Flight delay and cancellation compensation, Ryanair ONLY

Options

Comments

• jpsartre
    jpsartre Posts: 4,085 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Claim EU compensation directly from your Ryanair. Claim the lost hotel accommodation from your travel insurance.
  • itsmeeagain
    itsmeeagain Posts: 18 Forumite
    First Post Combo Breaker First Anniversary
    Options
    My flight was cancelled while at the airport, no explantion and the usual ignorance of Ryanair staff, no support, no food, no hotels etc etc.

I claimed with Ryanair online for £250 and was refused due to

which was caused due to an unexpected technical fault resulting from a lightning strike, with the aircraft due to operate your flight.

What is the next step as I obviously do not believe them. The plane landed on time at the airport and everyone was queued ready to get on.

I know I can ask for evidence but is there any wording or templates to use
  • JPears
    JPears Posts: 5,086 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    hi meagain, have you downloaded and read Vauban's most superb guide?
    If you're new. read The FAQ and Vauban's Guide

The alleged Ringleader.........
  • Justice13075
    Justice13075 Posts: 2,008 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Put your flight details into bottonline and then euclaim and see what they say.
  • Justice13075
    Options
    You need to claim from the form on their site which they have sent you
  • ABARKIE
    ABARKIE Posts: 191 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Did they offer you rerouting? did you reroute yourself?

We were given a sheet of paper detailing our "rights", but no offer of rerouting

There were no flights until Sunday afternoon arriving evening and the event we were going to was on Sunday

An alternative flight with Easyjet the next day sold out by the time the papers were given out and going back through passport control

As a result i didnt fly as no reasonable routing

i don't understand how someone else on the same flight has been paid out but I and my 2 friends are not getting paid out and how i appeal against the Ryanair decision to decline compensation
  • Justice13075
    Options
    Looks like you will need to sue them using ECSP (european small claims procedure) downlaod Vaubans guidem and I think there is a link to Dr Watsons guide on how to use the procedure. It's not difficult.
  • Flyhigh
    Flyhigh Posts: 121 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    I've had a read through a few of the pages on this forum (but obvs not all 180 pages!) & not seen anything relating to this...

I've successfully used the MSE tool to get compensation from Ryanair after my flight a few weeks ago was delayed by over 3 hrs. They advised:

"We wish to confirm that a transfer for the sum of 346.56 GBP (equivalent to 400 EUR) has been authorised by Ryanair in full and final settlement of your claim under EU261. Please allow 10 working days for this amount to reach your account."

Only £291.35 has appeared in my account today though. Are there hidden charges that would reduce the amount... or have I been diddled?

Thanks in advance :)
    Thanks to all for posting
  • Justice13075
    Options
    Just to make sure, you didn't use a solicitor to claim on your behalf?
    If you did it all yourself you have mistakenly been underpaid. Give them a call first that's the easiest route. If they don't pay up you will need to send them a letter before action giving them 14 days to pay, if they still don't pay you will have to take them to court.
  • Flyhigh
    Flyhigh Posts: 121 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Thanks for the response. No I didn't use a solicitor... It was done via the Resolver tool accessed via MSE. I'll try contacting them via Resolver first - it's worked well up to now. At least I know it is worth contacting them about it.

Thanks again :)
    Thanks to all for posting
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.6K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.8K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.4K Travel & Transport