Add your feedback on energy supplier Scottish Power

Options

Comments

• Naggity
    Naggity Posts: 14 Forumite
    Options
    I have had nothing but issues with Scottish Power. I received a late payment notice in January for a huge amount of money. They were about to send out debt collectors. I have never had a bill that high and I always pay on time. I tried their email service but got no response. I tried phoning and after a 50 minute wait I finally get through. They tell me I did not fully pay my last bill. Completely confused I check online and find a mysterious adjustment had been made to my bill on the day I had paid it. No one can explain the adjustment and the amount varies - on the online bill it is £12, on the new bill it is £17 and the contact person tells me it is £25. They insist I was notified of the unpaid amount, but I have never received any communication from them. They also insist the current bill is correct. After much arguing they pay compensation for not notifying me, despite insisting they did notify me. I cannot find out why my bill is suddenly so high or what the mysterious added amount was for. In the end I assume we must have used that amount and pay. I was told the debt collectors would be cancelled, except they were not. I had to then waste more time getting the debt collectors called off.

In February I receive another bill. Oddly was through the post - until now all my bills have been sent online. I emailed but received no response. I then called to find out why I was being billed again and sat on hold for forty minutes. I am told they are adjusting their billing times and it will even out. I pay the bill.

I have just received another bill. This time I have been re-credited with the full amount of the last bill and then a fresh bill has been issued. This bill claims to be an actual reading until April 16th, except it is not because no one provided any sort of reading in April.

I have had enough and am leaving. I am fairly sure I have been overcharged and I am fed up of being messed around.
  • jayson043
    jayson043 Posts: 66 Forumite
    Options
    Moved from SP in March, 2 months later they cannot send a correct final bill. Send me a refund based upon estimated reads, not the actual reads I provided, a difference of 19KWh which also my new supplier would bill.

When I queried this and ask for a revised bill they stated they would not as the difference in read was less than 255 units and due to industry standards they would not recalculate the bill.
  • A.Penny.Saved
    A.Penny.Saved Posts: 1,832 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    I have switched from SP a couple of months back. They have refunded me A balance but it is only half what they told me it would be. I have yet to check the figures to work out whether they still owe me. If what the SP customer service person told me is correct then they do owe me.

On the positive side, they have refunded me but it's just a question of whether they have refunded all of it.
  • fred7777
    fred7777 Posts: 677 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    Scottish Power are without doubt the worst energy supplier in the business if you ever need to contact them.

Having just moved house to a house which had Scottish Power supplying gas and electricity I have just been though he trials of switching from them.

They have consistently ignored the meter readings I have given them (on moving in) preferring instead to work with their estimates, which result in a far higher bill.

Emails are not answered, letters take a age to get replies and if you try to phone you will be on hold for ages.

I phoned them last Thursday at 8:05am and was told I was in a queue which would take 4-7 minutes. 2 hours 48 minutes later after being on hold to 3 departments I finished the call with no idea of whether or not Scottish Power can solve the problem.

All I want is an accurate bill in my name but this seems to be impossible!:mad:
  • POLAR_BILL
    POLAR_BILL Posts: 142 Forumite
    Options
    fred7777 - How I sympathise with you and how patient to stay on the phone that long.! They are a nightmare to deal with and the ridiculous wait on the line to speak to someone. The e-mail reply system is also a joke as they cannot give a straight answer to a simple question.!
  • Mrshorthouse
    Options
    I was asked by email last week to submit my two meter readings online - this I did and all was OK on the confirm the readings page. Today another request comes by email for the readings after just one week! I looked at my online account and the last reading I took is there for Electricity but the one for Gas is dated Feb 2014. So did it all again today the new numbers were shown on the confirm the readings page so OKed that. Went back online just now and the Gas reading has not been updated just like last week !!
  • sobie
    sobie Posts: 356 Forumite
    Options
    I always say you can judge a company by the way it handles problems. Of course problems occur but If they are delt with in a timely manor, without keeping you on hold for hours, and if the people you talk to actually solve the problem and applogise if needed.

Scottish Power are the worst company I've ever dealt with, even worse than TalkTalk and thats very very bad.
  • RapunzelsChameleon
    Options
    I have moved house some time ago and Scottish Power said they would send me a final bill within 5 working days. No bill has arrived and I checked my account online to see that I have a credit balance of nearly £500! I really need this money back. I'll bet they would have sent me a bill quickly enough if I had owed them any money!

Every time I call them I get cut off. What are you supposed to do?
  • elle_may
    elle_may Posts: 396 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Mortgage-free Glee!
    Options
    I had a problem with my last bill not been generated, i give monthly readings, after emailing them and recieving email saying there had been tecnical problems a new bill was issued useing my actual readings. Then a new bill was shown as this was my 6mths bill and i must admit this was accurate too,even had my warm front added, i have had some small problems but found they have been resolved. I have had emails answered quickly, and callbacks at the times i asked for. I know a lot of people have had lots of problems, and since my switch which went well, i have been pleased with SP and i hope people are not put off switching, as not all go wrong. But i am wondering if any SP customer's have had the £12 added due to the change in green levy, even if we did not have the full £50 rebate due to being a fixed account. I will be asking SP.
  • POLAR_BILL
    POLAR_BILL Posts: 142 Forumite
    Options
    elle may - I too was lucky for a year till last October. Since then it has been an uphill struggle. I have finally got to view my latest bill and although the figures overall match about what my calculations show, it is actually impossible to follow the bill and I worked as an accountant for over 26 years. What chance do people stand of following what shows on their account? My warm home discount mysteriously appeared backdated on my account after I had endlessly queried why it wasn't credited making it look like it was there all the time!
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.6K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.8K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback