Flight delay and cancellation compensation, Easyjet ONLY

Options

Comments

• NoviceAngel
    NoviceAngel Posts: 2,271 Forumite
    Options
    JPears wrote: »
    CEDR Update.
    Finally got a response from Easyjet through CEDR 2 months after initial decision.
    Easyjet have made an offer of £400, " without liability, goodwill blah blah " for 2 people. It should be at least £445 - €250 per person.

Do I argue the toss for the extra £45?
    And it requires another extensive spreadsheet to complete, when they already have ALL the details they need.
    So fricking frustrating.

As ever it’s your decision, is your time worth £45 in pursuing your case? Knowing you you’ll reject it and keep going and there’s nothing wrong with that, personally I’d probably accept. If that’s their final offer and you have to start court proceedings- well you know what a pain that is, or if your confident (hahaha) in the CEDR process then leave it to them.

As ever, I’m with you whatever you decide.
    After reading PtL Vaubans Guide , please don't desert us, hang around and help others!

Hi, we’ve had to remove part of your signature. If you’re not sure why please read the forum rules or email the forum team if you’re still unsure - MSE ForumTeam
  • legal_magpie
    legal_magpie Posts: 1,194 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    have CEDR made a ruling yet?
  • JPears
    JPears Posts: 5,086 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    edited 10 October 2018 at 9:18AM
    Options
    I'll leave the decision to my partner. Half is hers and she always offers sage advice ;)

But we did have to spend half the day before our flight rearranging the flights and car hire, paying out an additional £800. And I missed half a days golf. :(
    If you're new. read The FAQ and Vauban's Guide

The alleged Ringleader.........
  • JPears
    Options
    have CEDR made a ruling yet?
    No, its just the first message I got from easyjet, via CEDR's cluncky website.
    Asking me to respond.
    >>
    09-10-2018 12:47:07 PM Company has completed Respond - Event: Please note that the airline made a settlement offer to the other side for GBP 400, with the following terms: "The offer is made without an admission of liability and purely as a gesture of good will If the CEDR decision is accepted AND YOU HAVE NOT ALREADY DONE SO please complete the attached spreadsheet and send to CEDR@easyjet.com so that payment can be made. IF PAYMENT IS BEING MADE TO A UK BANK ACCOUNT in column H & I please insert the Sort Code and Account No respectively. IF PAYMENT IS BEING MADE TO AN EU BANK ACO!!!! in column H & I please insert the Swift Code and IBAN No respectively. If payment is to be outside the UK or the EU additional information may be required and we will response to your email requesting these details. In the title of the email please quote your CEDR Reference Number so that we can track your email with ease should the need arise. Please note that the CEDR rules provides up to 20 working days for payment to be made. Please do not send chaser emails prior to 20 working days as this will likely delay our ability to deal with all emails quickly as any time taken to deal with unnecessary chaser email will mean less time dedicated to assisting other passengers. ".

If I respond with the arguement that the compensation is a statutory amount and not negotiable, will it go to the adjudicator to judge or just bounced back to easyjet?
    Interestingly the easyjet statement mentions "If the CEDR decision is accepted". This is not an adjudicator decision, merely a statment by easyjet?Slightly confused.

• legal_magpie
    legal_magpie Posts: 1,194 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    This is clearly not a CEDR decision but an offer of settlement. The airline is attempting to confuse you.
  • NoviceAngel
    NoviceAngel Posts: 2,271 Forumite
    Options
    After reading that garbage from EasyJet I’ve somewhat changed my mind - they are trying to force you into settling for a lower amount (albeit £45)

I’d be inclined to let it go through the entire CEDR process to adjudication.

You’ve obviously got a valid claim otherwise they wouldn’t have offered to settle in the first place.

Go get em JP
    After reading PtL Vaubans Guide , please don't desert us, hang around and help others!

Hi, we’ve had to remove part of your signature. If you’re not sure why please read the forum rules or email the forum team if you’re still unsure - MSE ForumTeam
  • Tyzap
    Tyzap Posts: 2,112 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    FWIW, I agree with Legal Magpie.

£45 is £45, I thought you were a Yorkshire man!;)
    Please read Vaubans superb guide. To find it Google and then download 'vaubans guide'.
  • JPears
    Options
    This is clearly not a CEDR decision but an offer of settlement. The airline is attempting to confuse you.
    Unfortunately the CEDR process isn't entirely helpful either.
    As I've mentioned, I've no idea if when I respond, it is actually read and acted upon by anybody, let alone an adjudicator or simply passed straight back to easyJet.
    I think a suitably terse and succinct response might be in order ...😁

• Mancitykev
    Options
    Looking for advice on getting a response from easyjet. I emailed the EU261 which was acknowledged by Easyjet on 29/6/18, the usual e mail response, 14 days etc.
    On 10/8/18 I E-mailed to ask if there was any update, on 11/8/18 I received an identical e mail to the first one saying rec’d EU261 on 29/6/18, 14 days etc .
    Sent further requests for updates on 20th and 27/8/18, nothing.
    I then phoned the customer Service number, passed on to a section that deals with ‘outstanding resolutions over 45 days’ to wait an hour on hold before they answered, promised to phone back with update, nothing. Repeated this a week later and still nothing.

How can I get a response.!!!!!

My wife’s flight was from Geneva to London Luton and was cancelled because the crew had gone over hours and they could not man the flight.
  • JPears
    Options
    Welcome. This should be on the easyJet thread, not a new personal thread.
    Did you submit the claim using the website claim form?
    They may not accept a claim any other way. It's ridiculous but it's one way of putting people off, obfuscation and in your case just ignoring valid claims.

Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.5K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.4K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family
  • 248.1K Travel & Transport