Add your feedback on energy supplier Scottish Power

Options

Comments

• POLAR_BILL
    POLAR_BILL Posts: 142 Forumite
    Options
    Terrible service! Was previously a happy customer for 9 years. New online service is rubbish doesn't seem to correspond to what the advisors can see when you phone. Call backs hardly work just end up in a queue and sometimes get cut off when you do get through. Overcharging - Duplicate bills on 13 Feb one £56.74 and another £63.74 (both actual readings from me apparently) was promised one or both would be deleted! Can't read bills never available to view. The consumption online data states I used £31! Of electricity in an 11 day period! But previously and correctly a 64 day period cost was £63.74 (no change in product/service). My usual cost is about £80/90 per month for both gas and electric! My billing issues started in February and are still not resolved complaint raised 13/03/14 complaint ID 800***200 (9 digits long) .Still not resolved so further complaint on 03/05/14 and you guessed it ID 800137***4 (now 10 digits long) The additional digit represents 1 million 276 thousand and 334 complaints raised since my first! Steer clear! No stars!

I have had issues since October and for an 11 day period recently I used £91 of gas which is about what one winter month cost me! They said I owe them £330 when a few days earlier I was in credit. To reduce my direct debit they wanted an immediate payment of £40 which would then make my account £190 in credit. Most recent bill still cannot be viewed. Gradually losing faith and if it wasn't for the £50 cancellation fee I would be off.
  • Lioness_Twinkletoes
    Options
    Anyone tried booking a call back? Nothing available today, no slots available for Monday after 6pm, Friday 16/05/14. Any slots? Nope. Ridiculous. Call wait times are in excess of 15 minutes - but I've been cut off loads of times.
  • AMG762
    AMG762 Posts: 478 Forumite
    Options
    I have had a terrible time with Scottish Power over the last few months. Incorrect bills, hours spent on the phone, dd increases while my account had a credit etc.

I just wondered as my current tariff has a £50 early exit fee, but i can transfer to another Scottish Power tariff. Does anyone know if its possible to transfer to another SP tariff that does not have an exit fee, then change supplier? Would this work and get out of paying the £50 fee?
  • imho
    imho Posts: 2,515 Forumite
    Name Dropper Combo Breaker First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    U can book a call back by going through your online account.It does work as i had a call i booked online today and one last week.
    I like to write what mess SP has done to my bill from Nov last year but it take me too long to write all the mistakes they have done and still cant fix it.
    They keep saying it the new software! Who on earth thought of putting in new software that has caused a lot of people so many problems and the new software is not new now but no one has sorted it out.
  • AMG762
    Options
    And Scottish Power cant add up...

My bill on 3rd April 2014 was £162.68 leaving a credit of £95.99

The £95.99 was refunded to my current account leaving a zero balance???? But not by the magic Scottish Power computer which left me at minus £95.99:eek:

A £65 direct debit credit, followed by a £47.78 bill should leave me still in credit by £17.22!

But let the magic scottish power computer tell me my account balance at 13/05/2014 is minus £78.77

I will be expecting an automated increase in my direct debit payment amounts again shortly and the fun will continue.

I have spent hours on the phone trying to correct this but got nowhere. They really are a joke

2uqhqtw.jpg
  • Bad_Power_Service
    Options
    It is sad to see so many people complaining and in a fix through a system that often places people between the suppliers trying to sort out their mess.

I thought my swap from Scottish Power to Co-op would be pretty straight fwd. All readings given in March Wk3 and let the system take over - well not really.

I do have my issues with the Co-op, but that is paling into insignificance compared to the unhelpful stonewalling of Scottish Power. Turns out they had an 'IT System' change over in recent months and the consequence appears to be they refuse to acknowledge their system prevented receipt of any readings from Co-op, despite system references to show it happened. However both of two parties refused to speak to each other, blaming each other and I have been left with circa 15 calls playing some type of weird mentor to two rather incompetant and on ocassions ignorant organisations. Scottish Power refused to log any complaint, saying their was no problem on their part :rotfl:- I have a nice long set of notes taken during all conversations with each party and I am tempted to hand all over to the ombudsmen to have a word in their (blocked) ears as the only thing they understand is their performance figures and money payments.

What I really wanted was a seamless change over and what I got was a Bill Smarts Circus without the fun.

Positive side is that I have over these conversation learnt quite a lot about how the power transfer system is supposed to work (or dosn't!), SAR Readings, MPan numbers and IQ Requests simply trip off my tongue now.:T

Will keep you posted as all is not finished............
  • POLAR_BILL
    Options
    AMG762 wrote: »
    And Scottish Power cant add up...

My bill on 3rd April 2014 was £162.68 leaving a credit of £95.99

The £95.99 was refunded to my current account leaving a zero balance???? But not by the magic Scottish Power computer which left me at minus £95.99:eek:

A £65 direct debit credit, followed by a £47.78 bill should leave me still in credit by £17.22!

But let the magic scottish power computer tell me my account balance at 13/05/2014 is minus £78.77

I will be expecting an automated increase in my direct debit payment amounts again shortly and the fun will continue.

I have spent hours on the phone trying to correct this but got nowhere. They really are a joke

2uqhqtw.jpg

Let us know if you actually get to view your bill on the 16th. My bill was supposed to be available to view a week ago. When I asked why I couldn't view I was sent an e-mail today saying they had reset my password and guess what after logging in and changing my password my account is still the same and I still cannot view the bill.
  • AMG762
    Options
    POLAR_BILL wrote: »
    Let us know if you actually get to view your bill on the 16th. My bill was supposed to be available to view a week ago. When I asked why I couldn't view I was sent an e-mail today saying they had reset my password and guess what after logging in and changing my password my account is still the same and I still cannot view the bill.

I have just checked my online account. There is no bill to view. It now says bill available on the 19th.

My online account is still wrong by £95.99 despite being told it would be corrected.

I have just changed tariff with them to one that does not have an exit fee. I will be contacting a new supplier very soon.
  • POLAR_BILL
    Options
    AMG762 wrote: »
    I have just checked my online account. There is no bill to view. It now says bill available on the 19th.

My online account is still wrong by £95.99 despite being told it would be corrected.

I have just changed tariff with them to one that does not have an exit fee. I will be contacting a new supplier very soon.

I think I will change tariff and exit them for another supplier!
  • POLAR_BILL
    Options
    After yet another useless response to an E-mail I have just spent 45 minutes on the phone and was told that they are updating their systems! My billl of 11 days ago should be available to view and print in another week's time. We shall see!
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.6K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.8K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback