edited 13 October 2017 at 1:22PM in Flight Delay Compensation
3.7K replies 624.1K views
1369370371372373375»

Replies

• BogBobBogBob Forumite
    4 Posts
    Name Dropper First Post
    MoneySaving Newbie
    BogBob!!?? That was meant to be BigBob. That's what I get for choosing a username when I'm tired

Anyway, a bit more info. I started the whole process before finding this forum. I put in the ESCP claim, Ryanair responded, and now it's going to a hearing. If anyone ( @Vauban , @Dr_Watson ?) has any tips for the hearing itself it would be great to hear them!
  • BogBobBogBob Forumite
    4 Posts
    Name Dropper First Post
    MoneySaving Newbie
    Hm.. disappointed there doesn't seem to be much activity on this forum. But for anyone considering taking Ryanair to court, I would say go for it - I was awarded judgement against them yesterday, for the compensation plus court costs.

The next step is to make them pay, and a call to the Dublin Sheriff might be next!
  • CKhalvashiCKhalvashi Forumite
    10.2K Posts
    Tenth Anniversary 10,000 Posts Photogenic Name Dropper
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    BogBob said:
    Hm.. disappointed there doesn't seem to be much activity on this forum. But for anyone considering taking Ryanair to court, I would say go for it - I was awarded judgement against them yesterday, for the compensation plus court costs.

The next step is to make them pay, and a call to the Dublin Sheriff might be next!
    Congratulations! Apologies, I'd missed the original message, but had posted many of the questions you should have been asking yourself on the previous page, albeit in different circumstances.

In the case of a delay, there's generally very little the company the size of Ryanair can do to wriggle out of it as there are many avenues they would have to pursue to be able to do so.

They are known to pay court judgements, so you at least have this in your favour. If the judgement is in Euro, make sure you have a Wise (or similar) EUR account open for the money to be transferred to avoid giving the bank 7-8% (plus potentially a fee of up to £25-ish) of your judgement. You can then convert to Sterling at a much better rate either online or via the app.
    "I kada sanjamo san, nek bude hiljadu raznih boja" (L. Stamenkovic)

Please note: All posts on Coronavirus legislation refer to England unless specified otherwise.

I can spell, my iPad can't.
  • CKhalvashiCKhalvashi Forumite
    10.2K Posts
    Tenth Anniversary 10,000 Posts Photogenic Name Dropper
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Caromacx said:
    Hoping for some advice please. 

Due to return from Malaga to Prestwick on 30/9 at 9pm with RA. Yesterday (20/9) they sent notification of a reschedule, with the new time being 11.45am on 4/10. 

Have requested refund for return flights and booked alternative with EJ, travelling a day late and to a different airport. Mounting costs of airport transfers, extended car hire, airport parking etc. 

Will I be able to claim compensation from RA? I’ve already requested a refund, should I cancel the refund request? I’ve also applied on RA website for the EU261 compensation form. Should I do anything else? 

Any advice much appreciated. 
    Hello!

You should be able to request compensation (as long as there's not a rule change in either Spain or Scotland that's caused this, I don't believe there is) as you've been given less than 14 days notice, but likely won't be able to claim any 'extras'.

As your flight would have been operated by Ryanair DAC on an FR flight number with a flight of 2094km, you will be entitled to €400 per passenger.

Remember to open an EUR account online (I am personally a customer of Wise, other similar companies are available), as I believe Ryanair are a company to pay EC261 in Euro and you will likely lose 5-7% of this plus up to £25 by having the money paid to a UK bank.

The info you need is here.
    https://help.ryanair.com/hc/en-gb/articles/360017825538-EU-261-Passenger-Rights
    "I kada sanjamo san, nek bude hiljadu raznih boja" (L. Stamenkovic)

Please note: All posts on Coronavirus legislation refer to England unless specified otherwise.

I can spell, my iPad can't.