Ketone Premium/Cleanse premium

Options

Comments

• Annemarie236
    Options
    HI all like yourselves I have been caught up in the free trial of ketone premium and cleanse premium!!!
    AGain I didn't look into the terms and conditions and the ridiculous
    Auto shipment programme which costs £122.50 a month. Only noticed the costs when I got my bank statement.
    I have just reported this company to the Advertising Standards AUthority on their websitel] and would urge everyone else who has been conned by this pathetic company to do the same.
    This company should not be allowed to trade and con innocent people out of their hard earned cash. I have sent several furious emails to this company, to which they don't answer any of my questions/queries. They just keep sending back you did not cancell within the 14day trial period!!
    This company is in breach of the Consumer Protection Regulating 2000, as they are using a Po box as an address, and the regulations state that companies trading online must provide a name and address for their company and not a virtual address like a Po Box.
    Again false advertising as the auto shipment/ enrolment fees are not mentioned on the same page as the 'free trial' page, nor are they in large writing as the free trial is advertised.
    Another point is the terms and conditions are auto ticked, so really they are agreeing to the terms and condition! !
    Come on People lets do something about this and get this company reported!!!!
    Good Luck
  • themanhere
    Options
    Here is my story,

I placed the order for the Free trial of Ketone Premium and Clense Premium on 26.02.2013. I received the capsuals with no problem.
    I then cancelled both of them on 12.03.2013 which is exactly 14 days from the order date and i have both of the cancellation emails and reference numbers, the phone auto-message stated that there would not be any charges to my account.
    The very next day my bank account had 2 payments come out £75.00 and £37.50.
    I have tried all sorts of ways of contacting Ketone Premium and had no responce.
    Has anyone found a way of speaking to an actual person?
    And what should my next move be? Because if i cancel my bank card they cant then refund back to the card.
  • ananswerforyou
    Options
    I have just been the newest scammed by the company selling these weight loss products. They offer a free trial with reduced postage but its nothing of the sort, its a means of getting you onto a recurring commitment every month for at least £75. Sadly the company also trades as Cleanse Premium, which I also bought the combination pills with ketone. Contacted my credit card company and they confirmed immediately they are aware of the scam and deals with it on daily basis. will try to get my money back but there is nothing they can do for current bill only for future ones as it seems this company has a terms and condition in place. Wondering if you could investigate these people as I was alarmed by the amount of people have been victims of it. It may save a lot of stupid people like me who are desperate to lose some weight, ends losing a lot of money. They were previously called Slimtone Plus but keep changing their name to con more people. Also I urge you to share on face book with your friends and urge them to share your experience. I also urge you report them on watchdog and other organizations who is willing to support customers rights. it is the only way to tackle this.
  • ananswerforyou
    Options
    I urge you to share on face book with your friends and urge them to share your experience. I also urge you report them on watchdog and other organizations who is willing to support customers rights. it is the only way to tackle this.
  • Steph2804
    Steph2804 Posts: 3 Newbie
    edited 14 March 2013 at 5:47PM
    Options
    I to was caught in this scam!

like everyone else, I got the bottle, which they put two months supply in! I was expecting a little bottle / bag of one months pills or something. I too must admit, I didn't read the t's & c's however, I didn't tick a box to say I had!! I also do not see advertised anywhere that they would send a big bottle and you had to send the bottle back within 14days to or they would take £75!! I actually cancelled the trial on the website, but i didn't get an email and I hadn't heard anything so assumed it was OK (wrongly) until a few days ago when I saw they took £75!

So I contacted Nationwide and told them they weren't authorised to take that money. They advised me, nothing more would be taken and that they will raise a claim, if the company did not submit sufficient evidence that they had my permission to take the money they would refund me. in the mean time I did the cancellation again and then low behold I get a cancellation email! I was fuming!! I called the number, nothing but an auto message, so I googled it and all these reviews came up with others who have suffered this like me, I found an email address and emailed them, they emailed me back a day or so later with an auto response (they have a lot of those) stating the t's and c's and that I hadn't cancelled in time so they were keeping my money! so I emailed again and again and again, I have also reported them to the ASA like someone else did on here.

I got a letter today from Nationwide advising me they had refunded me! :T :j

so my last email to the company was along the lines of, UP YOURS!!
    :rotfl:
  • umelaf
    umelaf Posts: 184 Forumite
    Options
    my story is same like everybody else but the problem is that i havnt recived them even what i have to do i asked my tesco bank to stop them from taking money from my account an that i did not recived anythingn
  • happy_friday_2
    Options
    :mad: Hi Folks, I wish I had read all your posts re: Ketone premium, I have been conned this week. I have now followed fellow bloggers advice but llyods tsb say the company can still take money from my account, therefore I may just close my account (extreme I know) Please please please be warned, I clicked on a facebook ad which said loose a stone in a month, I feel a right twit and am now going to see my not so friendly bank in the morning. bloody adverts! not yours thou martin, they are ace (-:
  • fazza1977
    Options
    I work for a bank dealing with credit cards... when you give over your full credit card details it is a guranteed form of payment, if you was to class your card as comprimised and block those original details it is possible that the charge will route through to the new account :(

The best thing to do is to call in normal office hours when the chargebacks team (poss known as retailer disputes etc) are available, yes it may be inconvenient and you may need to wait, however it will be dealt with directly for you and you can ensure no human errors and further delays! They hear of these scams everyday so will be well aware of them, tell them you have attempted cancellation within the trial period several times but without success (dead telephone numbers, no replies form emails, contact us links not functional etc). You have then been attempting to do what the company has stated! The card company should hopefully then take the dispute on on your behalf and place a block on future transactions.

I was almost stung with this scam but googled before committing. If I ever do sign up to anything I often use a debit card that I never have funds in, only there for a spare incase anything happens to current card... I may transfer a few pounds to cover the test authorisation but then if they try to take funds from it without me knowing the funds just simply are not available! This is my debit card, some credit cards will allow you to go over your credit limit by a certain percentage so be aware!
  • mommat
    Options
    I also fell for this scam. I went onto a U3a site and I thought it was a member posting about this product. She seemed delighted with it and had supposedly lost 16 lbs within 1 month. She advised to order both products in order to achieve the same result. Whilst I completed in full the order for the Ketone Premium, having started to complete my card number etc, I decided not to order the Cleanse Premium but was astonished to receive a confirmation of ordering both products! I became suspicious and having read this forum, decided to cancel. This was a matter of an hour or 2 after. I found the cancellation telephone number given to be an automated answering machine and I therefore sent an e mail confirming my cancellation. I also telephoned my bank to put a block on my account but was informed there was no guarantee that it would stop any payments being made!
    The following day I received an e-mail to say that my products had been despatched! I sent further e mails to reconfirm my cancellation and informed them I had kept all correspondence, a record of all telephone calls both to them and to my bank as evidence and that I would refuse the package when it was delivered. The following day, the parcel arrived. I refused to accept it and the postman wrote this on the parcel saying it would be sent back to the sender. I have learned since that there wasn't a return address enclosed so it has been forwarded to Belfast Sorting Returns office. Since, I have now closed my bank account with reassurance from my bank that monies cannot be taken from any other account I may have since I have not given authorisation. To date, no further monies have been taken. I am hoping this works but will keep you posted of any further developments. I think this action is worth a try. You can then open a further account which will have a completely different number, security code. Btw, I used a different branch to ensure a completely different sort code (as a precautionary measure). Good luck and I hope the scammers are caught and given their just desserts.
  • arcarc
    Options
    I returned the goods within the trial period (28 Feb). I have kept an eye on my credit card statement since to check whether any payments have been taken, and thought all was ok....until today!This morning I received email from the company informing me no payment would be taken.
    This afternoon I got a call from my bank, the fraud detection department in fact, who told me Clense/Ketone Premium had taken a payment this morning of £75. They have closed my card to prevent further payments being taken and I need to raise the transactions as a dispute in 3 to 4 business days.
    I have emailed Cleanse Premium customer services and told them that I am contacting the ASA, OFT and trading standards. They have not acted in accordance with the Distance Selling Regulations.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure