Flight delay and cancellation compensation, Easyjet ONLY

Options

Comments

• andrew09
    Options
    Thanks Vauban for your quick reply - that's a shame.
  • Tyzap
    Tyzap Posts: 2,112 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    No successful claims going back over 6 years that I have heard about.

After that period claims are not enforceable, it would be up to the goodwill of the airline involved.

I think it's a case of 'don't ask, don't get' so give it a try and let us know how you get on. But don't keep your fingers crossed!

Good luck.
    Please read Vaubans superb guide. To find it Google and then download 'vaubans guide'.
  • andrew09
    Options
    Tyzap,

Easyjet replied yesterday to say that as the flight was over 6 years ago, they did not accept my claim...

I just wondered if there was any way to challenge them on this - I understand the 6 years limit for taking them court, so it would be down to goodwill. I had a small amount of hope based on Martin's guide referring to flights from 2005, but, as Vauban says this is inaccurate, I think I'll give up.

Appreciate the replies
  • Mark2spark
    Mark2spark Posts: 2,306 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    andrew09 wrote: »
    Tyzap,

Easyjet replied yesterday to say that as the flight was over 6 years ago, they did not accept my claim...

I just wondered if there was any way to challenge them on this - I understand the 6 years limit for taking them court, so it would be down to goodwill. I had a small amount of hope based on Martin's guide referring to flights from 2005, but, as Vauban says this is inaccurate, I think I'll give up.

Appreciate the replies

It's actually not innaccurate, (although it is definitely misleading) but it's more like Tyzaps reply, in as much that in England the statute of limitations means you can't issue a court claim - to enforce - after 6 years have passed. It's 5 years in Scotland.
    However, it's TEN YEARS in Spain, so potentially, if your (delayed) flight was from a Spanish airport, and you can go to the trouble of submitting a claim in a Spanish Court (which would need to be written in Spanish as well), then, potentially, you could still have a claim.

So, in England, the airlines can just ignore you and your claim, as it's not enforceable.
  • HAGGIS32
    Options
    Easyjet have been dealing with my claim for quite a while now. I chase them on a weekly basis and their reply is usually "we are still awaiting a response as to why your flight was delayed. I have escalated this to such and such a department". Last week's reply was being escalated to a supervisor! How much longer should I put up with these replies before contacting CAA? Thanks in advance
  • Mark2spark
    Mark2spark Posts: 2,306 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Why are you thinking of contacting the CAA? What good will they do?

Give them notice and go to court... only you can tell when 'quite a while' is too long... ;)
  • Dr_Watson
    Dr_Watson Posts: 451 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    Group Bumping
    Successfully sued Ryanair in 2013/14...and have been 'helping' litigants since then.

Current known score:-
    Dr Watson 35 - 0 Ryanair / Ince and Co

Go to post 622 on the Ryanair thread to read how to sue them safely.
  • NoviceAngel
    NoviceAngel Posts: 2,271 Forumite
    Options
    and again back to page 1
    After reading PtL Vaubans Guide , please don't desert us, hang around and help others!

Hi, we’ve had to remove part of your signature. If you’re not sure why please read the forum rules or email the forum team if you’re still unsure - MSE ForumTeam
  • datlex
    datlex Posts: 2,239 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    I put a claim into Easy jet within the 6 years rule, which they initially rejected due to it being technical problems. I refused to accept that decision, and have kept chasing especially in light of the ruling that only exceptional technical faults were not their fault. They now reckon they won't pay because the 6 years are up. this is despite my having put in the claim prior to the 6 years. Am escalating the claim to the civil aviation authority.
    Paid off the last of my unsecured debts in 2016. Then saved up and bought a property. Current aim is to pay off my mortgage as early as possible. Currently over paying every month. Mortgage due to be paid off in 2036 hoping to get it paid off much earlier. Set up my own bespoke spreadsheet to manage my money.
  • NoviceAngel
    NoviceAngel Posts: 2,271 Forumite
    Options
    datlex wrote: »
    I put a claim into Easy jet within the 6 years rule, which they initially rejected due to it being technical problems. I refused to accept that decision, and have kept chasing especially in light of the ruling that only exceptional technical faults were not their fault. They now reckon they won't pay because the 6 years are up. this is despite my having put in the claim prior to the 6 years. Am escalating the claim to the civil aviation authority.

Don't waste your time on the CAA.

When you say, put in a claim, I assume you don't mean any form of legal action, and if my assumptions are correct then I'm afraid EasyJet are absolutely correct on this one..

Sorry

NoviceAngel
    After reading PtL Vaubans Guide , please don't desert us, hang around and help others!

Hi, we’ve had to remove part of your signature. If you’re not sure why please read the forum rules or email the forum team if you’re still unsure - MSE ForumTeam
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.5K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.4K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family
  • 248.1K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback