Ketone Premium/Cleanse premium

Options

Comments

• expertess
    Options
    I am feeling no joy in having so many other people falling for this scam too. And apparently (from another websearch) the Financial Ombusman has received 750 written complaints since 1 Jan 2013 about this company that seems to re-materialize frequently under a different name over the past two years!

And I am totally furious with HSBC Bank for their malarkey and waste of my time, energy, money. I phoned HSBC and asked for the dispute or fraud Team AFTER speaking with a woman at the Ombusman Office. In addition, I have read law so I am not a novice at how the Banks then proceed to make things worse for all of us--the duped consumers!

After 45 minutes on the phone with someone from HSBC who was rude and spoke with such a heavy accent I could not understand half of what she said without asking her to repeat it. Worse yet, I had not received any goods since the company had debited my account on 22 January. Basically, she totally CONTRADICTED the Financial Ombusman and insisted that because I had given the company my card details I had a relationship with them and the Bank REFUSED to reimburse me the 112.50 pounds sterling. I told her about this contradiction and asked for a supervisor and after another 10 minutes hearing awful music hung up and took a taxi to what is now my nearest HSBC Branch---a 45 minute bus ride in each direction.

And of course, the branch with which I had opened my account told me that they could not do anything because they were not experts and that I had to deal with either the Fraud Team or the Disputes Team (quite frankly I don't understand the difference between the two teams and it must just be part of the conspiracy of big businesses to run up our phone bills with 084 numbers!!!) Wielding my cane, I demanded to see the Branch manager by name and made he and a younger colleague make the phone calls.

However, the Branch Manager also totally ignored the change of consumer protection law from NOVEMBER 2009!!! Again, insisting that I had given the company my debit card details and thus I had to continue paying them although I had never received my purchases.

Basically, you all should individually call or write to the
    Financial Ombusman to complain! Then watch if more charges appear on your bank statements and then complain to your bank again.

The November 2009 law change enables consumers to cancel continuous payment authorities direct with the bank---and the bank has then been bound not to make any further payments even if the supplier continued to request them. Furthermore, the bank is generally liable to return the past payments and any future ones. The banks do not lose any money--they all carry heavy duty insurance against FRAUD! So don't take your Bank's decision as a final one! Complain to higher authorities and to your government representatives.

At this point I am more angry with the cavalier attitude of HSBC than I am with the SCAM professionals! I certainly feel abused as an account holder since 1978.

As soon as I can arrange for my DLA payments and my pension payments to be transferred to another bank, I am finished with HSBC! I wish you all better luck with your banks!
  • 12Acacia
    Options
    I am yet another one to have been scammed. Received my 2 bottles of tablets after paying £4.98 for them then a few weeks later I received another 2 bottles and thought 'oh no'! I checked my credit card statement and the initial payment of £4.98 had gone out on 27th January. Then 11th February a payment of £75 and £37.50 had been taken and then two weeks later, on the 27th February 2 payments of £5 had been taken for carriage. On the 28th February another £75 and £37.50 had been taken out! No goods have been received for the last payment on the 28th Feb. It appears that once they have your credit card details they are taking money as and when they like! It has made me feel sick to the core. We can not afford these huge sums of money leaving our account. Tesco banking say that they have put a block on the company from taking any more money from my account and they are sending me the relevant form so that I can apply to be reimbursed. So now iam left hoping with all of my might that Cleanse Tone premium can not take anymore money and that Tesco can come up trumps with the reimbursement. I had not read through the small print but as many others have explained on this site, the manner in which the advert (s) have been set up is almost, if not totally fraudulent. I have never been 'scammed' before and I make online purchases on a weekly basis.
  • caithgal
    caithgal Posts: 47 Forumite
    Options
    This is the response i got. I cancelled my card

Dear Customer,

Thank you for the request to cancel your subscriptions to the Ketone Elite and Cleanse Elite auto ship programs; this has now been done for you.

Please note you are still required to pay for the products you have received after your 14 day trial period. The offer you have signed up for is to try Ketone Elite and Cleanse Elite for 14 days before you pay. These are not free or a 30 day trial, it does not say this on our website
    If you do not wish to pay for the products you have received after your 14 day trial period, you must return at least half of the contents to us within 21 days of ordering. This is all in accordance with the terms and conditions that you agreed to by ticking the box on our order pages.

We do however appreciate it’s not always easy to get to a post office and that some people sign up to our offers without actually reading the terms.

We are therefore willing to offer you a 50% discount on the products you have received, meaning you will pay just £37.50 for the month's supply of Ketone Elite, and £18.75 for the month's supply of Cleanse Elite.

If you would like to accept this 50% off and keep your latest order to continue your weight loss program, please respond back by email within 21 days of shipment date to confirm you would like 50% off.

If you would still like to return your order and not pay for it at all, please send it back to the address below and write the RMA number on the outside of the envelope. Please note payment will automatically be taken on day 14 but this will be refunded if you return it between days 14 and 21 days. If you return the product after 21 days, we are not able to offer you a refund or ship the product back to you.

Please make sure you include your name and address including postcode inside the envelope so we know who has sent the order back and we strongly advise you to use a recorded mail service which costs just a few pence more to ensure we receive your items.

I emailed them back and told them i cancelled my order i dont expect to receive the product and if i do i wont be sending anything back to them
  • parmaviolet
    Options
    Hi, I think I've been luckier than most having been caught out by this scam before Christmas but I actually was refunded the cost of the product after complaining
  • Miffed1988
    Options
    Hi guys,
    I was in a similar situation to you a few weeks ago.
    I returned the products with the attached RMA numbers and also emailed their support team stating that unfortunately due to being allergic to some of the ingredients listed I've had to return the products (little white lie but hey they've screwed us all over!). I received an email from a lady called Sophia Watson as follows
    Dear Customer,

Thank you for the request to cancel your subscriptions to the Ketone Premium and Cleanse Premium auto ship programs; this has now been done for you.

Please note you are still required to pay for the products you have received after your 14 day trial period. The offer you have signed up for is to try Ketone Premium and Cleanse Premium for 14 days before you pay. These are not free or a 30 day trial, it does not say this on our website
    If you do not wish to pay for the products you have received after your 14 day trial period, you must return at least half of the contents to us within 21 days of ordering. This is all in accordance with the terms and conditions that you agreed to by ticking the box on our order pages.

We do however appreciate it’s not always easy to get to a post office and that some people sign up to our offers without actually reading the terms.

We are therefore willing to offer you a 50% discount on the products you have received, meaning you will pay just £37.50 for the month's supply of Ketone Premium, and £18.75 for the month's supply of Cleanse Premium.

If you would like to accept this 50% off and keep your latest order to continue your weight loss program, please respond back by email within 21 days of shipment date to confirm you would like 50% off.

If you would still like to return your order and not pay for it at all, please send it back to the address below and write the RMA number on the outside of the envelope. Please note payment will automatically be taken on day 14 but this will be refunded if you return it before 9/2/2013. If you return the product after 9/2/2013, we are not able to offer you a refund or ship the product back to you.

Please make sure you include your name and address including postcode inside the envelope so we know who has sent the order back and we strongly advise you to use a recorded mail service which costs just a few pence more to ensure we receive your items.

Your RMA number for the Ketone Premium is: ***
    Your RMA number for the Cleanse Premium is: ***

Write this on the outside of the envelope and post it back to:

PO Box 113
    Shannon
    Co Clare.
    Ireland

If you require further assistance, please respond to this email, ensuring the ticket number is left in the subject line.

Many Thanks,

Ketone Premium Customer Service Team

I also cancelled my card and I check my online banking weekly to make sure they're not
    pinching my money. I also sent every single pill back so they couldn't argue.

Hope is there guys...just spread the word to others about this scam!
    :j
  • 2kitties
    Options
    Hi, unfortunately, in a moment of madness, I went for the trial product Ketone and Cleanse. It advertised a month of both Ketone and Cleanse where you only pay half the postage and packing. The advert was showing a Channel 4 presenter and how she lost weight easily by taking these pills. I had no idea that this was a scam. I looked over the terms and conditions quickly as you do but will swear that nowhere did I see that if you didn't return them after 14 days then they were going to cost to £75 and a further £37.50. In fact I was wondering how much they actually were as if they were that good I might want to pay for a 2nd bottle. How stupid do you think I feel now when these 2 amounts came out of my account! I had to go to the post office to pick up the bottles and there was a silly pamphlet included but no invoice, which I thought was strange. I also didn't receive any email to confirm everything. That would be giving information away. I've now found that on the back of their pamphlet is there terms and conditions and only found it when looking for a phone number which as everyone now knows is the automated line and never a live line. Now I'm in an email battle with their Customer Services. They've just advised the following in today's email:

However the vast majority of our customers do read the terms and understand what they are signing up for and consequently we a lot of time issuing return numbers and processing the returned packages.
    >
    > Unfortunately because many people take full advantage of the 14 days trial period and do send their products the company are not able to offer any leniency to customers who do not contact us in the first 14 days to either cancel their subscription or request an RMA number. UK distance selling regulations actually state that you need to contact a company within seven days if you do not wish to keep a product but we give you 14 to do this.

I agree with everyone on here we need to stop these companies from ripping us off. I honestly can't afford for them not to give me my money back so I'm battling on with emails at the moment. I'll also try my bank tomorrow and see what they say to this.
  • Loh_2
    Loh_2 Posts: 1 Newbie
    Options
    Hi there i too in a moment of madness went for this product,thought i was getting a trial of 14 days worth for the price of £2.49 p&p,too good to be true! I immediently realised what i did and cancelled order within 2 min of ordering it,got the email cancellations the next day,then 2 emails telling me the products have been sent out,then straight after that got another email telling me i still have to pay for the products that i ordered,unbelievable!products arrived 2 days after i ordered them,no invoice no address to send the stuff back to them!came on here and read some of these and panicked,straight on to halifax and the lady i spoke to was really helpful and sympathetic,it looked like i was not the only one this had happened to,she seen 2 payments of £2.49,which i hadnt seen when i checked my bank that morning,she says shes cancelled any more payments that they try and take but it will take 3 more working days ,so will just have to hope it works out,then just an hour ago i eventually got another email telling me the p.o box number to send the products back to,will wait and see though see if any payments get took out before i spend more money sending stuff back,will let you guys know how i get on,cant believe i have been so stupid,i have never did anything like this before and feel right !!!!ed off!hope something gets done about these dirty scamming b******s!! Good luck everyone and i wish i came on here before i read the wonderful story of Julie at dailymail saying how glad she was at being the guinypig and how envious everyone was of her cos she lost 25 pounds in 4 weeks!B***h!!
  • letloosh
    Options
    I have fallen for the scam as well!

I emailed them a couple of days ago to get a returns number with no luck! I then tried ringing the number and thought there might be something fishy going on! Then i have just found this forum. I have cancelled my debit card immediately. Don't think i am even going to bother sending the tablets back now! What is everyone else doing?
  • Blusher81
    Options
    I seem to be having more luck than some as i have received emails back from the company straight away. They have informed me that they will cancel the payment as soon as I email them a scanned copy of my proof of delivery, despite me losing the initial postage fees and the fee of sending them back to Ireland, surely this is worth a shot if it prevents any more money being taken? I tried other peoples advice to cancel my credit card but was informed by them that even if I cancel the card and get a new one with new numbers etc the money can still be taken out of my account as it has been authorised by me, They have put a block on the company but this won't stop them trying to take it through a different name! Fingers crossed though, will keep people posted as to whether or not sending them back works as I can see very few comments on here from anyone that has actually had a result from the company from sending them back
  • mitchmatch
    Options
    Hi there I have also been scammed. I have triad to send the products back but the post office says they need more of the postal address, I had written on what they sent me the po box 113 ireland when they gave me the ticket number, but its not enough, dose anyone have any more information, having read the posts I too will be cancelling my account. Thank you
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure