Flight delay and cancellation compensation, Thomas Cook ONLY

Options

Comments

• mephy
    mephy Posts: 6 Forumite
    Options
    We have asked airlines to reassess complaints that have been received by the CAA in light of this new guidance. We have now sent your complaint back to the airline for their reassessment and they will respond to you directly within the next eight weeks.

We have closed your complaint and are unable to enter into further correspondence on this issue as your complaint is with the airline for a reassessment.

Please note that at this stage, we have not made an assessment as to whether compensation may be due on your specific claim under the Regulation.

Yours faithfully,

my claim is against thomas cook as it says they have 8 weeks to reply to me,what should i do now sit and wait for a reply or should i start to email thomas cook and annoy the life out of them advice please thanks in advance :money:
  • andyfer
    andyfer Posts: 10 Forumite
    edited 25 October 2013 at 12:57PM
    Options
    Just back from a largely unsatisfactory small claims court experience.
    After having to sit through about an hour and a half of rent arrears cases our case was finally called.
    A solicitor representing Thomas Cook requested more time to continue their investigation into the problem with our flight. (we have a letter from TC dated Feb 13 which stated that they had already carried out a full investigation into the specific circumstances of our delay and concluded that the problem was of a technical nature - Extraordinary circumstances etc..)
    They have been given another 3 weeks to finalise their investigation before the next court date.

Rather more worryingly the sheriff questioned the fact that my wife was claiming on behalf of the whole party of 4 who travelled (this was because the holiday booking was in her name). She mentioned that one of them was our 10 year old son and another her 70 year old mother, but we are in a state of limbo on this issue as he did not give any clear advice about how to resolve this.
    It is surely not necessary to submit 4 individual claims.
    Does anyone have any advice on this matter?
  • batman44
    batman44 Posts: 545 Forumite
    Options
    111KAB wrote: »
    morgana wrote: »

Date of delay.

still not sure if I can claim the intrest part as i have not won the claim, i think it could only be from the date of the court win. 2.5 years of interest @ 8% is a hefty sum on top of your claim so i am not sure if this can be claimed so if anybody can correct me before i submit I would be much obliged. thanks
    can intrest be claimed?
    Check out Vaubans Flight Delay Guide, you will be glad you did....:):):)
    Thomas Cook Claim - Settled Monarch Claim - Settled
  • Vauban
    Vauban Posts: 4,736 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Yes it can - though a judge is unlikely to give you it at 8% (though some will). So calculate it on that basis.

The thread "Taking The Airlines To Court" has got some good links in the first few pages that explain all this.
  • fightingalltheway
    Options
    murty wrote: »
    I don't suppose your flight was flight # TCX 1517 on 23 July 2012 was it? I am just about to go to court on my claim for that flight.

Hi yes it was!!
    please let me know how you get on.

We have sent various letters with no response back from Thomas Cook. I sent the NBA letter and now going to take court action. We recieved two different letters from them with different excuses as to what the problem was. one being ec and the other severe weather. I have all the proof of the letters being sent by post, also by email and recieved the replies to say they have read them, but still nothing from them. Even asked them to send me proof of what they are claiming the delay was for but still nothing. Still waiting on CAA to.

any advise on how you have got on would be apprecieated.

many thanks
  • chili2001
    chili2001 Posts: 342 Forumite
    Options
    chewie wrote: »
    Hi guys

My tablet won't allow me to search the thread so thought I should write up my experience - would be very grateful for any advice please.

We had a valid claim after a seven+ hour delay on route to Turkey this year.

I read the form notes and followed the process (than you everyone for the excellent help on here).

Thomas Cook have been excellent, it must be said, and have offer vouchers or bank transfer. No arguments or fuss and only a two week wait. One element I would like people's thoughts on please.

There we five of us - two adultd and the kids, the youngest of which I think was indeed priced on a special deal (might even have been £1 kids, will check when back home from work travel). TC have agreed to style for four of us, not the special price deal child ticket. I think this is mostly fair but before I accept their offer, I wondered what had happened to others in the same situation? For the record, TC have offered £347 per person.

Many thanks in advance,

The wookie :money:

As long as the reduced child fair was open to the general public then you are entitled to the full compensation amount for them too.
    If you have written confirmation from Thomas Cook that you are due compensation for this flight then there's not a lot they can do about it although you will probably have to drag them to Court to get the extra payment. Is it morally right to be compensated hundreds of pounds for a seat that only cost £1? Normally I would say no but your experience with Thomas Cook is rare as 99% of people claiming seemed to get fobbed off and lied too so that being said I would take them for every penny you can get.
  • mephy
    mephy Posts: 6 Forumite
    Options
    any advice please??
  • Caz3121
    Caz3121 Posts: 15,556 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    mephy wrote: »
    any advice please??
    you will need to put more details...assume this is related to your post about a bird strike a few pages back
  • tinkerbellkirst
    Options
    Hi,

I have tried to search the thread using the search function and looked at other threads to see what I can find but haven't tracked down what im looking for. Considering purusing my claim through a NWNF company but was looking for some recommendations of what companies people have used, are good and have had success with.

Sorry if this info is somewhere but I couldn't find it so if someone could point me in the right direction or give me a recommendation I will check it out.

Thanks
    Kirsty
  • Welshy89_2
    Options
    Hello Guys

New to this as so please bear with me as i need help...

On Wednesday 23/10/13 my partner and i was due to depart from Sharm elSheikh at 2120.We arrived at the air port and followed all the relevantprocedures and was waiting to board the flight. An announcement was madeadvising firstly of the delay and we had to wait a hour for furtherinformation. At 2300 they advised due to unforeseen circumstances that they wouldhave to delay the flight until the next day, this was due to oil running in tothe engine. The rep's at Thomas Cook then transferred us to a poor hotel whichwas a 3 star and not like for like, but this is a separate issue. We wasadvised by the reps that we needed to meet at reception 24/10/13 at 1130 for ameeting and they would advise us of the situation. But before leaving theairport on the departure screen is showed our flight number TCX4823 and thestatus showing as cancelled.

When this was mentioned to the reps they said the handling agents had made amistake and was just a delay over night. At 11300 24/10/13 we spoke to the repswho advised that and engineer was being flown out from Manchester airport withparts to rectify the problem and they had re scheduled the flight for departureon 25/10/13 at 0130 hours. Again we went through all the same Airportprocedures, and at 0100 25/10/13 was advising that we had to wait for a furtherannouncement at 0130. As 0130 Approached the crew walked back through thedeparture gate and the pilot spoke to the passengers and advised us that due toengine tests and the leaking of oil still in the engine they would have todelay the flight until 1645 25/10/13. The pilot advised that another aircraftwould have to be flown out from Gatwick and to take us back to our destinationthat being Birmingham Airport. As we looked on the departure board the flightnumber showed as TCX4823C we took a photograph of this and the new flight wasput underneath with the new departure time.

When we finally got on the aircraft and was due to depart at 1645 the pilotannounced that air traffic controlled would not authorise the plane to departdue to a mix up in the flights registration as we was on a different aircraft.

Can you advise where i stand and would i be able to claim for a flight delayor cancellation.

Thanks in advance.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.6K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.8K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.4K Travel & Transport