Flight delay and cancellation compensation, Easyjet ONLY

Options

Comments

• David_e
    David_e Posts: 1,498 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    dmr4bp wrote: »
    thanks for the reply, but my point was that the written rejection i receivedfrom EJ did not include any mention of technical faults and was wondering if ishould try and ask EJ to send me the specific details of the fault in order tothen forward my claim, or whether this information is not needed to issue legalproceedings

There are numerous posts from people who are not given details of the reasons for delays (and indeed some given different reasons at various times) and, where the reason cited is a "technical issue" likewise often no specific details are forthcoming.

If you read the copious material on here about bringing a case, you will not see any reference to having to include the alleged cause of the delay.

You were delayed, they have cited a technical issue which (as you will know having read the FAQs) is no defence. If I was you, I would send an NBA and then (assuming no success with that) issue a legal claim.
  • dmr4bp
    Options
    thank you for your reply. is it best for me to write to EJ with a NBA now or go direct to the spanish regulator to pursue my request? in my original letter to EJ i wrote "I look forwardto a full response to this letter within 14 days. If I do not receive asatisfactory response I intend to pursue my complaint further, which could meantaking it to court".
    So is the NBA now unneccessary? if i need to go direct to the spanish regulator does anyone have an email address for them as all i can find is a postal address and the revelant section on their website regarding compensation isnt in english.
    thanks
  • Raur
    Options
    Hi
    Just wanted to say thank you to this forum. I happened upon it a few weeks ago and realised we may be entitled to compensation for a 5 hour delay flying from Glasgow to London in May. I used the template from this website and posted recorded delivery 25th October. After a week I'd heard nothing so I submitted it via 'ask a question' on their web site having seen others mention here they'd had better responses that way. Within a couple of days we'd had an e-mail stating our case was referred on to a supervisor and on Friday received another confirming we are eligible and attaching a form to be completed, signed and returned to process payment. I am delighted with their response (mind you maybe I should save that until I see the money coming through:)) and am grateful to everyone who's taken the time to add their advice in here.
    Thanks again
  • Gary121121
    Options
    Ok am I right in saying I need to complain to the airline first and see if they pay out on delay ?
  • Caz3121
    Caz3121 Posts: 15,546 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    All the information you need is in the FAQs including template letters to send to the airline and information on what to do if they reject your claim

It is all in the FAQs...if you have had problem finding them try post #2 here
    http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showthread.php?t=4384709
  • jab73
    Options
    Hi everyone
    I am new to this site ;)
    Just a quick question if you don't mind, I know that you can't claim for a delayed flight for bad weather, but what if we were delayed by Easyjet for 5 days in Lanzarote because the weather was so bad at Gatwick?
    Other flights were going all the time, Ryan air even put their flights up to £2000 just to get home - so there were flights going
  • jab73
    Options
    Hi
    The flight was due to go 7th January 2010, and we eventually left 12/1/10 on flight EZY8684.
    Hope that helps
    & thank you for help :)
  • Alex444
    Alex444 Posts: 144 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    edited 19 November 2013 at 11:02AM
    Options
    E-mailed Easyjet last week regarding flight delay to Tenerife and have had the following response:-

Thank you for contacting us.
    I am sorry for any inconvenience you experienced on your delayed flight on 21 October, 2013. We work hard to provide punctual and reliable services. We try our best to minimise flight disruptions so that passengers can reach their destination on time. Sometimes due to unforeseen circumstances we have to delay the flight as our main priority is safety of our passengers.
    When a flight is delayed for more than an hour, then he can either take a free transfer to the next available flight with us or a full refund of the unused flights. If the flight is delayed for more than 3 hours due to non extraordinary reasons, the we can process compensation. Your flight was delayed for 2 hours 41 minutes, I am afraid we cannot process compensation.
    I understand that you were not offered refreshments as per EU Regulation if the flight is delayed for more than 3 hours then refreshments are offered to passengers. If you have travel insurance, you can claim the additional cost from your travel insurer. We can issue an insurance letter with the admin cost of GBP 10. You can call our Customer Services Team and they will issue the insurance letter.
    Once again I am sorry for the experience and I hope that you will not deter from using our services in future.
    Yours sincerely
    Charlotte Margi
    easyJet Customer Services

With the food and drinks bill, which I attached in the submission, only coming to £20 I am beginning to wonder if it is worth it.

We were also delayed on the return leg for even longer, the flight was Thomas cook, but that is on other forum.
  • David_e
    David_e Posts: 1,498 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Alex444 wrote: »
    With the food and drinks bill, which I attached in the submission, only coming to £20 I am beginning to wonder if it is worth it.

If what's worth it? If your delay was less than 3 hours you aren't entitled to compensation under the Regulations so there wouldn't be any point in pursuing that.

http://www.moneysavingexpert.com/travel/flight-delays#compensation
    Alex444 wrote: »
    We can issue an insurance letter with the admin cost of GBP 10.

Don't you just love 'em! That's what I call customer service!

You could, presumably, use the email as evidence for any insurance claim.
  • jab73
    Options
    The weather was particularly bad at LGW which led to EZ and a number of other airlines cancelling virtually the entire flying programme for a day or so. Given that LGW was our destination the airline are within their rights IMO to claim that no compensation is payable in those circumstances.

However, the airline is still obliged to reimburse any legitimately incurred expenses by passengers on meals, accommodation, 2 phone calls and travel to/from airport and hotel so long as you can produce copies of receipts for these items.
    Thank you so much for your help, I didn't think I would be able to claim as it was the weather, but it's always nice to double check :)
    Thanks again for your help
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure