Flight delay and cancellation compensation, Easyjet ONLY

Options

Comments

• Justice13075
    Options
    Put your flight details into bottonline and euclaim and see what they say.
  • NickG85
    Options
    Hi, just a quick update, I have been online chat with them and the advisor has informed me that the flight wasn't cancelled due to weather conditions but a medical emergency which caused the crew to exceed their working hours.

So the ATC restrictions on crew working hours was the reason for our cancellation.

Does anyone know if I have a case for this?

Thanks,

Nick.
  • NickG85
    Options
    Hi.
    Bottonline says I can claim maybe £250 and euclaim says that there is no chance of a claim?

Thanks,

Nick.
  • JPears
    JPears Posts: 5,086 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    Nick, that sounds a bit fishy to me.
    Changing a story from a potential EC you can check and prove or disprove, to a potential EC that is very difficult to check and prove or disprove unless you go to court.
    It would be unusual for flight to be cancelled due to crew hours/medical emergency, usually just delayed.
    What was your flight number and times? We maybe able to track the previous flight on planefinder.
    Remember the airlines' modus operandi is to deny the majority of claims, its a numbers game.

You may have to call their bluff and seek legal recovery.
    Or try CEDR if you have a "final position" letter from easyJet.
    If you're new. read The FAQ and Vauban's Guide

The alleged Ringleader.........
  • JPears
    Options
    NickG85 wrote: »
    Hi.
    Bottonline says I can claim maybe £250 and euclaim says that there is no chance of a claim?

Thanks,

Nick.
    botts tend to be optimistic. EUClaim less so on a claim validity.

• NickG85
    Options
    Hi, thanks for you reply.

Flight number was EZY8070 - Flying from Venice Marco Polo to Gatwick 13th August @ 21:50.

I've been told they will get back to me in 5-7 days from the result of our recent live chat so no final letter yet, I assume that's what I'll get in 5-7days.

Thanks,

Nick.
  • NickG85
    Options
    27th Sep 18, 1:09 PM
    Hi, thanks for you reply.

Flight number was EZY8070 - Flying from Venice Marco Polo to Gatwick 13th August @ 21:50.

I've been told they will get back to me in 5-7 days from the result of our recent live chat so no final letter yet, I assume that's what I'll get in 5-7days.

Thanks,

Nick.
  • Rosehip_2
    Options
    Thanks JPears, have taken on board your suggestions, will let you know when claim excepted (ever the optimistic) Regards
  • helenkrill
    Options
    Hi there
    Easyjet cancelled my flight 5 mins before we were scheduled to board. I have it in writing from Easyjet that the reason was due to Crew Welfare Issue - one of the crew became ill and there was no replacement crew due to a disrupted flight the day before.
    They issued me EU261 compensation immediately and refunded both my cancelled outbound flight and also my return flight (which was scheduled for 3 days later)
    We were unable to find an alternative flight within the following 24 hours so we rang the hotel and explained that we wouldn't be coming.
    I'm still out of pocket for paid expenses such as airport parking, transfers from airport to hotel and hotel costs - totalling over £350.
    Does anyone know if there is there any way I can claim this back please?
    The package holiday company, Easyjet and my travel insurance company all deny responsibility and tell me to ring the others.
    I'm going round in circles, surely i shouldn't be out of pocket for something beyond my control?
    TIA
  • JPears
    Options
    If you bought a package holiday this should be covered.
    You need to look carefully at the regulations of your package cover.
    Cheap travel insurance is usually useless in these situations.

Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.6K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.5K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family
  • 248.1K Travel & Transport