Flight delay and cancellation compensation, Ryanair ONLY

Options

Comments

• Caz3121
    Caz3121 Posts: 15,552 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    if it ended up in your junk/spam or never arrived would not be their issue - I would expect them to use these logs to confirm when notification was sent and the address it was sent to.
  • Stuart788
    Stuart788 Posts: 915 Forumite
    Options
    Caz3121 wrote: »
    if it ended up in your junk/spam or never arrived would not be their issue - I would expect them to use these logs to confirm when notification was sent and the address it was sent to.

This is why I want to check with other people who booked the same flight or find a website that displays flight schedule changes.
  • Tyzap
    Tyzap Posts: 2,112 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    That looks like a generic email to me, it does not seem to prove that it was sent to, or received by yourself.

I'm not technical enough to know for sure but should they have your IP address if they contacted you by email? that would be their proof.

According to the regulations the burden of proof is on them, they must prove you received the notice. Not the other way around.....

Article 5.
    4. The burden of proof concerning the questions as to whether and when the passenger has been informed of the cancellation of the flight shall rest with the operating air carrier.

I think they are on thin ice here.
    Please read Vaubans superb guide. To find it Google and then download 'vaubans guide'.
  • Stuart788
    Stuart788 Posts: 915 Forumite
    Options
    Tyzap wrote: »
    That looks like a generic email to me, it does not seem to prove that it was sent to, or received by yourself.

I'm not technical enough to know for sure but should they have your IP address if they contacted you by email? that would be their proof.

According to the regulations the burden of proof is on them, they must prove you received the notice. Not the other way around.....

Article 5.
    4. The burden of proof concerning the questions as to whether and when the passenger has been informed of the cancellation of the flight shall rest with the operating air carrier.

I think they are on thin ice here.

Thank you, that is very helpful.
  • tomscfc
    tomscfc Posts: 33 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    So AviationADR largely ruled in my favour and I have provided my bank details and was given a 30 day period for payment to be made.

This has since passed, about 48 days now, and I am yet to hear anything. Do I/Can I now escalate this through the courts? I've tried chasing this with AviationADR but they just don't get back to me.
    If you can be one thing today, be kind.
  • Tyzap
    Tyzap Posts: 2,112 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    tomscfc wrote: »
    So AviationADR largely ruled in my favour and I have provided my bank details and was given a 30 day period for payment to be made.

This has since passed, about 48 days now, and I am yet to hear anything. Do I/Can I now escalate this through the courts? I've tried chasing this with AviationADR but they just don't get back to me.

Hi Tom,

Using the courts against Ryanair is not without it's difficulties, you would have to use ESCP, not MCOL. See the following article from the CAA....

http://www.caa.co.uk/News/UK-Civil-Aviation-Authority-begins-enforcement-action-against-Ryanair/

It may be better to hang on for a bit longer or contact the CAA for an update and seek their advice.

If you do, please let us know the outcome.

Good luck.
    Please read Vaubans superb guide. To find it Google and then download 'vaubans guide'.
  • vinylpusher1
    vinylpusher1 Posts: 19 Forumite
    Options
    hello,

Today we were coming back from Tenerife and were delayed by 5 hours and 20 mins. After 3 hours i need to get home so booked a flight on Thomas Cook and paid for it.

I've received an E-mail from Ryan Air saying they will refund the original cost of the flight as it was over 2 hour delay.... Also they have sent an email with an attached PDF confirming the flight was delayed by 5 hours and 20 mins.

Whats the best way to approach this? Apply for the flight refund as they have agreed... then look to claim for compensation, which i believe is 400 euros per passenger using the resolver tool?

Can i do anything regarding the flight i booked through thomas cook?

Will i waive any of my rights to claim compensation if i get a refund on my flight?

Thanks.
  • Haz606
    Haz606 Posts: 4 Newbie
    edited 29 May 2019 at 2:01PM
    Options
    I was collecting a loved one from Stansted on Thursday and the flight was delayed by 3 hours, having been forced to initially land at Luton due to runway damage at Stansted.

I had parked in the free drop off car park, not expecting to be more than one hour (free) or maximum two hours (£2). On leaving the car park I found out that the 3rd hour costs £25, leaving me with a £27 charge for 3 hours of parking that I wouldn't have needed if the flight had been on time. The Stansted Airport and Ryanair customer service desks were both unhelpful (the former directing me to the latter, the latter to their website).

Wondered if I have any chance of a successful claim with either company and how to go about making this.

(I didn't use the Ryanair thread as this potentially involves pursuing Stansted Airport as well)

Thanks very much.
  • Caz3121
    Caz3121 Posts: 15,552 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    did the airport website not update the arrival time to show it was delayed / diverted. If you left home before knowing of the delay, what information was available regarding the arrival when you were in the terminal? (could you have left, gone somewhere for a coffee and returned later?)
  • Haz606
    Haz606 Posts: 4 Newbie
    Options
    Yeah I had a five hour drive to get there, and according to the internet the runway problems from the previous day had been sorted for well over 24 hours. The arrival screens just gradually delayed it by 30-45 minute increments so I wouldn't really have been able to leave the terminal anyway.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.6K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.5K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family
  • 248.1K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback