Flight delay and cancellation compensation, Easyjet ONLY

Options

Comments

• Justice13075
    Options
    You can ask Easyjet for a deadlock letter and go to arbitration or you could issue a claim through the small claims court or pass it to bott & co who will the approx 30% if they win
  • symphony63
    Options
    You can ask Easyjet for a deadlock letter and go to arbitration or you could issue a claim through the small claims court or pass it to bott & co who will the approx 30% if they win
    If I take it arbitration I need some proof to base my claim why I don't trust the information I received from EZY.
  • JPears
    JPears Posts: 5,086 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    No payment from EJ, past deadline set by CEDR. Quelle surpise...
    MCOL beckons....
    If you're new. read The FAQ and Vauban's Guide

The alleged Ringleader.........
  • JPears
    Options
    Contacted easyJet about non-payment.
    They claim to have made payment on 14th December.
    I don't believe them.

What a shower of a company.

• symphony63
    symphony63 Posts: 105 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    JPears wrote: »
    Contacted easyJet about non-payment.
    They claim to have made payment on 14th December.
    I don't believe them.

What a shower of a company.
    Before you go to MCOL I would advise you to check with your bank. I had this before that the bank rejects a payment if some information is wrong.
  • JPears
    Options
    They claim payment was made and that they informed CEDR. There is NO notification on my CEDR of payment.
    They have all the correct payment information, twice.
    They said they need a week to "check with accounts"
    Either way they have messed up.
    MCOl next weekend.

• WelshBoy77
    Options
    I would appreciate some guidance and advice regarding reimbursement of expenses from EasyJet.

March 2018: Our flight from Bristol to Venice was cancelled by EasyJet (I booked 6 tickets, 1 for myself and 5 for friends). EasyJet reimbursed the cost of the airfare by the end of March.

My friends booked hotel accommodation for our stay and their travel insurance company did not pay out, this I found out in mid-June 2018.

July 2018 - I contacted EasyJet using their online complaints portal asking to reimburse the cost of the accommodation (€843). Copies of receipts and a cover let were sent via the online portal. In the letter I was not seeking compensation under EC Regulation 261/2004 (cost of flight £320 vs. fixed compensation €1,500 it did not seem fair).

EasyJet replied via email the next day “We have been unable to find your booking” and provided a reference number. I replied a few hours later with full details and included a cover letter.

August 2018 - I emailed EasyJet in early August asking for an update, EasyJet did not respond to this email.

October 2018 – EasyJet replied to my August email “To claim for additional expenses incurred due to disruption, please submit the expense form on the link provided below”.

November 2018 – I followed the link (as I did in July 2018) with copies of the receipts and cover letter. The next day EasyJet emailed “unable to find your booking with the information that you have provided”.

December 2018 – I replied to EasyJet’s email with a letter providing the same information (provided in July 2018) adding that I am claiming for more costs (friend found the receipt) and I will claim compensation for flight cancellation (€250 per person) if EasyJet do not reply within 21 days.

I would be grateful for any advice on what I should do next.
  • jpsartre
    jpsartre Posts: 4,085 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Was the hotel booked seperately from the flight? If so, don't bother claiming back the cost from easyJet as they have no obligation to reimburse it. Focus on EU261 compensation. If your flight was cancelled for non-extraordinary reasons, you are entitled to compensation. You can look up your flight on EUClaim.co.uk. It's not infallible but will give you an indication of where you stand. If you haven't already done so, add your flight booking confirmation in your claim.
  • addytrade
    Options
    Hi All

We were due to take a 7:40am flight from Gatwick to Marrakech on 20 December. After hours of waiting etc we were called to the gate at 3pm and told, at around 3:20pm, that an alternate flight had been lined up from Luton. However, the plane was smaller and so they said they needed at least 20 people to volunteer not to take the flight and that:
    - tickets would be fully refunded; and
    - GBP750 per person would be paid to the volunteers

We opted to take the offer as we knew that there was not realistic for them to get us from Gatwick to Luton, through security etc, and ready for the 6pm flight (apparently, the flight left after 8pm).

They confirmed the offer and processed our boarding passes and asked us to go to the main desk and provide account details. When we got there, they closed the main desk and said they couldn't take account details but that we should apply online. They also told us that it was EUR750 and not GBP.

We have received the EUR amount, however they are now refusing to refund the tickets - per the online chat - as they 'don't do that'.

Any suggestions?

Thanks
  • jpsartre
    jpsartre Posts: 4,085 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    So just to be clear, you ended up abandoning your trip? If so, you are absolutely entitled to a refund of your ticket. Perhaps another call is in order and make it clear that you did not use your tickets. If they still won't budge, take it to CEDR or MCOL. That aside, you did well on the compensation side as easyJet could have (legally) gotten away with paying you €400.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.5K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.4K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family
  • 248.1K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback