Options

Comments

• Vauban
    Vauban Posts: 4,736 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    raddy59 wrote: »
    If you could relay their advice I would be very grateful

You don't need solicitors' advice on what to do next. Just make an informed choice after reading the guide to claiming compensation (there's a link on the sticky). And if this is either too complex or too much effort to get your head around (it shouldn't be) then engage a NWNF firm like Bott.
  • InsideInsurance
    Options
    David_e wrote: »
    Yes, I would have thought it does.

Ok, wasnt sure if it would as

A) The technical fault wasnt on our flight nor even the preceding flight but the one before that

B) We were told that it HAD to be fixed but when they inspected it in Greece and found the new part wasnt working they simply turned it off rather than trying to repair it or replace it again. The pilot had said the part wasnt needed but was legally required to be working, didnt explain how we were able to fly back with it turned off.

C) A significant proportion of the delay was caused by their inspecting the newly installed part and then turning it off rather than actually fitting the new part for the preceding flight

D) The crew was switched, we were never given an explanation of why this was done nor if this in any way contributed to the delays
  • petebates26
    Options
    Hi all,

I had a claim rejected from a flight in Jan 2014. Technical problem.

I haven't contacted easyjet for some time, but they are aware that I want to keep the claim in hold pending the supreme court ruling.

In the meantime, I've had a couple of confirmation emails (telling me to check in for the flight last january!), as if someone at easyjet is looking at my booking and it's creating an automatic confirmation email - has anyone else had this?
  • comeandgo
    comeandgo Posts: 5,744 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    Easyjet have paid us 800 euros for delayed flight on 13th sep Palma to Edinburgh with no fuss or bother.
  • wakemansof8
    Options
    Hi T Bird. My son has been contacted via Easyjet & has been told that they are swamped by claims and they will get back to them. Doesn't help you or my son who have shelled out good money (In his case everythinghe has saved up) & now have to sit on our heels while Easyjet think of a way to wriggle out of this! My son also confirmed your account of the verbal compensation that was offered by the Easyjet representative after waiting for many (many) hours in an empty Gatwick airport. We are applying more pressure this week and will keep you updated.
  • Caz3121
    Caz3121 Posts: 15,546 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    TBIRD wrote: »
    I'm taking it up with the CAA because there was no adverse weather over Gatwick the day of our flight. Easyjet's classification is a blatant lie used as a blanket answer to shirk their responsibilities to passengers for compensation. It's passive intimidation and I'm not having any of it.

If there was not weather problems, there was something else going on as there were a significant number of delays and cancellations around the same time period. Of the 82 flights scheduled between 6pm-9pm only 13 left within 30 mins of their scheduled time with 5 flights being cancelled and 20 flights delayed over one hour (including 4 that delayed over 4 hours)
  • wakemansof8
    Options
    Hi TBird & Everyone else in this link.
    My son received this email from Easyjet as of today:
    Dear Mr Wakeman

Firstly I would like to apologise for the delay in responding to your e-mail. We have recently received a large number of e-mails which has affected our response time.

I am sorry that your recent flight with us was cancelled. I have checked the flight report updated by disruption support team and can confirm that your flight EZY8327 to Paris Charles de Gaulle was cancelled due to the difficult weather conditions at London Gatwick. Ye, it affected the crew hours. However, as stated in the report the real cause of this cancellation was the adverse weather conditions which affected the schedule of the aircraft. I also see that the cost of your unused flights have been refunded to you. This cancellation being a disruption caused by difficult weather conditions was not within our direct control. Therefore,, we are unable to offer you any compensation in this case.

In your letter you have stated that you were denied boarding on 11 October. However, on checking your booking EN7M76W; I do not see a flight dated 11 October. So, I request you to send us the complete flight details as to the route of the flight and the correct flight date. So that we can investigate this further.

Your case is being dealt under the case id is 100349514.

Yours sincerely

Mahesh Nar
    easyJet Customer Services

Any suggestions how I can help him get compensation to cover his hotel expenses? As previously emailed this weekend cost him everything he'd saved up for & as he didnt do travel insurance he is now down 330 euros on the deal. Not good on an apprentices wage :(
  • wakemansof8
    Options
    Should add as of this moment, we can not see any refund in my sons account!
  • Vauban
    Vauban Posts: 4,736 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Any suggestions how I can help him get compensation to cover his hotel expenses? As previously emailed this weekend cost him everything he'd saved up for & as he didnt do travel insurance he is now down 330 euros on the deal. Not good on an apprentices wage :(

The airline is not responsible for the money your son lost with a non-refundable hotel - or any other "consequential losses". If he didn't buy travel insurance, he took on all that risk himself.
  • comeandgo
    comeandgo Posts: 5,744 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    Easy jet will ask for the last four numbers of the card used to pay the flights to put the payment on so if they have not asked then don't expect any monies yet.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.4K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.2K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback