Flight delay compensation, US and Canadian Airlines

Options

Comments

• Steviek_2
    Steviek_2 Posts: 136 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Our direct flight from Calgary to manchester was cancelled by Transat last September (2 days before departure). There were not enough bookings so we had to fly to Heathrow instead and then get a shuttle back to Manchester. We had in fact paid the trqvel agent more for the direct flight. Is it worth or even viable making a claim?
  • Caz3121
    Caz3121 Posts: 15,558 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Steviek wrote: »
    Our direct flight from Calgary to manchester was cancelled by Transat last September (2 days before departure). There were not enough bookings so we had to fly to Heathrow instead and then get a shuttle back to Manchester. We had in fact paid the trqvel agent more for the direct flight. Is it worth or even viable making a claim?

As Air Transat are not an EU airline and you were not departing from an EU airport then the EU compensation does not apply.
    Did you have to pay for the flight to Manchester or did they book this?
  • Steviek_2
    Steviek_2 Posts: 136 Forumite
    Options
    Thanks Caz for your speedy reply! They arranged the shuttle up to Mcr. It was annoying because it added hours onto the journey for which we had paid extra in the first place to fly directly back to Manchester
  • sglin
    sglin Posts: 2 Newbie
    Options
    I would call them - 0871 66 33 777 (option 1, then 5, then 4). You should have a reference number (10 digit beginning with "6".) They should be able to give you this number from your name etc. I am assuming you submitted your claim on the KLM form (links at start of the forum).

Email I received from them today was from "Customer-care@klm.com". Also worth a try.

I will post my response from them separately to see if I can get any help!

Good luck
  • lyndac40
    lyndac40 Posts: 463 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    Hi everyone,

Got wee update for you all. I received a letter on Saturday morning from the court a Summons was served on United Airlines on the 30th May 2013, In the letter it says the return date is 8th June 2013 I think this is a miss print on the letter because the summons says the 8th July 2013. I will phone the court tomorrow the clarify. My hearing date has been set for the 22nd July 2013.:eek: scary stuff now.

Has anyone else got this far yet with United Airlines yet.

Lynda x
  • Al1x
    Al1x Posts: 1,653 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    lyndac40 wrote: »
    Hi everyone,

I just got this letter from United this morning.

Dear Mrs *****

I am responding in response to your letter of complaint filed with the Department of Transportation.

Thank you for the final opportunity to address your concerns regarding you and your family's flight June 13,2010. After further review, we again found that United Airlines complied with all of the applicable regulations at the time of your flight.

We truly regret any inconvenience you may have incurred while traveling with us. It is our sincere desire to move forward in our business relationship with you, and we realize that you have a choice of carriers. We will consider this matter closed and will no longer correspond regarding this issue, but invite you yo contact us again if we may address future travel-related issue.

Given the opportunity to welcome you aboard in the future, we are confident your next experience will warrant a more favorable report.

Sincerely

Customer Care Manager

What a load of cods wallop. Court paper are ready to be filed on Monday morning.

Lynda x

Wow what a joke!

Good luck with court. let us know what happens as it looks like i may be going down that route with Delta! I've still not had a reply from my letter or email!
  • lyndac40
    Options
    Hi Al1x,

I will keep you informed. I am like a cat on a hot tin roof at the moment waiting on the post every day in case they settle before the return date.
    I have to wait till the 8th July to see if thy return the summons. I really cant see the coming all the way to Scotland to defend it but you never do know. Thanks for your input and good luck with what ever you decide to do with Delta.

Lynda x
  • lyndac40
    Options
    Hi Al1x,

I got an email from United.

We are in receipt of the lawsuit you filed in the ****** Sheriff Court regarding the 2 hour and 33 minute delay of your flight from Edinburg in 2010. Our records indicate that we have explained our position several times, which remains unchanged. In the interest of settling this case, I would like to offer each member of your family a $1,000 electronic travel certificate valid for one year from the date of issue toward a ticket on United Airlines. Please let me know if we can settle this matter out of Court.

I have emailed them back rejecting this offer and told them I am continuing with court proceedings. I will keep you informed as soon as I hear anything.

Lynda x
  • jillsa
    jillsa Posts: 152 Forumite
    Options
    Hi Al1x,

I will keep you informed. I am like a cat on a hot tin roof at the moment waiting on the post every day in case they settle before the return date.
    I have to wait till the 8th July to see if thy return the summons. I really cant see the coming all the way to Scotland to defend it but you never do know. Thanks for your input and good luck with what ever you decide to do with Delta.

Lynda x

Lynda

They themselves won't come to Scotland but they may well appoint a Scottish solicitor to act on their behalf to defend the case.
    Jillsa
  • lyndac40
    Options
    Hi Al1x,

I got an email from United.

We are in receipt of the lawsuit you filed in the ****** Sheriff Court regarding the 2 hour and 33 minute delay of your flight from Edinburg in 2010. Our records indicate that we have explained our position several times, which remains unchanged. In the interest of settling this case, I would like to offer each member of your family a $1,000 electronic travel certificate valid for one year from the date of issue toward a ticket on United Airlines. Please let me know if we can settle this matter out of Court.

I have emailed them back rejecting this offer and told them I am continuing with court proceedings. I will keep you informed as soon as I hear anything.

Lynda x

Hi Jillsa,

I think from the email I got on Thursday they are getting ready to settle out of court hopefully. Will see if I get any response to the email I sent back within the next couple of days.

Lynda x
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.7K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 450K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.9K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.9K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure