Add your feedback on energy supplier Scottish Power

Options

Comments

• Self_Hating_Scot
    Options
    This is a feedback thread on energy supplier
    Scottish Power

Please share your experience with other MoneySavers. Click reply to take part

• Did you switch go smoothly?
    • Have you had problems since?
    • Is it easy to contact?
    The feedback comes as part of the
    Cheap Energy Club
    I gave Scottish Power my meter readings on 15th May 2014 and found I was £258.57 in credit. After having my emails ignored and 9 days later they got back to me doing everything they could not to give me my credit back. I ended up telling them the phone call was being recorded by me which they changed there tune. I got a letter from them and a cheque for full amount insisting is was given to me as a `GOOD GESTURE`. Its my money, why do they think they are entitled to keep it. Or is it that they invest these users credit to get more interest and if so, does that make me a share holder by default. Scottish power are robbers and liars.
  • AMG762
    AMG762 Posts: 478 Forumite
    Options
    AliBee16 wrote: »
    Fourth day of trying to get through and 40 mins of waiting. They dont reply to tweets either. I dont think I've ever had such bad customer service, and havent even spoken to the correct department yet. Callback didnt call back. I would leave (if I could tell anyone) but am fixed till March 2015 (fool!!). If I can find anyone to write to, I will send recorded complaint now

Hi, just to point out you may still be able to leave. You are usually allowed to switch to another tariff supplied by Scottish Power at any time without paying any fees. Just swap to one of there tariff's without a cancellation fee and leave. I have done this, when i phoned them up the tariff was changed over the same day. EDF take over my electricity next week and the gas the week after. I will be so glad to finally leave Scottish Power.
  • eco
    eco Posts: 1,147 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    edited 21 August 2014 at 7:39AM
    Options
    They are the absolute pits.
    I left in December, my new supplier sent them the details, but they claim they haven't received them.
    I have contacted my new company and asked them to resend them to SP, they confirmed they could do that but said they had been sent in December so couldn't understand the delay. Me neither.

Still waiting for my gas account to be closed, and I don't have any faith in them getting my refund right if they ever get to it and work it out.

No doubt it's the computers fault but that can't be sacked.
  • eco
    Options
    I've emailed
    We value all feedback both positive and negative. If there is a particular issue that you want us to investigate, please e-mail [EMAIL="onlinecomplaints@scottishpower.com"]onlinecomplaints@scottishpower.com[/EMAIL] Thanks David

We'll see how long it takes to get any kind of response
  • imho
    imho Posts: 2,515 Forumite
    Name Dropper Combo Breaker First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Has anyone called the complaints number that is on their web site? its a 0845 number.They say they will sort your problem in 5 days.
    I am thinking of calling that number as if they still dont sort my problem i can then go to the Ombudsman with a complaint.
  • AMG762
    AMG762 Posts: 478 Forumite
    Options
    imho wrote: »
    Has anyone called the complaints number that is on their web site? its a 0845 number.They say they will sort your problem in 5 days.
    I am thinking of calling that number as if they still dont sort my problem i can then go to the Ombudsman with a complaint.

I have called the complaints number a few times. It normally takes over 30 minutes to get through. On one occasion they said they would correct the error on my account, generate an accurate bill and let me know when its done. I received an email back which did not address my complaint at all. After calling back i was again told they would correct the error on my account but i didnt hear back from them again. The error is still on my account.

I tried to escalate my complaint to [EMAIL="customerservicedirector@scottishpower.co.uk"]customerservicedirector@scottishpower.co.uk[/EMAIL] as advertised on the website, i received an auto response from this on the 29th May. Ive not heard from them since.

I am changing supplier, have cancelled my direct debit with them and have to wait 8 weeks before i pass my complaint onto the ombudsman.
  • diamond_dave
    diamond_dave Posts: 814 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    I switched from SP at beginning of April and have yet to receive a final bill - they keep sending me demands for payment but are still estimating the final meter readings. Have tried to contact them on several occasions but can never get through - what a waste of time.
  • eco
    Options
    I've contacted the ombudsman from Terry98's post, hopefully this will be sorted soon.
    Never again will Scottish Power supply my gas and electricity.
  • duggo1
    duggo1 Posts: 175 Forumite
    PPI Party Pooper
    Options
    I left scottish power in March. I have phoned on seven separate occasions and have yet to receive a final bill. Really not happy, as we are £100 in credit.
  • POLAR_BILL
    POLAR_BILL Posts: 142 Forumite
    Options
    I have changed from a fix ending Feb 2015 with £50 exit fee to a fix ending July 2015 with no exit fees. It is going to save me £100 a year and gives me the opportunity to change suppliers if I choose. Somewhat annoyed that Scottish Power never keep their customers up to date with new deals. The only way I knew was from research through the cheap energy club.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.5K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.4K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family
  • 248.1K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback