Flight delay and cancellation compensation, Jet2.com ONLY

Options

Comments

• Tyzap
    Tyzap Posts: 2,112 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Hi PomBear,

If you just use the 'quick reply' box for your message and then click Go Advanced, you'll find you're message is as you typed it.:)
    Please read Vaubans superb guide. To find it Google and then download 'vaubans guide'.
  • PomBear
    PomBear Posts: 172 Forumite
    Options
    Thanks Tyzap! This time I am posting from the desktop, so hopefully won't experience the technical difficulties ('inherent in the operation' of the MSE forum), that I have previously had with apostrophes.

So, I am in the process of constructing my witness statement. Gosh, this is tough! It all seems very real now. I've had to pour myself a glass of wine!
  • Vauban
    Vauban Posts: 4,736 Forumite
    Options
    PomBear wrote: »
    Thanks Tyzap! This time I am posting from the desktop, so hopefully won't experience the technical difficulties ('inherent in the operation' of the MSE forum), that I have previously had with apostrophes.

So, I am in the process of constructing my witness statement. Gosh, this is tough! It all seems very real now. I've had to pour myself a glass of wine!

PomBear: I know right - it feels very weird: how can we possible take on professional lawyers in a real court? But the truth of the matter is that you have the law on your side - and with a bit of courage (and more wine) you can knuckle down and do this. The other side have nothing but theatre. So be brave and focus: nearly there.
  • legal_magpie
    legal_magpie Posts: 1,194 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Provided you prepare properly (preparation is 90% success of advocacy) you have a good chance. But it isn't easy and that's why the no win no fee solicitors are there and why they take a share of your winnings
  • NoviceAngel
    NoviceAngel Posts: 2,271 Forumite
    edited 28 May 2018 at 9:17PM
    Options
    Nothing to worry about what so ever !

NoviceAngel will be there to hold your hand...

Seriously though PomBears case is lumped into loads more that Botts are representing, so there's no need to stress or worry,

NoviceAngel

EDIT - Shall we meet in the wine bar - Before or After ?

ohhh heck we'll do both !
    After reading PtL Vaubans Guide , please don't desert us, hang around and help others!

Hi, we’ve had to remove part of your signature. If you’re not sure why please read the forum rules or email the forum team if you’re still unsure - MSE ForumTeam
  • PomBear
    Options
    Oh heck. You guys are amazing! Thank you for the support...

Vauban - you summed it up completely. I shall drink some more wine!

Legal magpie - absolutely - I have done a huge amount of prep, just slightly scared of the barrister on the other side. Been to court once (indirect sex discrimination). But I did have legal representation and my barrister destroyed my employer's arguments. Without the support of my brilliant solicitor and my amazing barrister, I am sure I would have lost. So I agree with you. I struggle to think quickly on my feet, and as a LiP, that's what scares me!

Novice - thank you so much! Glad you love wine as much as me. Should we be sensible though, and crack open the bottle after we win the case?! :beer: Apologies, no wine emoji that I can see! We shouldn't count those chickens...

And yet, I still feel scared!
  • Angel_Advisor
    Options
    Came back from Rome to Manchester on 22 May on Jet2 flight LS792. Flight delayed by approx 6 hours and 25 minutes.

Cause was that Rome airbridge operator had damaged aircraft door while putting airbridge into place for inbound flight. This couldn't be fixed so a new aircraft had to be flown over from UK.

The initially quoted delay was going to be 4 hours but I believe that French air traffic control strike that day meant it was ultimately longer. This point is not relevant to the claim although as an aside it was a bit cheeky to receive a text from Jet2 later that evening apologising for delay "due to the French air traffic control strike".

I haven't had a response yet to my claim but I am anticipating that they will argue it was totally outside their control and therefore an extraordinary circumstance. I'd be interested in readers' thoughts. Yes, it is outside their control but then so is a technical fault caused by a faulty component during flight. The purpose of the regulation is to compensate passengers for the inability of airlines to counter technical faults by having and deploying assets (eg standby aircraft) located nearby which could minimise delay. In this regard I am not sure what the difference is between an on-board technical fault and one caused in this way.

I too was on this flight. On leaving the flight the captain was by the door & I asked him about the text we had received. His reply was that it only applied to that particular flight and not the earlier flight. He said the French air traffic control was what caused us to sit on the flight for 1 hour 20 minutes before we took off.

I too am about to log a claim. Have you done yours directly with Jet2?
    :A Heaven sent MSE :A
  • Tyzap
    Tyzap Posts: 2,112 Forumite
    Options
    I too was on this flight. On leaving the flight the captain was by the door & I asked him about the text we had received. His reply was that it only applied to that particular flight and not the earlier flight. He said the French air traffic control was what caused us to sit on the flight for 1 hour 20 minutes before we took off.

I too am about to log a claim. Have you done yours directly with Jet2?

Hi Angel Advisor and ManchesterFlyer,

If the initial problem of damage to the aircraft caused a delayed arrival of 3 hours or more you are due compensation. Any additional time on top of that, caused by the strike etc etc, will not affect your right to compensation.

Good luck and please keep us up to date on proceedings.
    Please read Vaubans superb guide. To find it Google and then download 'vaubans guide'.
  • PomBear
    Options
    If it can be shown that Jet2 systematically and deliberately misinformed their passengers about their legal rights it is possible that Which might try to make a supercomplaint. This should be in addition to any complaint to the CAA who are already narked with Jet2 for refusing to sign up to ADR. Of course, with his background, they might have just singled out NoviceAngel as a troublemaker. !!!55357;!!!56832; (The numbers were supposed to be a smiley face)

I appear to be on Jet2’s marketing list (they appear to be ignoring GDPR too - or assuming implied consent). I have had no less than two emails in two days telling me they have won a Which? travel award. 2018 Travel brand of the year, no less. :rotfl:
  • legal_magpie
    legal_magpie Posts: 1,194 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    I'm on their mailing list too, but we have had two great holidays with Jet 2 this year and last year so perhaps I am lucky.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.5K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.4K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family
  • 248.1K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure