Flight delay and cancellation compensation, Easyjet ONLY

Options

Comments

• Gary121121
    Options
    Yeah I had a look but still not sure wether I would get my claim accepted does anyone no with the information I have given
  • Caz3121
    Caz3121 Posts: 15,546 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    You need to read the FAQs properly
    It sounds like they will try to use the ATC delays as extraordinary circumstances but you will be able to see what other flights were affected using flightstats (details in the FAQs)

You ask how much and how do you claim - again this is all answered in the FAQs ... start with the first page of the Easyjet thread...you have not said where your flight was going so nobody here can answer without knowing the distance
  • Gary121121
    Options
    It's from Amsterdam to Glasgow

I just don't no if I should claim or if am wasting my time
  • richardw
    richardw Posts: 19,458 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Are you on Today's

19:00 EZY6854 AMSTERDAM ESTIMATED 2300

?
    Posts are not advice and must not be relied upon.
  • Gary121121
    Options
    Yeah I am. It just got in

The captain said the other plane broke down and they send another one out

Can you claim for this ?
  • Caz3121
    Caz3121 Posts: 15,546 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    You can submit a claim for €250 due to the arrival being 3 hours+ later than scheduled.
    I suggest you have a good read of the FAQs and the template letters
  • dmr4bp
    Options
    Hi
    at the end of September i was delayed by 3.5hrs coming from Malaga to Luton. i used the FAQ at the start of this thread and sent a letter with my boarding passes to easyjet requesting compensation. after 1 month i hadn’t heard so called them and spoke to someone who advised me to email the boarding passes and they would escalate. after a further 10 days i hadn’t received a reply so called again and was informed my request had been rejected due to extraordinary circumstances. i was informed that the technical error was not covered as this was a fault that couldn’t be located during the pre-flight checks but was a fault that occurred after so it was beyond their control. i asked for this in writing with details of the exact fault. today i received this email from easyjet:

Thank you
    for contacting us. I apologise for the delay in response.

I am very sorry to hear that your recent flight was delayed. We work hard to provide you with a punctual and efficient service and make every effort to minimise flight disruption so that we can get you to your final destination as quickly as possible. I understand that the delay you suffered was frustrating and inconvenient for you.

As you will remember from our Terms and Conditions, when your flight is delayed for more than one hour beyond its scheduled departure time, if you do not wish to travel on the delayed flight you can choose a free re-route on the next available easyJet flight or you can cancel your seat and receive a credit for future flights with us. I understand that you chose to travel on the delayed flight.
    For this reason, I'm afraid we cannot offer you any compensation. You may be able to claim back the costs of any additional expenses as a result of this delay though your travel insurance.

Thank you for taking the time to get in contact with me and let me apologise again for the inconvenience. I understand how frustrating it must have been for you.

i am wondering what should my next step be? as they didn’t mention any technical fault here. do i go back to easyjet and explain this isn’t a valid reason to reject the claim? and ask for the specifics technical fault details? or do i just forward my claim to the ECC?

all advice will be greatfully received!
    thanks

• David_e
    David_e Posts: 1,498 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    dmr4bp wrote: »
    Hi
    at the end of September i was delayed by 3.5hrs coming from Malaga to Luton. i used the FAQ at the start of this thread...

i am wondering what should my next step be? as they didn’t mention any technical fault here. do i go back to easyjet and explain this isn’t a valid reason to reject the claim? and ask for the specifics technical fault details? or do i just forward my claim to the ECC?

With respect, if you have read the FAQ, you will know that once you have received a knock-back, the only action likely to achieve results is to issue legal proceedings.
  • dmr4bp
    Options

thanks for the reply, but my point was that the written rejection i receivedfrom EJ did not include any mention of technical faults and was wondering if ishould try and ask EJ to send me the specific details of the fault in order tothen forward my claim, or whether this information is not needed to issue legalproceedings
  • JPears
    JPears Posts: 5,086 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    dmr4bp wrote: »
    thanks for the reply, but my point was that the written rejection i receivedfrom EJ did not include any mention of technical faults and was wondering if ishould try and ask EJ to send me the specific details of the fault in order tothen forward my claim, or whether this information is not needed to issue legalproceedings
    Most airlines won't give the reason for the delay until it reaches court (and it looks as though even this isn't happening on some threads) so taking legal action is required. Clearly the last communication you received is bumbling drivel written by somebody who hasn't the first clue and you can safely ignore this (but include it in your court bundle, if it gets that far as evidence of their incompetence)
    But in answer, you don't need the reason to issue the N1, just the particulars of claim.
    If you're new. read The FAQ and Vauban's Guide

The alleged Ringleader.........
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport