Flight delay and cancellation compensation, Easyjet ONLY

Options

Comments

• rochja
    rochja Posts: 564 Forumite
    Options
    Life is like a box of chocolates - drop it and the soft centres splash everywhere
  • Caz3121
    Caz3121 Posts: 15,554 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    JM_London wrote: »
    We were only given 1 bottle of water in the 18 hours we were there.

Easyjet are liable to refund your meal expenses during your wait - have you sent your receipts in to them for reimbursement?
  • David_e
    David_e Posts: 1,498 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    I am considering raising a civil case against people who create unnecessary new threads - or worse, duplicate unnecessary new threads.
  • Vauban
    Vauban Posts: 4,736 Forumite
    Options
    David_e wrote: »
    I am considering raising a civil case against people who create unnecessary new threads - or worse, duplicate unnecessary new threads.

But if you win, and they only pay you in vouchers, will you have to accept them?:D
  • JM_London
    Options
    WOW guys - these responses are completely unnecessary and you obviously have no idea the hell we went through (and for you info I wasn't born with dangly bits and there is no need to get personal!!!)
    I thought this was a forum for help and advise and not for ripping into someone
    If you have nothing to say that is helpful to me, then I do NOT want to hear from you - jog on!
  • Vauban
    Vauban Posts: 4,736 Forumite
    Options
    The advice in post 5 is the most useful - Easyjet are responsible for your welfare, including the reasonable costs of meals and soft drinks. As for other compensation, there's no statutory provision for that from Gatwick for any distress encountered: so I'm not sure on what basis you would bring a civil claim?
  • rochja
    rochja Posts: 564 Forumite
    Options
    The same advice is in the link I gave you. Vauban reiterates my point in post 9. Thus you have received the advice you asked for despite your over dramatisation of events and your lack of appreciation of Gatwick's offer which they were not legally obliged to make.
    Life is like a box of chocolates - drop it and the soft centres splash everywhere
  • David_e
    David_e Posts: 1,498 Forumite
    Options
    Vauban wrote: »
    But if you win, and they only pay you in vouchers, will you have to accept them?:D

Good point. I'll contact the CAA. I've heard they are very helpful.
  • JPears
    JPears Posts: 5,086 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    Thread lock time me thinks....
    If you're new. read The FAQ and Vauban's Guide

The alleged Ringleader.........
  • CobyBenson
    Options
    Biggles wrote: »
    Is it accepted by easyJet that a delay (3½ hours) caused by bad weather on a previous flight is grounds for compensation?

I have read that there was a 'non-binding' court case some months ago.

I think what you're probably asking is will easyJet now settle these claims or do they still run them to court.

The answer is (in my experience) unfortunately they still try their luck and fight them.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.6K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.7K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.7K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.3K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback