🗳️ ELECTION 2024: THE MSE LEADERS' DEBATE Got a burning question you want us to ask the party leaders ahead of the general election? Submit your suggestions via this form or post them on our dedicated Forum board where you can see and upvote other users' questions. Please note that the Forum's rules on avoiding general political discussion still apply across all boards.

Flight delay and cancellation compensation, Tui/Thomson ONLY

Options

Comments

• DanceBiscuits83
    Options
    Thank you for responding - and sorry for posting in the wrong place. Will try to move the post now.
  • jmwillow
    jmwillow Posts: 17 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    My family and I were delayed approximately 7 hours on a flight from Manchester to Paphos on 15th June. Apparently our plane had been seconded to another flight and we had to wait for a replacement. I was advised to claim for the delay and checked MSE for advice. I then logged our claim using Resolver whilst waiting for the coach for our return flight on 22nd June. When I returned home and checked more comprehensively (not just on my phone) I was dismayed to read that it wasn't quite as straightforward as it seemed. I waited 4 weeks and didn't hear anything so I then logged the claim through the Thomson website. Two more weeks passed and this morning I checked the forums more thoroughly and prepared to step up to next level when lo and behold I have just received an email saying they have agreed to our claim and we will receive a cheque within the next 14 days. I am amazed and hopefully it will give others claiming a bit of hope.

:j:j:j:j:
  • jmwillow
    jmwillow Posts: 17 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    I'm now feeling a bit guilty that my claim was sorted fairly simply when others are having lots of problems

Sorry

:o
  • legal_magpie
    legal_magpie Posts: 1,194 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    No need to feel guilty. Hopefully this is a sign of better things to come.
  • gavvy
    gavvy Posts: 73 Forumite
    Options
    Need some advise

Sent off the court papers last week, not sure if they were processed but moneyclaim received them last Friday.

This morning I get an email saying Thomson will pay up the €600 each!

I think this has been sent before they have received the court papers, so what do I do? Ask the court to stop the process?
  • legal_magpie
    legal_magpie Posts: 1,194 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    MCOL claims are usually issued automatically on receipt. As you received the offer after the claim was issued you should press on otherwise you won't get your court fee back. The fact that Thomson hadn't received the court papers before making the offer is irrelevant.
  • JPears
    JPears Posts: 5,087 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    You now have Thomson over a barrel.
    Their refusal to compensate you previously has forced you to take this action. They have had plenty of warning and presumably you followed pre court protocol with an NBA/LBA?
    If so you now have every right to also seek your costs incurred so far in relation to your legal action.
    So don't inform court yet. Contact Thomson seeking the additional court costs you have paid, otherwise you will proceed with your legal action. Hopefully that will prompt them to pay without delay.
    If you're new. read The FAQ and Vauban's Guide

The alleged Ringleader.........
  • gavvy
    Options
    JPears wrote: »
    You now have Thomson over a barrel.
    Their refusal to compensate you previously has forced you to take this action. They have had plenty of warning and presumably you followed pre court protocol with an NBA/LBA?
    If so you now have every right to also seek your costs incurred so far in relation to your legal action.
    So don't inform court yet. Contact Thomson seeking the additional court costs you have paid, otherwise you will proceed with your legal action. Hopefully that will prompt them to pay without delay.

Thanks

I have sent them a reply email stating I have started court action, the NBA was sent on June 30- so that have had more than enough time to respond. I have asked for the court fees and 8% or will continue with the claim.
  • JPears
    JPears Posts: 5,087 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    You may need to haggle the interest rate as going to court on that issue alone will probably be frowned upon by the court. Is the interest significant?
    If you're new. read The FAQ and Vauban's Guide

The alleged Ringleader.........
  • gavvy
    Options
    Interest is not much- around £20- the court fee was £90. The problem is Thompson do not like to communicate, so am wondering if they will ignore my email again... If I can get my court fee back though I will be happy.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 8 Election 2024: The MSE Leaders' Debate
  • 343.8K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.3K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 450K Spending & Discounts
  • 236K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 609.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.4K Life & Family
  • 248.6K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure