🗳️ ELECTION 2024: THE MSE LEADERS' DEBATE Got a burning question you want us to ask the party leaders ahead of the general election? Post them on our dedicated Forum board where you can see and upvote other users' questions, or submit your suggestions via this form. Please note that the Forum's rules on avoiding general political discussion still apply across all boards.

Virgin 6 month sim-only contract. £0 after cashback.

Options

Comments

• bobbygg
    bobbygg Posts: 10 Forumite
    Options
    Woo Hoo, I got my £45 cashback yesterday, this is after I only remembered after reading this topic, sent it in 3 days before the 30 days!!!

Just opened up a quidco enquiry too, after reading that people are now getting that payment.

Thanks to everyone who has posted on here.
  • thesaint
    thesaint Posts: 4,324 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    phreak3r wrote: »
    is there any other similar deal in the offering? or should i look at a 12 month cash back contract?

I don't know of any similar sim only deals, best bet is to go for a 12 month one, only if your ready for it, as it's getting tough out there.
    Well life is harsh, hug me don't reject me.
  • gerryb20_2
    gerryb20_2 Posts: 59 Forumite
    Options
    can anyone help just had my cashback declined dispite carrying out the tandcs to the letter ie sending in the third bill which was recieved in july the letter just states not recieved in the claim offer period ?any one got an alternative number to the 0845 6551246 just spent 30 mins on hold the quirey could cost me a fortune.

thanks gerryb
  • mobilejunkie
    mobilejunkie Posts: 8,460 Forumite
    Options
    0800 0496496. Usually there's an option 2 but sometimes it will go straight through to sales. By the way; if you sent it in July you MUST have had the sim in May. IF you got it in April you're a month too late - despite what it says abou the third bill. However, you CAN argue you were mislead by that if you DID get it in April (as I suspect) but didn't get your first bill until May. As always, you really have to know how these places work, regardless of what the written t&c actually say I'm afraid!
  • Ed_Bond
    Ed_Bond Posts: 11 Forumite
    Options
    Just had mine denied too.

Far to much experience of how mobile phone companies work, mostly dishonest. Was surprised as been using carphonewarehouse cashback deals for ages, never a problem, this one denied, and it's the same team.

Luckily keep very good records. Got hold of call centre quickly, and said they would sort it, we shall see. Feel sorry for martin, as he recommends these in good faith trying to help people out, and the companies screw with his rep.
  • Wayneg
    Wayneg Posts: 26 Forumite
    Options
    Just had mine rejected as well.

I sent the third bill as requested within days of the date on the bill. Received a text several days later confirming safe receipt. Then yesterday I had a letter saying that my claim had been rejected because I had not followed the correct procedure.

When I phoned them they appeared more than a little confused. I was wondering if they really are confused or if they are just trying to reject as many as possible.

They asked me to fax the relevant bill in to them and they will get it looked into.....but they can't promise anything!!!!

I won't be leaving it there if they don't come up with a cheque. They asked for the third bill and thats what I sent them in plenty of time.

Wayne
  • mobilejunkie
    mobilejunkie Posts: 8,460 Forumite
    Options
    I strongly suspect you've both fallen victim to understanding how their t&c work for a specific contract (again!). Ignore "bills" - except now to argue that their instructions were misleading and that is WHY you are late - it is the MONTH. Buy = month 1, send bill in month 3.
  • Sid_Harper
    Sid_Harper Posts: 1,891 Forumite
    Options
    e2saverep wrote: »
    ...Buckrogers1: we are not trying to mislead you we send the info on how to claim and when. By making these posts I am attempting to help make it as transparent as possible. If you take out the contract today (April) that is month one so the first physical bill you receive is the bill to send. Often a customer will look at the date range on the bill and get confused. Please rest assured we are not trying to deliberately confuse you. As with the Virgin deal in question you need to send the 3rd and 6th bill.

This is concerning. The e2saverep clearly said for this deal the 3rd bill needed to be sent in. This is what I did, as did many others, and they have been knocked back.
    The thanks button is here to the right. If you find a post saves you money, gives you useful information, or you agree with it, take a second to thank the poster! :)
    >>>
  • snugglemunchkin
    Options
    hi there,if you still work for e2save then can you tell me something im a bit confused with.
    i sent my airtime bill dated 7 july on the 17th july by recorded delivery.(within the 30 days)i have today recieved a letter saying that it was recieved after the claim period!
    i had a tex from them 2weeks ago saying thanks for your claim we are dealing with your cash back....
    im still within my claim period up untill 6/08/07.where did i go wrong?
    on the 30th April my package was put together and
    i recieved my phone to use on the 5th may.
  • cyrus_2
    cyrus_2 Posts: 56 Forumite
    Options
    hi there,if you still work for e2save then can you tell me something im a bit confused with.
    i sent my airtime bill dated 7 july on the 17th july by recorded delivery.(within the 30 days)i have today recieved a letter saying that it was recieved after the claim period!
    i had a tex from them 2weeks ago saying thanks for your claim we are dealing with your cash back....
    im still within my claim period up untill 6/08/07.where did i go wrong?
    on the 30th April my package was put together and
    i recieved my phone to use on the 5th may.

Exact same situation. Got the contract on the 30th of April. 1rst bill was issued on the 7th of May. 2nd bill on the 7 of June. 3rd bill on the 7th of July. Sent the 3rd bill by recorder delivery on the 16th of July. Today I got a letter that my claim was rejected. I sent them an e-mail, however I don't know if it's best to contact them by phone (I am reluctant to pay for their 0845 number).

This is probably a problem with their system. I just logged into my e2save account (apparently you automatically get an internet account with them the moment you place the order with them) and under the "offer" tab it says:
    Offer Breakdown You Get
    Send bill dated Jun 2007 -> £45 in Aug 2007
    Send bill dated Sep 2007 -> £45 in Nov 2007
    If only I had seen it before :mad:

BUT still, as most of you say in their T&Cs they clearly say 3rd bill. The 3rd bill is the one I got in July.

Obviously their software calculates the dates based on calendar months, while their T&Cs talk about bills. They should either update their software to be compatible with their T&Cs or align their T&Cs with how their software works.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 10 Election 2024: The MSE Leaders' Debate
  • 343.9K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.3K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 450K Spending & Discounts
  • 236K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 609.3K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.4K Life & Family
  • 248.7K Travel & Transport