Flight delay and cancellation compensation, Easyjet ONLY

Options

Comments

• Caz3121
    Caz3121 Posts: 15,546 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    In your letter you have stated that you were denied boarding on 11 October. However, on checking your booking EN7M76W; I do not see a flight dated 11 October. So, I request you to send us the complete flight details as to the route of the flight and the correct flight date. So that we can investigate this further.
    Caz3121 wrote: »
    I think you have misunderstood "involuntary denied boarding" this applies where you have a confirmed booking for a flight, the flight operates but you are not permitted to travel eg in the case of overbooking and all seats taken so the flight departs but without you on board
    You cannot be denied boarding on a cancelled flight, you are claiming EU compensation for a cancelled flight, denied boarding has not occurred here

this probably clears up this statement. He was not denied boarding, the flight was cancelled. He took the risk of not taking insurance (which would have probably cost him under £10)
  • Delboy19
    Options
    I've received a reply to my claim within 2 days of sending and Easyjet are agreeing to pay! E mail received stating they will refund onto card paid with if I reply with last 4 digits of card. Tbh I was astounded as i expected to be in it for the long haul (pardon the pun).
  • JPears
    JPears Posts: 5,086 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    Well done Delboy

Bumped to the top for those incapable of reading/taking notice of sticky or desperate to start ANOTHER new thread.
    If you're new. read The FAQ and Vauban's Guide

The alleged Ringleader.........
  • dieg86
    dieg86 Posts: 1 Newbie
    edited 30 October 2014 at 4:56PM
    Options
    Hello everyone.
    On December 15, 2013, I had a delay (6 hours and 20 minutes) from CPH to MXP.
    EasyJet denied me the 250 euro compensations.
    I also contacted them with a no-profit italian association, and they repeated that the delay was caused by "exceptional causes".
    Then I have involved Danish Transport Authority, that, on October 10, 2014, decided that EasyJet will have to pay me in 4 weeks. They contacted me via email adding also customer.service@easyjet.com and claims@easyjet.com (in carbon-copy).
    DTA also said this:
    If dieg86 has not received compensation from easyjet within 4

weeks from today dieg86 can inform The Danish Transport Authori-
    ty hereof.

The Danish Transport Authority will hereafter ask the Prosecution to start

proceedings against the airline, pleading a fine to be imposed on easyJet

for lack of observance of our decision unless easyJet has informed the

Danish Transport Authority that the case has been brought before the

civilian courts.

So, will be 4 weeks in December 7. There's any chance they will pay me, as they have not answered at all?
    Thanks.
  • lfc84
    lfc84 Posts: 336 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    My stayed claim has been processed, just waiting for the money to reach my account now
  • raddy59
    raddy59 Posts: 322 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    I had a stay email on 15th october. The email said EJ were awaiting a court decision in mid 2015? Does the news on 31st October mean this is not the case (I was waiting for the outcome of the Jet2)
  • Vauban
    Vauban Posts: 4,736 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    No - I imagine EJ were hoping the Supreme Court would agree to hear the case (if they had, that wd have been in 2015). So your claim is now clear to proceed. Write to the airline accordingly!
  • Caz3121
    Caz3121 Posts: 15,546 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    bumping above the incorrectly opened new threads
  • chooka
    chooka Posts: 21 Forumite
    Options
    Hi There,

Was on a flight from Madrid to Gatwick on 29th September. Was delayed for 4h30 minutes.

I was told that the delay was due to "Bad weather at Montpelier airport." This was where our plane was located. Both Madrid and Gatwick were fine in terms of weather.

Contacted easyjet and complained. They have said that "Due to bad weather, you are not able to make a claim"

Is this right?
    My take off place, flight route, and arrival place had not bad weather. But because of bad weather somewhere else in Europe, i dont have a claim?

I have tried solo to take this up, but is it worth taking this to a " No win, no fee " company?

I have the details of a Spanish company and of a UK based one. The Spanish based company cost is lower. (25% if total winnings)

Is this still worth fighting solo or should i get them in to look in to it?

Thanks
  • gleavesy
    Options
    hi,

I contacted easy jet about a claim, was told this would be put on hold pending the result of an existing court case appeal.

However after the reply i decided to go with a claim company knowing i'd be losing a % of the compensation.

In the last few days easy jet has contact me directly to say the court has refused to hear the above appeal court case and they will now be paying out my claim which will take around 8 weeks.

So my question is, where do i stand with the claim company as it seems this is being dealt with directly by easy jet and myself. I know i've a signed a contract but am unsure of my position, any advice would be greatly appreciated.

thanks
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.4K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.2K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure