Flight delay compensation, US and Canadian Airlines

Comments

• Vauban
    Vauban Posts: 4,736 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    lyndac40 wrote: »
    Hi everyone

Just to let you all know my letter and supporting documentation all ready for posting first thing tomorrow morning to United airlines. I will keep you all posted as to how I get on. I have given them 21 days instead of the usual 14 as I have to send the letter to America.

Lynda

Doesn't the NBA need to be served at a UK address?
  • lyndac40
    lyndac40 Posts: 463 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    edited 2 April 2013 at 8:14PM
    Hi Vauban,

I dont think they have a UK address. I will check it out. ha ha just check what a div i didnt realise that but hay hoo will get a copy posted of to them first thing tomorrow.

Lynda
  • Vauban wrote: »
    Doesn't the NBA need to be served at a UK address?

UK address for United Airlines is:

United Airlines- Custoemr Service
    United House BUILDINGS 451
    Southern Perimeter Road
    London Heathrow Airport
    Housnlow
    TW6 3LP

I am seeking compesation from them and so far they have offered $200 flight voucher for them and thats it - theyve pretty much dismissed me now. I am going to take it further with the CAA as i think i have a valid claim.
  • lyndac40
    Hi thank you KatTeasy,

I found that address last night a duplicate letter has been send of today to the above address.

Can i just ask you the circumstances of your delay. Just so we can compare notes. Our flight was 1 hour and 57 minutes in leaving Edinburgh but this caused us to miss all our connecting flights and we were 16 hours late in reaching our destination. The reason we were late in leaving that we were given at the time was because the incoming flight was 2 hours late in leaving Newark so was 2 hours late in landing at Edinburgh so this then caused a knock on effect for our whole journey.

Lynda xx
  • blondmark
    blondmark Posts: 456 Forumite
    Hi everyone looking for some advice. We flew From Edinburgh to Newark New Jersey on the 23/06/2010. our flight was delayed by 117 minutes, but because of this we missed our connecting flight to Chicago and our connecting flight from Chicago to Lansing MI. We should have arrived in Lansing at 21.38pm on the 23/06/2010 but did not arrive until the following day 24/06/2010 at 13.30pm. When I go into the flight stats web site it asks for the flight numbers I am able to put in the first flight number but when I put in the second number it says there was no flight with that number on that date. Does anyone know if there is another way I can go about checking this out. I would be grateful for any advice.

thank you

Lynda

Did you buy one ticket right the way through, or separate tickets for each leg of the journey?
  • lyndac40
    Hi blondmark,

was one ticket all the way through all with united airlines was only on our return journey that we went with wait for it 3 separate airline United airline Lufthansa and bmi but we had no bother coming home only going.

Lynda x
  • blondmark
    Hi blondmark,

was one ticket all the way through all with united airlines was only on our return journey that we went with wait for it 3 separate airline United airline Lufthansa and bmi but we had no bother coming home only going.

Lynda x

Can't see any reason why you shouldn't claim, unless the airline is able to prove firstly that extraordinary circumstances directly affected your particular flight leaving Edinburgh and secondly they prove that they did everything possible to avoid a delay. It doesn't matter that your initial delay was under three hours thanks to a new judgment HERE.

" ... compensation is payable, on the basis of that article, to a passenger on directly connecting flights who has been delayed at departure for a period below the limits specified in Article 6 of that regulation, but has arrived at his final destination at least three hours later than the scheduled arrival time, given that the compensation in question is not conditional upon there having been a delay at departure and, thus, upon the conditions set out in Article 6 having been met."
  • lyndac40
    Hi Blondmark

We were told the flight was delayed because the flight was 2 hours leaving Newark therefore it was late in arriving at Edinburgh to take us back over to Newark.

x
  • blondmark
    Hi Blondmark

We were told the flight was delayed because the flight was 2 hours leaving Newark therefore it was late in arriving at Edinburgh to take us back over to Newark.

x

Looking good then! :beer:
  • lyndac40
    hi blondmark,

Thanx no doubt they will come out with some excuse xxx
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income