Flight delay and cancellation compensation, Tui/Thomson ONLY

Options

Comments

• Justice13075
    Options
    This question has already been answered by Westin and JPears
  • Cozza1963
    Options
    After some advice please forum members. Have an outstanding flight comp claim with TUI dating back to 2013 originally. Wrote back to them on 15th August 2018, sent recorded delivery, was signed for the next day. They have not even acknowledged this so I'd like to take further. Do I try and escalate within TUI or just just take them to court? Thank you.
  • Justice13075
    Justice13075 Posts: 2,008 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Download Vauban's guide from google and read. If you are sure you are due compensation on page 6 is a template letter copy it and send it to them. Also, put your flight details into bottonline and euclaim and see what they say
  • Coolbeans2010
    Options
    Hi After some help.

In June we had an 8 hour flight delay in Malaga.
    The flight left Bristol airport and when it got up in the air a crack in the windscreen was noticed. It had to land at Gatwick and a new plane needed to be sourced. They could only source a Dreamliner which needed a new pilot and crew. I used Resolver and TUI did not respond to my complaint, after following the escalation procedures I finally escalated to CEDR and TUI responded to say they have rejected my claim saying this was inflight damage and extraordinary circumstances. I have now been asked to submit comments back in response to this. I have read Vaubans guide but I am at a loss at what I should say? Thanks in anticipation.

• JPears
    JPears Posts: 5,086 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    As you will see from Vauban's own case, a cracked screen is not an EC, its inherent in the running/operation of and airline. You shouldn't have to get any more technical than that.
    If CEDR find against you you'll have to go legal.

Just repeat your claim but make it an NBA/LBA as per Vauban's guide.
    The onus is the airline to prove the delay was an EC, not for you to disprove their claim.
    Then start to prepare your paperwork for small claims, either MCOL or N1 paper form.
    Or hand over to a NWNF firm such as Botts. Have you put your flight details into an online checker such as Botts or EUClaim?
    If you're new. read The FAQ and Vauban's Guide

The alleged Ringleader.........
  • Coolbeans2010
    Coolbeans2010 Posts: 16 Forumite
    First Post Name Dropper First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    edited 4 October 2018 at 1:46PM
    Options
    thank you that is really helpful. I have put the details into the online checker with Botts.

CEDR are now pending adjudicator allocation.
  • joanne7
    Options
    Earlier this year my wife and I were delayed by a few hours on both outward and homeward journeys. Upon our return we claimed for the delays using the Resolver form. Initially we never got any replies, but this morning we got a cheque for £714 - RESULT: :T:j
    Hi we were also delayed on both the outbound & inbound flights to Crete by over 5 hours on our 5 day holiday with Tui in August. I immediately submitted a claim on 12.08.18 with all the booking info and boarding passses but heard nothing back despite chasing by email until a very brief letter arrived today. We have been awarded €400 euros each but should we be entitled for compensation for both flights? The letter does not state which flight the compensation is being awarded for and whether one flight claim has been rejected for some reason. We are really grateful to be getting the compensation within the next 28 days but should I be querying my claim further? Thanks
  • smartly
    smartly Posts: 98 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Simply, yes :)
  • Tyzap
    Tyzap Posts: 2,112 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    joanne7 wrote: »
    Hi we were also delayed on both the outbound & inbound flights to Crete by over 5 hours on our 5 day holiday with Tui in August. I immediately submitted a claim on 12.08.18 with all the booking info and boarding passses but heard nothing back despite chasing by email until a very brief letter arrived today. We have been awarded €400 euros each but should we be entitled for compensation for both flights? The letter does not state which flight the compensation is being awarded for and whether one flight claim has been rejected for some reason. We are really grateful to be getting the compensation within the next 28 days but should I be querying my claim further? Thanks

Most certainly.

To verify if you have two claims you could put your flight details into a couple of online flight check calculators such as Bott & Co.

If they confirm that you have two valid claims, you should get onto the airline again, if they still refuse ask them for a referral to CEDR

Good luck.
    Please read Vaubans superb guide. To find it Google and then download 'vaubans guide'.
  • GerrytheMole
    Options
    As detailed in my previous offerings my wife and I were awarded £714 (E400 x 2?) for being delayed both ways. It appears that TUI may possibly be being clever and hoping we will not carry on the claim for the return journey (another E400 x 2?). With one eye on the growing compensation culture my wife and I agreed not to pursue the claim for the return and feel that £714 is enough - and we have just used the money to have a week in Zante, with TUI. Cheers TUI
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.5K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.4K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family
  • 248.1K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback