Flight delay and cancellation compensation, Jet2.com ONLY

Options

Comments

• NoviceAngel
    NoviceAngel Posts: 2,271 Forumite
    edited 7 June 2018 at 2:30AM
    Options
    Blimey, I thought I was on their mailing list but not had anything for the last couple of months, I think they’ve removed me :eek:
    After reading PtL Vaubans Guide , please don't desert us, hang around and help others!

Hi, we’ve had to remove part of your signature. If you’re not sure why please read the forum rules or email the forum team if you’re still unsure - MSE ForumTeam
  • PomBear
    PomBear Posts: 172 Forumite
    edited 6 June 2018 at 11:06PM
    Options
    I have very mixed feelings about this. We did two Jet2 holidays last year. Second one, the resort was phenomenal but can be booked through so many other operators (Sani Beach).

Jet2 forgot to arrange our transfer from resort. We were chasing at midnight the night before transfer. Then, they said we had to get a taxi to a liquor store to meet the bus. It was a 5* resort. It was obvious they had forgotten. We were not happy with this, and so they said the only option was to charge us for private transfer. We paid as we were travelling with two young children. That was the one with which we suffered the 19 hour delay.

First holiday (Fuerteventura), we booked because it had a kids!!!8217; club. I know Jet2 don!!!8217;t operate their own, but the kids club was absolutely awful we couldn!!!8217;t use it - they had not done their homework re child safety. Also, we got downgraded a room (level of room we!!!8217;d booked was being upgraded) and they, or hotel, hoped we hadn!!!8217;t noticed . Both sides blamed each other. Hotel told us they had informed Jet2, Jet2 denied this. Rather than offer a refund, Jet2 to offere to increase us to All Inclusive plus (no benefit to us as it was all based around drinking branded spirits). Eventually - after lots of phone arguments - they agreed to refund the extra cost of the room.

OK, OT, I know - but having forked out a lot on holidays with them last year, I haven!!!8217;t had a great experience in terms of customer service.
  • PomBear
    Options
    Blimey, I thought I was on their mailing list but had anything for the last couple of months, I think they’ve removed me :eek:

I suspect I am next on their black list, NoviceAngel. We’re in an elite club! :beer:
  • JPears
    JPears Posts: 5,086 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    You wonder how they got the Which? high rating. Obviously they hadn't heard your stories.
    If you're new. read The FAQ and Vauban's Guide

The alleged Ringleader.........
  • PomBear
    Options
    :j:j:jSo for those of you who have been following my case, Jet2 settled in full:j:j:j

I waited until the money was in my account before I posted. However, the offer of settlement was made last Monday (once they had received my witness statement and bundle), and I accepted it when they agreed to concede confidentiality.

Of course there is no admission of liability etc.

But I'm really pleased! Thank you to all on here who encouraged me and supported me to 'go it alone'. And to those of you who have answered my many questions. I am incredibly grateful.

I quite like this forum, so I think I'll continue to hang around and help out where I can!
  • legal_magpie
    legal_magpie Posts: 1,194 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Well done. Shame it had to go so far but persistence pays
  • Tyzap
    Tyzap Posts: 2,112 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Well Done PomBear,:j

You showed the determination and tenacity that is required to take on an airline. The path can be difficult and time consuming but it's worth it in the end when you get a great result like this :beer:
    Please read Vaubans superb guide. To find it Google and then download 'vaubans guide'.
  • PomBear
    Options
    Yes, I agree. The witness statement and bundle took a significant number of hours to prepare.
  • PomBear
    Options
    Yes, it feels incredibly satisfying. :beer:
  • JPears
    JPears Posts: 5,086 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    Well done Pombear. Determination is the name of the game with all the airlines but especially Jet2.
    Presumably all the other cases that were due to be herd this week were settled out of court too?
    Once again an airline appears think that the regulations are, somehow, different for them? What a bunch of obstinate numpties.

I hope everyone one concerns makes a strong complaint to the CAA for the airline's continued procrastination, misinformation and obfuscation for valid claims.
    If you're new. read The FAQ and Vauban's Guide

The alleged Ringleader.........
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.6K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.5K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family
  • 248.1K Travel & Transport