Flight delay and cancellation compensation, Easyjet ONLY

Options

Comments

• Dr_Watson
    Options
    .....free from clutter...
    Successfully sued Ryanair in 2013/14...and have been 'helping' litigants since then.

Current known score:-
    Dr Watson 35 - 0 Ryanair / Ince and Co

Go to post 622 on the Ryanair thread to read how to sue them safely.
  • OK983
    Options
    Last year alone I booked 100 flights with Easyjet, and this is what you get in return?

I made two group bookings last year, for the first week of March this year. During the booking process, your collaborator told me that about three weeks before the flight, I would get an email with a spreadsheet attached, to be filled with passengers names and details. As this had been the procedure in the past, I expected the spreadsheet to be on my email account by today. But it wasn’t. So I contacted your services and I was told I would get an email with the requested spreadsheets ‘in a while’.
    I got an email indeed, but as an attachment, I found a random spreadsheet, with no names, no reference numbers, no identification. When I called to confirm why I had only gotten one and why there were no details on the files, my call was unanswered. As this happened for the next three times I called, and it was still 4.30pm, I started trying other departments. I was told to call group bookings about five times, before I manage to finally explain I already had the group bookings number but no one was there to reply! I had to ask for a supervisor who would help me and understand that as much as you give a costumer a phone number, it doesn’t really help them if there's nobody there to pick up the phone.

I kept hearing I was calling 'out of office hours' even tough the voicemail message clearly says otherwise, (8am to 8pm) and the email I got from Easyjet also stated differently (8am to 5.30pm).

I had to call 4 different numbers, speak in three different languages, to five different people and wait for 52 minutes to get a hold of a supervisor who, as thoughtful as he was, could not help me.

On Friday at 11pm we still didn’t have an answer from Easyjet so we could only send an email. We have a problem, caused by the lack of attention to detail, no solution and apparently none of your collaborators or supervisors can solve it for me. OK Estudante is a good client, and we had hoped to keep doing business with your airline. But as you may understand, not if we’re ignored this way.

I spoke to Pedro and Melson Saldaha. I can not recall he supervisors name, but as he said he would report this situation, he shouldn’t be to hard to find. We were told to be contacted over the weekend, but have not heared anything back until now. I would also appreciate an answer in writing, to this email account. I would like to have this situation solved as soon as possible, as I have 40 passengers awaiting information. Those are students who want to visit their future universities! You are stopping them, they are eager to learn, broaden their horizons and care for education!
  • NoviceAngel
    NoviceAngel Posts: 2,271 Forumite
    Options
    OK983 wrote: »
    Last year alone I booked 100 flights with Easyjet, and this is what you get in return?

I made two group bookings last year, for the first week of March this year. During the booking process, your collaborator told me that about three weeks before the flight, I would get an email with a spreadsheet attached, to be filled with passengers names and details. As this had been the procedure in the past, I expected the spreadsheet to be on my email account by today. But it wasn’t. So I contacted your services and I was told I would get an email with the requested spreadsheets ‘in a while’.
    I got an email indeed, but as an attachment, I found a random spreadsheet, with no names, no reference numbers, no identification. When I called to confirm why I had only gotten one and why there were no details on the files, my call was unanswered. As this happened for the next three times I called, and it was still 4.30pm, I started trying other departments. I was told to call group bookings about five times, before I manage to finally explain I already had the group bookings number but no one was there to reply! I had to ask for a supervisor who would help me and understand that as much as you give a costumer a phone number, it doesn’t really help them if there's nobody there to pick up the phone.

I kept hearing I was calling 'out of office hours' even tough the voicemail message clearly says otherwise, (8am to 8pm) and the email I got from Easyjet also stated differently (8am to 5.30pm).

I had to call 4 different numbers, speak in three different languages, to five different people and wait for 52 minutes to get a hold of a supervisor who, as thoughtful as he was, could not help me.

On Friday at 11pm we still didn’t have an answer from Easyjet so we could only send an email. We have a problem, caused by the lack of attention to detail, no solution and apparently none of your collaborators or supervisors can solve it for me. OK *******. is a good client, and we had hoped to keep doing business with your airline. But as you may understand, not if we’re ignored this way.

I spoke to ******* and ********* I can not recall he supervisors name, but as he said he would report this situation, he shouldn’t be to hard to find. We were told to be contacted over the weekend, but have not heared anything back until now. I would also appreciate an answer in writing, to this email account. I would like to have this situation solved as soon as possible, as I have 40 passengers awaiting information. Those are students who want to visit their future universities! You are stopping them, they are eager to learn, broaden their horizons and care for education!

Firstly, I would edit your post and remove any identifying names of your business and the employees of EasyJet, you have to remember, however hopeless you feel they have been, they are still employees doing their job!

Secondly this is a flight delay forum, so although interesting to read, I'm not sure what advice you seek or require, you certainly won't get a response from EasyJet themselves on this forum.

Cheers,

NoviceAngel
    After reading PtL Vaubans Guide , please don't desert us, hang around and help others!

Hi, we’ve had to remove part of your signature. If you’re not sure why please read the forum rules or email the forum team if you’re still unsure - MSE ForumTeam
  • siananigans
    Options
    Hello, I'm just wondering if anyone has had the same experience as me with their Easyjet compensation claim…

I received an email from customer service to say I am entitled to 800 euro compensation and to phone them to process. I have called twice, the first time I was told that I had to have the compensation paid to the card I made the original booking with, bearing in mind the original booking was made 3 years ago I don't have this card any longer. I was then asked to email the last 4 digits of the card I wish to be paid and then phone back to make the payment.

I did this, then called for a second time and was told by the customer service dept. that they still needed to look into if I was eligible for compensation as they hadn't received the disruption report for my flight – the original email I received stated that this report had been received. I now have to wait 48 hours for them to look into it.

It feels to me like they are stalling. Anyone else having this trouble?

Thanks!
  • NoviceAngel
    NoviceAngel Posts: 2,271 Forumite
    Options

It feels to me like they are stalling. Anyone else having this trouble?

Thanks!

Maybe, the time limit for claims is 6 years, only 5 Scotland, if you haven't read Vaubans guide do that and consider issuing a NBA letter.

Cheers,

NoviceAngel
    After reading PtL Vaubans Guide , please don't desert us, hang around and help others!

Hi, we’ve had to remove part of your signature. If you’re not sure why please read the forum rules or email the forum team if you’re still unsure - MSE ForumTeam
  • afoggo131
    Options
    andydan wrote: »
    RESULT! RESULT! :beer:
    A call yesterday evening from easyjet after an email received saying my claim was with their legal team.
    They are now paying out on my claim 400euro/full paying passenger. Have received another email with a consent form requesting all names and signatures of passengers along with last 4 digits of a card which they will call me to confirm as security and forward the compensation.
    My final letter highlighted the recent Uk Supreme Court ruling and emphasised the aircraft involved was irrelevant when they claimed extra ordinary circumstances for a pump fault.
    SO DONT GIVE UP ! :money:
    Can you contact me......we were also on this flight from Palma to Edinburgh and endured the 15 hour delay.

cheers
  • susiebabe46
    Options
    Thanks to this site I've just had compensation for a flight that landed well over 4 hours late in Slovenia in May 2012. I used the template letter (although I don't think it was read) there was no quibbling and the customer services at easyjet sorted it out within days. Excellent result!
  • BertHill
    Options
    I'm a newby to this forum but having read the FAQs and Vauban's guide, I cannot find any advice of this specific issue.

We were delayed last June by over 3 hours for a flight from Barcelona to (London) Southend. Due to comitments where we had to get home that day, we accepted a re-routing to (London) Luton. From corespondance so far, Easyjet do not appear to be contesting the €250 pp, but are contesting the additional expense we incurred travelling back to Southend. "
    Our finance team have left notes stating that the EC compensation is in place to cover any additional expenses. As a result this covers the car hire you had to pay. Unfortunately this is the final outcome and we cannot pay your car hire.
    ". To me Articles 7 and 8 are clear and any compensation legislated in one does not detract from compensation legislated in the other. Am I correct, or should I deduct the cost of transferring from the €250?

Thanks
  • JPears
    JPears Posts: 5,086 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    Berthill - the regulation is quite clear - as well as the compo, Easyjet are responsible for getting you to your original destination, or covering the costs if they fail to do that.
    If you're new. read The FAQ and Vauban's Guide

The alleged Ringleader.........
  • Vauban
    Vauban Posts: 4,736 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    BertHill wrote: »
    I'm a newby to this forum but having read the FAQs and Vauban's guide, I cannot find any advice of this specific issue.

We were delayed last June by over 3 hours for a flight from Barcelona to (London) Southend. Due to comitments where we had to get home that day, we accepted a re-routing to (London) Luton. From corespondance so far, Easyjet do not appear to be contesting the €250 pp, but are contesting the additional expense we incurred travelling back to Southend. "
    Our finance team have left notes stating that the EC compensation is in place to cover any additional expenses. As a result this covers the car hire you had to pay. Unfortunately this is the final outcome and we cannot pay your car hire.

". To me Articles 7 and 8 are clear and any compensation legislated in one does not detract from compensation legislated in the other. Am I correct, or should I deduct the cost of transferring from the €250?

Thanks

I agree. The Regulation is clear.
    Article VIII 3. When, in the case where a town, city or region is served by several airports, an operating air carrier offers a passenger a flight to an airport alternative to that for which the booking was made, the operating air carrier shall bear the cost of transferring the passenger from that alternative airport either to that for which the booking was made, or to another close-by destination agreed with the passenger.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.6K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.8K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback