Forum Home» Overseas Holidays & Travel Planning» Flight Delay Compensation

Flight delay and cancellation compensation, BA ONLY - Page 260

New Post Advanced Search
Important update! We have recently reviewed and updated our Forum Rules and FAQs. Please take the time to familiarise yourself with the latest version.

Flight delay and cancellation compensation, BA ONLY

edited 30 June 2014 at 8:03AM in Flight Delay Compensation
2.6K replies 403.4K views
1254255256257258260»

Replies

• legal_magpielegal_magpie Forumite
    1.2K posts
    Tenth Anniversary 1,000 Posts
    ✭✭✭
    There are no compensation claims arising out of or connected to the Coronavirus pandemic. It is an extraordinary circumstance. It is difficult to suggest a cut off point but I suggest that the very latest would be 14th March which is the day on which planes en route to Spain turned back in midair. 
  • edited 20 April at 10:24AM
    nikkie70nikkie70 Forumite
    5 posts
    First Post
    MoneySaving Newbie
    edited 20 April at 10:24AM
    Hi I wouldn't mind people's opinion/advice on what I should do ,insurance say's  my flight was cancelled I have to go to BA

I had flight this year booked though BA  which we flew out on 1st march lon-doh-goi and return flights 22nd march mumbai to london had no trouble with the flights going out .
     on the 17th march got the email to say flight on 22nd march had been cancelled and  manage my booking said all i could do was cancel or refund which i didn't want to do or call up and get re-booked .

so from the 17th I rang all the numbers i could find one number put you in queue for 30 min and then hung up the other 2 would say about traveling in next 72 hour with how busy they are and hung up .

with no BA office in goa only Mumbai .I sent email to BA on the 19th  got reply on 30th saying they know it been a few weeks hope my problem got sorted ,tried Facebook and was told to go to twitter and so sent message didn't get reply till 25th
    I didn't know what to do so i phone my auntie who did work for a travel agent she said to bring my flight for goa to Mumbai forward and be there for 8pm so got that changed on 19th.
     on the 20th India said it was have a 3 day curfew from 21st and then on the night of the 21st PM modi shut everything down from 25th march till 14th April, shops flights road boarders everything was closed 

i phoned my auntie again was told to stay where i was .
    i manged to got hold of BA on the 25th they wanted me to take voucher or refund,
    i said no after 30 min on phone got flight for 4th April 4 hours later it's cancelled .
    so went on twitter and phoned  again  then on 30th got flight for 16th April but on 2nd April got cancelled again !!

in the mean time i went to fco . 
     on 8th April fco had a flight back to Stansted  at arriving 03.30am for £681 each
    we then had to get cab to Heathrow to pick up hire car to get back to Cornwall because uk was now in lockdown .

but not once has BA  been in touch to give me a different flight or option other then refund or cancel option at the end of every cancelled email even though my holiday ended on 17th march when my flight got cancelled
    I'm now home and still can't get hold of them on phone to talk about the booking 
     on 17th April mange my booking say's flight went (it didn't) and on 18th April booking is not on system when i log in.

could I please have peoples advice on what I should do as I have never had a problem with an airline before so any help would be welcome      thank you for reading 
  • legal_magpielegal_magpie Forumite
    1.2K posts
    ✭✭✭
    Have you never heard of sentences or paragraphs

• nikkie70nikkie70 Forumite
    5 posts
    First Post
    MoneySaving Newbie
    legal_magpie
    thanks for your help and advice.
    due to being a child from the 80's being deaf and dyslexic ,sentences and paragraphs are not my strong point. so with some help, i have corrected my post .
  • tocsintocsin Forumite
    185 posts
    Part of the Furniture 100 Posts Combo Breaker Name Dropper
    nikkie70,
    Thank you for taking the trouble to edit your post - I sincerely hope @legal_magpie will return to give some useful advice to a new poster.

I would suggest reading some of the efforts from others trying to get a refund from BA on the Covid-19 travel support section - https://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/categories/travel-chaos-help-info - there are some successes, often by phoning at the quieter times of day (just after the lines open, for instance).  Don't accept a voucher if you're unlikely to use one in the near future.

You may be able to claim any balance after the BA refund for extra costs from your travel insurance - though it may take persistence.

If you need to show the flight did not take place, a flight tracker like FR24 can be used.  I have an account, but would need the flight number or start and destination airports to get the details.  Hope that helps!
  • Important update! We have recently reviewed and updated our Forum Rules and FAQs. Please take the time to familiarise yourself with the latest version.
    5 posts
    First Post
    MoneySaving Newbie
    tocsin
    thank you for your help i will have a read. 
    do you think i should i post my problem over there for help .
    also my flight was BA0134 on the 22nd march Mumbai to heathrow 
    and the other cancelled flights BA198 on the 4th and 16th april 
    since i have been back  i have googled the BA0134  and i think that flight has been cancelled all the time from 2nd march 

i know that BA are going to use what's going on with the covid-19 but i think it has more to do with saving money this time 
    when i was in india saw ba say they grounded flight due to cost and i looked to see what BA flights had been cancelled and flying and the BA0134 was the only one cancelled 
     it was on the 16th India said no visitors from uk 
     the morning of 19th India said No scheduled international commercial passenger flight could land for a week from 22nd
    then on night of 19th  PM modi talked to India and put a 3 day curfew in place closed everything down  21st march 23.59 
    on the 22nd curfew went well and the whole of India went on lockdown 
    so i do think i'm going to have a fight on my hands with them 

• tocsintocsin Forumite
    185 posts
    Part of the Furniture 100 Posts Combo Breaker Name Dropper
    I couldn't find it on FR24, but FlightAware, another tracking site, shows the last BA134 flight on 29th March was cancelled, and the last one to fly was on the 19th:

Likewise for BA198, the last flight to go was on 22nd March:

Keep trying to call BA (can you use a loop or someone else to help?) - I managed to get through  this morning (after a couple of dozen attempts that were cut off) and the lady who dealt with my cancellation refund was really helpful.  (It's the BA top management that are not, the staff are doing their best).
    Good luck!
    5 posts
    First Post
    MoneySaving Newbie
    thank you  tocsin
     yes i argee due to the Covid-19 problem and things round the world happening so fast i think BA handled it badly if they just gave a number for people on holiday and different number for up and coming booking or let people change the flight online it may of helped a little for the staff and customers .
    and i think ba management owe the staff a lot for what the staff are doing , also hope shareholder help ba out i would not like to see the staff out of jobs with everything they have had to deal with over the last few months .
  • Justice13075Justice13075 Forumite
    2K posts
    ✭✭✭✭
    Have you tried to claim anything from BA yet? They owe you the return fare's plus they owe you a duty of care. They could have put you on the flight on the 8th April, they would have known about that flight, so you are due the £681 each as well. Also if you have the receipt for the taxi fare put that in as well. 
    5 posts
    First Post
    MoneySaving Newbie
    Justice13075  thank you for your help
    I spoke to women on phone  she did a refund and told me  to put claim in online so i done that  
    only problem im going to have is all the flight's were done on my dad credit card as the fco  had a link for people  to reg  on form add card details and then let you know when flight was 
     so it ended up being a party booking  to get us home  together and his card paid all the flights and so far not got the receipt from the fco or the company Cmt who did the repatriation flight.
     only got email to say i was reg and flight tickets so i don't think i'm going to have much luck with this claim but got to try