Flight delay and cancellation compensation, Easyjet ONLY

Options

Comments

• fifeken
    fifeken Posts: 2,702 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    JPears wrote: »
    Off topic but somebody who uses easyjet may know (my first time)
    I got charged my flight in euros with additional charged by my bank, no option to pay in stirling, even though I was on the UK website. Is this becaue I'm flying France to Italy, no UK involvement?

Yes.

You can trick the site into charging you in Sterling by making your first flight ex-UK, adding the flights you actually want, then deleting the first one.
  • JPears
    JPears Posts: 5,086 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    OK I know for future. Bit irritated because it cost me an extra £6 on credit card as non sterling transaction. Could have used my euro credit card :(
    If you're new. read The FAQ and Vauban's Guide

The alleged Ringleader.........
  • nokandu
    nokandu Posts: 11 Forumite
    Mortgage-free Glee!
    Options
    GJP wrote: »
    Hi There. Can anyone help me? I have written to easyjet by recordeded delivery twice and have had no reply. I have emailed and phoned twice (telephone calls are to india) asking for the CEO address. Carolyn McCall but nobody seems to know!!! Does anyone have her address for I can write direct to her regarding flight compensation (6 hour delay from Nice in July 2012). Thanks for any help.

Report them to the CAA and tell them you want to know who will be dealing with the small claims court.Even when you get to the stage where they know your serious they will delay payment as long as possible.easyjet toldme that i was entitled to 800 Euros on the 14/04 they still haven't paid it as Finance wont authorise a payment without written evidence of the card number.If you tell them to send a cheque they are quoting 25 days to do that .Ive complained to the CAA againIf i'm not paid by friday small claims court beckons.
  • Vauban
    Vauban Posts: 4,736 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    nokandu wrote: »
    Report them to the CAA and tell them you want to know who will be dealing with the small claims court.Even when you get to the stage where they know your serious they will delay payment as long as possible.easyjet toldme that i was entitled to 800 Euros on the 14/04 they still haven't paid it as Finance wont authorise a payment without written evidence of the card number.If you tell them to send a cheque they are quoting 25 days to do that .Ive complained to the CAA againIf i'm not paid by friday small claims court beckons.

I'm not sure reporting them to the CAA is likely to have much impact. But as the post is two and a half years old, it's probably a moot point.
  • SkintyMcFlinty
    Options
    Hi there - Please could someone offer some guidance. My brother had an Easyjet flight cancelled as he and his family waited in the departure lounge. He sent the letter templates to Easyjet with no response. So he lodged a complaint via the CAA. They came back to him saying they'd been in touch with Easyjet who'd agreed he was entitled to compensation and they'd be in touch within 4 weeks to arrange. They didn't. He has chased since but to no avail. Where should he go from here? Back to the CAA?
    ALWAYS HAVE A PLAN B
    :D BSC #167 :D
  • Kathleen71
    Options
    Successful story. Our flight was delayed 3 hr 18 minutes from kos to Glasgow on 06/06/15, due to mechanical fault. I send the letter template from this site and just pasted it into easy jets contact form. I got a positive response within 4 days advising I was being awarded 400 euros for the 4 of my family. I was paid today 23/6/15 £1140 into my bank account. Really pleased re the outcome and full resolution in just over 2 weeks
  • Tyzap
    Tyzap Posts: 2,112 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Where should he go from here? Back to the CAA?

Yes he could do if they have already investigated his complaint. I'd contact EJ and give them a nudge, if that doesn't work he should follow the advice given in Vaubans great guide.
    Please read Vaubans superb guide. To find it Google and then download 'vaubans guide'.
  • JPears
    JPears Posts: 5,086 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    OK - here is an interesting potential conundrum.
    I've booked to fly Easyjet from Marseille to Rome Fiumicino 2nd August, returning 6th August. I have subsequently learnt that prior to my booking, there was a fire at Rome F. airport in May and some flights are being cancelled, on what would seem to be a random basis. Easyjet are only giving 48 hours notice, according to an email I received from them today, where they also claim flights are redirected to the other Rome airport (not ideal but not impossible. Having followed my lfight for the past 3 weeks, none have been diverted, they either flew or were cancelled. Now hopefully the situation maybe resolved in the next 3 weeks (but hey this is Italy so possibly not....)
    Given if that Easyjet were well aware of the problems at Rome when I made my booking BUT didn't make me aware of the potential issues when I booked does reg 261/2004 apply here for the 2 possible scenarios?
    1. if my flight is cancelled - that is the mini holiday scuppered with possible costs of car hire not completely covered by insurance.
    2. Rerouted (unlikely) to other Rome airport - my hire car will be waiting at Fimuncino. Are Easyjet responsible for organising/costs of transfer between airports?
    Unfortuantely I cannot get a response out of easyjet....
    If you're new. read The FAQ and Vauban's Guide

The alleged Ringleader.........
  • howticklediam
    Options
    JPears wrote: »
    OK - here is an interesting potential conundrum.
    I've booked to fly Easyjet from Marseille to Rome Fiumicino 2nd August, returning 6th August. I have subsequently learnt that prior to my booking, there was a fire at Rome F. airport in May and some flights are being cancelled, on what would seem to be a random basis. Easyjet are only giving 48 hours notice, according to an email I received from them today, where they also claim flights are redirected to the other Rome airport (not ideal but not impossible. Having followed my lfight for the past 3 weeks, none have been diverted, they either flew or were cancelled. Now hopefully the situation maybe resolved in the next 3 weeks (but hey this is Italy so possibly not....)
    Given if that Easyjet were well aware of the problems at Rome when I made my booking BUT didn't make me aware of the potential issues when I booked does reg 261/2004 apply here for the 2 possible scenarios?
    1. if my flight is cancelled - that is the mini holiday scuppered with possible costs of car hire not completely covered by insurance.
    2. Rerouted (unlikely) to other Rome airport - my hire car will be waiting at Fimuncino. Are Easyjet responsible for organising/costs of transfer between airports?
    Unfortuantely I cannot get a response out of easyjet....

Are other flights available?

It sounds like a case of mis-selling to me. Not describing product accurately. You could ask for a refund under distance selling regs as the product is not as described.

Travel companies are exempt from the distance selling regs in some circumstances because they can't always fill a seat if you just change you mind, but they still have to sell a product which exists or is as described, unless it's beyond their control. But they already knew, so it isn't beyond their control.

So you can ask for a full refund and get another flight, however, whether you have the time and can be bothered with the hassle is another matter.

I have no idea how 261 would apply in this scenario, I'll leave that to the experts :-)
  • BDDazza
    BDDazza Posts: 42 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    edited 18 July 2015 at 1:33PM
    Options
    Afternoon.

A few months ago I bought 2x return tickets from London to Jersey. On the return back I the aircraft developed a mechanical fault and we was unable to take off.

An emergency aircraft was arranged but arranged by Easy Jet which took off almost 4 hours after the original flight.

On the 26th of June I sent Easy Jet an email explaining the situation so we could arrange compensation. I did this through the contact form on their website. Unfortunately I have not received a reply. I have since sent two more emails threatening to take legal action and still radio silence.

How should I proceed from here?
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.5K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.4K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family
  • 248.1K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure