry would be nice! When we originally complained we had an automated sorry its not our fault, go through your travel insurance!

Its a bit scary when it comes to say you have to take them to court. I really have no clue about that stuff :s

Hi Al1x

I have no idea either I am just following posts on the forum and seeking advice from the people in the know. I've had some great advice from the great people on here.

If I don't hear from United by the weekend I have all the court papers ready to be submitted on Monday morning. The things with united is they are using snail mail rather than email so it takes longer.

Seriously think about taking Delta to court its not that hard to do. It sounds scarier than it is.

Lynda x
  • lyndac40
    Hi everyone,

I just got this letter from United this morning.

Dear Mrs *****

I am responding in response to your letter of complaint filed with the Department of Transportation.

Thank you for the final opportunity to address your concerns regarding you and your family's flight June 13,2010. After further review, we again found that United Airlines complied with all of the applicable regulations at the time of your flight.

We truly regret any inconvenience you may have incurred while traveling with us. It is our sincere desire to move forward in our business relationship with you, and we realize that you have a choice of carriers. We will consider this matter closed and will no longer correspond regarding this issue, but invite you yo contact us again if we may address future travel-related issue.

Given the opportunity to welcome you aboard in the future, we are confident your next experience will warrant a more favorable report.

Sincerely

Customer Care Manager

What a load of cods wallop. Court paper are ready to be filed on Monday morning.

Lynda x
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.9K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure