Ketone Premium/Cleanse premium

Options

Comments

• Zkynoch
    Options
    mertish wrote: »
    Just to let you know that i have opened a facebook page - ketona premium-beware, i am also trying to post it to everyone i know - i have a printed out version of the terms and conditions which applied when i 'bought' this product and cancelled in the time stated. The t &c's only refer to a 37.50 payment now there t & c's have this altered to 75.00 pounds

Hi mertish, I am having the same problem. When I ordered my trial the t&cs only mentioned a £37.50 charge but like you said now they have changed them. Can you by any chance private message me or post on here a copy of the original t&cs??

Or ANYONE who has these t&cs that don't mention the £75.00 charge provide a copy??! I am desperate for a copy of these to fight my case and also to send to my bank. Also conveniently the t&cs page that customer services are linking me to that I read last week doesn't work now!!

Thanks for any help

Zoe
  • Joby80
    Options
    I also fell for this in a moment of madness! I contacted them on the number provided by them immediatly after I placed the original order as I realised it was a scam. This put me through to an American call centre where I was informed they had no record of me and there was no account. I have contacted them four times since including after they had taken money from my account and was told the same again. I had no account with them so I couldn't cancel the order. I made a complaint and asked to speak to a manager which they said they would sort. I'm still waiting!! As of yet I haven't recieved goods from them. My bank were brilliant when I contacted them. They said that cancelling the card was not enough to stop them accessing money but said that they could send them a 'notice to cancel' which would mean that they couldn't take recurring payments. They did then take £75 and £37 but the bank refunded it the same day. Personally I think recurring payments should not be able to be actioned through a debit card but only a direct debit because I have no control over recurring payments through debit card and am at the mercy of the company who has set it up. Payments through cards should purley be 'one off', not people keeping your details and taking what they want when they want! I don't think I have heard the last from them as I have noticed a pending payment on my account which I cannot account for but at least I know the bank will refund it, unlike some people.
  • expertess
    Options
    Yes, Jason I have gone to Financial Ombudsman website and called them too. Then after 1.5 hours of frustration on HSBC Disputes team line (spending/wasting more of my money on what should be a FREE phone call), I hung up. Took taxi to my nearest HSBC Branch which is now an hour by bus and demanded the manager of the branch. To NO avail. He kept on repeating that he knew nothing about the changes of Nov 2008 law which now give consumers extra protection on these "ongoing debits" by which you only have to notify the bank and it is the bank that is responsible for stopping taking money out of your account. Then he assigned one of his underlings to the crazy woman who thought that a Bank manager should have some knowledge of MAJOR UK law changes that effect banks and his customers. No love there either as he had to phone the Disputes line and then the Fraud team---why they need two different teams to do this is to be able to point and say, it was His responsibility not mine.

So having had an HSBC bank account since 1978, I actually closed my account simply by cutting up debit and credit cards and mailing it to customer service (no longer exists as a concept) and shredding my checkbooks---saving for the Royal grandchild confetti parade!

I went next door to Barclays and opened the most basic and free of charges account possible. Yes, I jumped from one frying pan into another but I definitely solved the problem of HSBC continuing to pay thieves and scammers from my
    DLA or my hard earned Pension money.

My total disgust with the UK Banking system remains. I just don't know how to have any impact on the system which is run by thieves who then let scammers steal more of our money. But at least a complaint to Fin Ombusman and moving bank account is a way to protest. And moving to the simplest FREE account is really easy except for the fact that when you ask for this account most banks in UK will deny that such an account even exists!!!! Our government protects us at least that much by forcing all UK banks to offer this basic no check book/no fees account to UK residents! No one takes checks here anymore and banks all want to close branches and be only Internet banks anyhow, so no loss.

More than one way to solve a problem and now mine is definitely solved--except for the phone calls from HSBC to tell me that my account is now overdrawn because they paid out again to Ketones plus!! Last laugh!

Good luck and put action where your mouth is complaining!
    JasonHand wrote: »
    People, the banks who are telling you they can't do anything about this are misinformed.

If you look on the financial obudsman website and search recurring payments they can cancel the payment.

So if you have asked your bank to do this and they have continued taking money out then your bank has to refund the amount. If they don't complain to the financial obudsman. They should be able to sort it. Its irellevant if its a debit card or credit card.

Also if you want to complain about them you need to go to the Advertising Standards Agency. They have already dealt with these people who operated under a different guise. For example the ASA said they could auto tick the T&Cs box which they are still doing.

So complain there and hopefully these people can be stopped.

Another thing which I'm still trying to find out is how all this stands with the distance selling regulations.

As far as I'm aware the seller needs to give a physical address of their premises. A PO box (what these people use) is not good enough. From my understanding any monies spent (including postage) is refundable.

Not sure what others make of that
  • Shinyln
    Options
    Hi all,
    I realised that this company was dubious after reading the small print (once I had signed up to the trial!)
    I therefore cancelled my subscription to them through the website, and received an email confirmation from them that the cancellation had been processed and no further funds would be taken.

Dear xx,
    Thank you for using Ketone Elite TRIAL. This email is to inform you that your subscription status has been recently updated and any ongoing or all future charges have been cancelled as per your request.

If you have any questions about the cancellation of this subscription, or if you would like to re-activate the same in the future, please feel free to contact our Customer Service team.

Ketone Elite emailed me the next day to say my delivery had been shipped. The p&p charge of £2.49 had been debited from my account.

I then cancelled my card with the bank, who advised that even with a new card number, the company could still take funds However, they advised I should keep hold of the email confirmation from Ketone Elite which states all future charges have been cancelled", and then if any further funds are debited they can raise a dispute and recall them.

I plan on keeping this account empty, and sending back the product as soon as it is received. As per their terms and conditions, they should only take further funds on day 14 of the trial - however if the items are received back within 21 days, they will refund the amount.

To be sure, I will be ensuring the product is returned within the 14 days, which should in theory stop them from trying to take nay further funds in the first place!
  • Broadsword
    Broadsword Posts: 97 Forumite
    Options
    Me too and the first I knew after cancelling was a fraud alert from my credit card when my card was recharged today. As I had returned the original supply:T per the onerous conditions, I had forgotten the original charge. Barclays were about to cancel my card when they pulled up last month's lower charge. They have now cancelled the recurring payment and charged this month's charge back to them
  • moo65
    Options
    Hi, I too have been robbed by this company. My situation is the same as many as the above post ~ bank account minus £37.50 & £75 ~ I am absolutely furious that they have taken my hard earned cash!
  • penelope1harleys
    Options
    :mad::mad::mad::mad:I agree with all its a SCAM. where is the 30 day free trial when after 14 days you get charged for the next batch on its way to you and you cannot use 30 days worth to see if they work as if you want to return after 14 days (not the 30 days) you have to send at least 50% of the product back. I too have had to cancel my bank card just in case they take monies they should not do so. Here is my email received just the same as everyone else I suspect.

Dear Customer,

Thank you for the request to cancel your subscriptions to the auto ship programs; this has now been done for you.

Please note you are still required to pay for the products you have received after your 14 day trial period. The offer you have signed up for is to try the products for 14 days before you pay. These are not free or a 30 day trial, it does not say this on our website
    If you do not wish to pay for the products you have received after your 14 day trial period, you must return at least half of the contents to us within 21 days of ordering. This is all in accordance with the terms and conditions that you agreed to by ticking the box on our order pages.

We do however appreciate it’s not always easy to get to a post office and that some people sign up to our offers without actually reading the terms.

We are therefore willing to offer you a 50% discount on the products you have received, meaning you will pay just £37.50 for the month's supply of Ketone Elite, and £18.75 for the month's supply of Cleanse Elite.

If you would like to accept this 50% off and keep your latest order to continue your weight loss program, please respond back by email within 21 days of shipment date to confirm you would like 50% off.

If you would still like to return your order and not pay for it at all, please send it back to the address below and write the RMA number on the outside of the envelope. Please note payment will automatically be taken on day 14 but this will be refunded if you return it between days 14 and 21 days. If you return the product after 21 days, we are not able to offer you a refund or ship the product back to you.

Please make sure you include your name and address including postcode inside the envelope so we know who has sent the order back and we strongly advise you to use a recorded mail service which costs just a few pence more to ensure we receive your items.

Your RMA number for the Ketone Elite is: 31811055517216074
    Your RMA number for the Cleanse Elite is: 31811115517217902
  • barmonkey
    barmonkey Posts: 7,159 Forumite
    Options
    Nina3107 wrote: »
    I was taken in by this scam too and a fake article by Channel 4 raving about the fantastic results of this pill. The pill did not work and neither did the patches.

In terms of finances, the day I received the pills I emailed to confirm cancellation of the auto-shipment. I also specified that they were not authorised to take any further payments from my card, to which they replied:

"Please note you are still required to pay for the products you have received after your 14 day trial period. The offer you have signed up for is to try Ketone Premium for 14 days before you pay. These are not free or a 30 day trial, it does not say this on our website.

Please make sure you include your name and address including postcode inside the envelope so we know who has sent the order back and we strongly advise you to use a recorded mail service which costs just a few pence more to ensure we receive your items."

I then sent the below response after which they extended the returns deadline so that I could send the products back.

"How can the item be returned back within 21 days of ordering when it was not shipped for 9 days and not received till day 12? It is then a 14 day trial which adds up to 26 days at least and then you need to allow time for it to be posted back.

I would like you to make this transparently clear, is it 21 days from ordering in which you will refund the charge or 21 days of delivery?

I'm willing to complain to the Office of Fair Trading if you do not respond reasonably."

It cost me £9.60 to post the products back by recorded post but this was worth it as they were unable to deny that they had received the items within the returns period.

A few days later they charged £75 to my debit card and were not returning it as they said that the returns period had expired. I then gave them the tracking number and warned them that I had a receipt for proof of postage.

To take things further, I then reported them to the Action Fraud police team. Google Action Fraud and follow the links for reporting a fraud.

I also called my bank (HSBC) and advised them of the fraud. I gave them the Crime Reference Number (CRN) issued to me by the Action Fraud online form. They temporarily refunded the money to my account pending further investigation by the disputes team.

I emailed all of this to Ketone Premium and they have now written to advise that as of today a full refund of £75 has been processed! Finally!

My advice is to go extreme and really give them a good scare, it works!

Good luck

I gave up reading that, why did you feel the need to make the font so small, the default is fine
    WWSD
    (what would Scooby Doo)
  • beci_10
    beci_10 Posts: 2 Newbie
    Options
    I Was tricked into paying the postage for the ketone and cleanse premium in January after recently having a baby I wanted to be in shape and quick! without knowing they were taking money from my account I waited a few weeks and the products arrived. A few days later my card was declined and after cancelling with the bank I thought that was the end. In february they managed to take another £3.75 but as it was under a different name there was nothing I could do. Today I have just recieved a letter stating that the company had taken ANOTHER £75 and Id have to wait for the money to be returned to me! If the banks already the company is a MASSIVE SCAM why are they letter Innocent and vunerable people get scammed by these people?! Surely there should be some sort of block the bank has on them?! I Cant get any of my money back as I paid on my debit card and not a credit card. Surely the direct debit gaurntee covers this? I also noticed that on the facebook suggested posts this is popping up on the womans weekly magazine it has 'been seen' on a few channels including the BBC. Are they aware of the Scam?! This company and many others need to publicised so other people dont fall victim. Its already happened to hundreds of thousands, lets not let it happen anymore!!!
  • areo
    areo Posts: 10 Forumite
    Options
    When returning ur products take befote pic of all contents nd envelope with there details.. nd once u done stuff at post office ask the staff if u can photo it.. also I only paid 1.90 I think it was to send it.. no recorded delivery just a proof of postage receipt which I photographed nd emailed to them..I also reused there envelope..
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure