Flight delay and cancellation compensation, Easyjet ONLY

Options

Comments

• jpsartre
    jpsartre Posts: 4,085 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    The way the Sturgeon ruling is worded, you are not entitled to delay compensation unless you actually arrive at your destination more than 3 hours late. You are only entitled to a refund if a flight is delayed more than 5 hours. So he may be out of luck.
  • Jude63
    Options
    Thank you for your reply. Would he be entitled to any refund on the original cost?
  • jpsartre
    jpsartre Posts: 4,085 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Under EU regulations, only if the delay was more than 5 hours. I don't know if easyJet's own rules allow for anything, he'll have to check the T&C.
  • Chrisabian
    Options
    Chrisabian wrote: »
    Very convenient. Every single claim checker says we're due, surely it's a bull***t reason? Worth sending the NBA in and testing their resolve? Not sure I could go to court myself, suffer from bad anxiety so wouldn't be good for me. If I don't get anywhere I might have to give it to Botts.

Had some good news this morning.

After going through Easyjet's bulls**t process, we decided to give our claim to Botts this time last month to avoid the potential hassle of going to court myself etc.

They emailed me this morning and the airline are paying out, 400 euro's each minus Bott's cut. Happy days!

All that rigmarole for something we were legally entitled to, it's so wrong.
  • JPears
    JPears Posts: 5,086 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    edited 18 October 2018 at 9:01AM
    Options
    Well done.
    Now complete the CAA survey AND send a letter of complaint to the CAA stating clearly how much it has cost you to receive compensation/expenses you are legally entitled to.
    If you're new. read The FAQ and Vauban's Guide

The alleged Ringleader.........
  • Lisajs
    Options
    Easy jet have told me that after my 3 hours 10 mins delay from Manchester to Mykonos that due to it being a passenger who wouldn't put seat belt on and then being returned into airport and had to wait for a new crew, that i cannot claim compensation? Does anyone know if this is correct?

'Our assessment of your claim
    To further explain what happened on the day and as you will be aware; the aircraft scheduled to operate this flight had to return to stand as a situation caused by some disruptive customers, who refused to abide by safety and security rules, had to be resolved to ensure the remaining customers and the crew were safe to continue. Ultimately, the crew were forced to disembark and a replacement crew were called from standby. We do take reasonable measures to avoid delays and cancellations to our flights by having replacement crews and spare aircraft available in our network. In the circumstances, as the safety of our customers and crew is a priority, a replacement crew were called out from home standby.'
  • JPears
    Options
    And is this what happened on YOUR flight?

• JPears
    Options
    CEDR update - there isn't one.
    The whole process is interminably slow.
    2 weeks after rejecting easyJet's disingenuous "offer", not a dickie bird from either easyJet, or an adjudicator that was supposed to have been appointed a week ago.
    I'll give it a few more weeks then off to small claims.

• JPears
    Options
    And today had a totally random email from EJ customer services with unnknown reference/case number asking for a response to a letter they sent 21 days ago (they didn''t. No mention is if this was in connection with the settled expenses claim or current compensation claim.
    What a complete shower of numpties.

• ps124
    ps124 Posts: 172 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    Hi All,

I'm looking to lodge a complaint to Easyjet in regards to an incident that myself and my family were involved in while checking in onto an outbound flight.

The flight was't cancelled or delayed, but me and my family had to go through a terrible ordeal and just about made it onto the flight with seconds to spare. My questions are as follows:

1. What's the best way to lodge a complaint? Reading some of the posts here, it seems like writing a letter to their head office seems like the best course of action.
    2. I want to ask for a refund/compensation of my outbound flight, plus the extras I paid for accompanying the flight. What are my chances? Reading some of the other stories about unsucessful attempts to claim for a flight cancellation or delay doesn't really fill me with confidence. (Some may think my ordeal doesn't compare considering I got on the flight in the end)

3. If it's still worth complaining, whats the best approach for this? Any tips or guidance from anyone who has had expereince in dealing with EasyJet?

Thanks.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.6K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.5K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family
  • 248.1K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure