Flight delay and cancellation compensation, Thomas Cook ONLY

Options

Comments

• chili2001
    Options
    CobyBenson wrote: »
    Just for the record this isn't the correct test to apply when considering whether something is extraordinary.

I think a District Judge would consider the totality of these events to be extraordinary though.

What? So you disagree with me and then agree with me in the next sentence! :D
  • CobyBenson
    Options
    chili2001 wrote: »
    What? So you disagree with me and then agree with me in the next sentence! :D

Yes, same conclusion but for a different reason.
  • Welshy89_2
    Options
    Can any one provide me with advice on my previous post

Hello Guys

New to this as so please bear with me as i need help...

On Wednesday 23/10/13 my partner and i was due to depart from Sharm elSheikh at 2120.We arrived at the air port and followed all the relevantprocedures and was waiting to board the flight. An announcement was madeadvising firstly of the delay and we had to wait a hour for furtherinformation. At 2300 they advised due to unforeseen circumstances that they wouldhave to delay the flight until the next day, this was due to oil running in tothe engine. The rep's at Thomas Cook then transferred us to a poor hotel whichwas a 3 star and not like for like, but this is a separate issue. We wasadvised by the reps that we needed to meet at reception 24/10/13 at 1130 for ameeting and they would advise us of the situation. But before leaving theairport on the departure screen is showed our flight number TCX4823 and thestatus showing as cancelled.

When this was mentioned to the reps they said the handling agents had made amistake and was just a delay over night. At 11300 24/10/13 we spoke to the repswho advised that and engineer was being flown out from Manchester airport withparts to rectify the problem and they had re scheduled the flight for departureon 25/10/13 at 0130 hours. Again we went through all the same Airportprocedures, and at 0100 25/10/13 was advising that we had to wait for a furtherannouncement at 0130. As 0130 Approached the crew walked back through thedeparture gate and the pilot spoke to the passengers and advised us that due toengine tests and the leaking of oil still in the engine they would have todelay the flight until 1645 25/10/13. The pilot advised that another aircraftwould have to be flown out from Gatwick and to take us back to our destinationthat being Birmingham Airport. As we looked on the departure board the flightnumber showed as TCX4823C we took a photograph of this and the new flight wasput underneath with the new departure time.

When we finally got on the aircraft and was due to depart at 1645 the pilotannounced that air traffic controlled would not authorise the plane to departdue to a mix up in the flights registration as we was on a different aircraft.

Can you advise where i stand and would i be able to claim for a flight delayor cancellation.

Thanks in advance.
  • Vauban
    Vauban Posts: 4,736 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Sounds like you have a case for flight delay compensation. But, as previously advised, the FAQs are where you need to start.
  • chili2001
    Options
    Welshy89 wrote: »
    Can any one provide me with advice on my previous post

Hello Guys

New to this as so please bear with me as i need help...

On Wednesday 23/10/13 my partner and i was due to depart from Sharm elSheikh at 2120.We arrived at the air port and followed all the relevantprocedures and was waiting to board the flight. An announcement was madeadvising firstly of the delay and we had to wait a hour for furtherinformation. At 2300 they advised due to unforeseen circumstances that they wouldhave to delay the flight until the next day, this was due to oil running in tothe engine. The rep's at Thomas Cook then transferred us to a poor hotel whichwas a 3 star and not like for like, but this is a separate issue. We wasadvised by the reps that we needed to meet at reception 24/10/13 at 1130 for ameeting and they would advise us of the situation. But before leaving theairport on the departure screen is showed our flight number TCX4823 and thestatus showing as cancelled.

When this was mentioned to the reps they said the handling agents had made amistake and was just a delay over night. At 11300 24/10/13 we spoke to the repswho advised that and engineer was being flown out from Manchester airport withparts to rectify the problem and they had re scheduled the flight for departureon 25/10/13 at 0130 hours. Again we went through all the same Airportprocedures, and at 0100 25/10/13 was advising that we had to wait for a furtherannouncement at 0130. As 0130 Approached the crew walked back through thedeparture gate and the pilot spoke to the passengers and advised us that due toengine tests and the leaking of oil still in the engine they would have todelay the flight until 1645 25/10/13. The pilot advised that another aircraftwould have to be flown out from Gatwick and to take us back to our destinationthat being Birmingham Airport. As we looked on the departure board the flightnumber showed as TCX4823C we took a photograph of this and the new flight wasput underneath with the new departure time.

When we finally got on the aircraft and was due to depart at 1645 the pilotannounced that air traffic controlled would not authorise the plane to departdue to a mix up in the flights registration as we was on a different aircraft.

Can you advise where i stand and would i be able to claim for a flight delayor cancellation.

Thanks in advance.

Sounds like a comedy of errors from Thomas Cook. Why don't you start by sending a claim letter from page 1 to them for a flight cancellation (as you didn't get to fly) and then see what they say.
  • skoots
    skoots Posts: 19 Forumite
    Options
    Hi, not too sure if this is the right thread but if you can offer any guidance that would be great before I get my letter together. Our flight to Enfidha was scheduled for 20:20 from Stansted. Unfortunately for us the flight times changed and we were not told of this (we arrived at the airport at 17:00), the new flight departure time was 22:40. Even when the rep checked our details the original departure time was still showing. Would I be able to claim under the delayed flight umbrella due to the fact that they failed to notify us of the rescheduled time, effectively delaying us? If not is there something specific I should be claiming under? It was my intention just to write a general complaint letter. Any advice you can offer would be great. Thanks in advance.
  • jpsartre
    jpsartre Posts: 4,085 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Did you land more than 3 hours late compared to your originally scheduled arrival time? If not, there's no compensation due either way.
  • batman44
    batman44 Posts: 545 Forumite
    Options
    What a case here chaps, you should read this.
    http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showpost.php?p=63605747&postcount=940
    :T
    Check out Vaubans Flight Delay Guide, you will be glad you did....:):):)
    Thomas Cook Claim - Settled Monarch Claim - Settled
  • DisneyJan
    Options
    I have just issued a court summons to Thomas Cook for our delayed flight on the 24th June 2013 from Punta Cana to Manchester.
    Has anyone else claimed for this delayed flight TCX315X (the one where the right hand engine had a blow out on take off from Manchester TCX314X)
  • batman44
    batman44 Posts: 545 Forumite
    Options
    DisneyJan wrote: »
    I have just issued a court summons to Thomas Cook for our delayed flight on the 24th June 2013 from Punta Cana to Manchester.
    Has anyone else claimed for this delayed flight TCX315X (the one where the right hand engine had a blow out on take off from Manchester TCX314X)

Hi disneyjan,

I have information on this type of incident as it is not the first time and i am about to start MCOL, please PM me as this could be evidence you need.
    Check out Vaubans Flight Delay Guide, you will be glad you did....:):):)
    Thomas Cook Claim - Settled Monarch Claim - Settled
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.8K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.3K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 450K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.9K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 609.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.4K Life & Family
  • 248.5K Travel & Transport