🗳️ ELECTION 2024: THE MSE LEADERS' DEBATE Got a burning question you want us to ask the party leaders ahead of the general election? Post them on our dedicated Forum board where you can see and upvote other users' questions, or submit your suggestions via this form. Please note that the Forum's rules on avoiding general political discussion still apply across all boards.

Virgin 6 month sim-only contract. £0 after cashback.

Options

Comments

• snugglemunchkin
    Options
    thanks martin,hope you get us all some answers.:money:
  • Freebyman
    Freebyman Posts: 591 Forumite
    Options
    Got the same letter as the rest of you, we have been misled, I was going to phone Monday, but will wait and see what happens for a few days.
    Old Faithful we roam the range together,
    Old Faithful in any kind of weather,
    When the round up days are over,
    And the Boulevard’s white with clover,
    For you old faithful pal of mine.
  • Former_MSE_Archna
    Options
    As people are having problems getting their cashback, we've started a new thread for people to post on, where e2save will be answering queries and looking at claims on a case by case basis if necessary. As it says in the original post we had its word "that it'll do its best to look at any cashback failures individually" so please do post if you're having problems.

Report a problem/Get help with cashback claim
  • Sid_Harper
    Sid_Harper Posts: 1,891 Forumite
    Options
    MSE_Archna wrote: »
    As people are having problems getting their cashback, we've started a new thread for people to post on, where e2save will be answering queries and looking at claims on a case by case basis if necessary. As it says in the original post we had its word "that it'll do its best to look at any cashback failures individually" so please do post if you're having problems.

Report a problem/Get help with cashback claim
    Well, I've done that. Let's hope they're a bit more efficient at dealing with queries than they are at answering the phone or responding to messages on "Live chat"...
    The thanks button is here to the right. If you find a post saves you money, gives you useful information, or you agree with it, take a second to thank the poster! :)
    >>>
  • goshdarnit
    goshdarnit Posts: 263 Forumite
    Options
    Looking at the wording on the front page, and if this is identical to the wording on your contract :-

"Send your 3rd and 6th monthly bills within 30 days of the date stated on the relevant airtime bill, to e2Save and it’ll credit you by cheque with £45.00 each time."

I don't beleive anyone would lose taking this to small claims.

It plainly states "
    Send your 3rd monthly bill" , 1st bill, 2nd bill, 3rd bill. Its written in a way that MUST have been knowing to be deceiving, expecially as they are now saying it means "send the bill from your 3rd month".

I beleive that opening another thread on this will just result in lots of people posting "I sent in the 3rd bill". Unless e2save are going to deal with this by giving cashback to everyone, its pretty pointless, and you might as well go to small claims over it.

If e2save just pay out to anyone posting on the other thread, that precedence would make small claims a formality IMO.

• Sid_Harper
    Options
    Totally agree with you there goshdarnit. I will post the outcome of my query with e2save once I've got a response back to my post on the other thread.
    The thanks button is here to the right. If you find a post saves you money, gives you useful information, or you agree with it, take a second to thank the poster! :)
    >>>
  • After feedback from our customers we recognise the words “3rd bill” and 6th bill” in our acknowledgment email is causing confusion and in a few cases causing the claim to reject due to “a late bill”.

If you have submitted a claim for theVirgin sim only 6 month cashback offer” and your claim has been rejected as a late bill please call our cashback team on 0871 522 3403 where one of the team will manually check your claim.

Kind regards

E2save
  • BritBrat
    BritBrat Posts: 3,764 Forumite
    Options
    Well I always avoided these deals but if and when I ever do one I will send evey bill every month just in case.

Hope you all get it sorted one way or another.
  • Sid_Harper
    Options
    BritBrat wrote: »
    Well I always avoided these deals but if and when I ever do one I will send evey bill every month just in case.

Hope you all get it sorted one way or another.
    These days (although the new OFCOM guidelines may make them change this) they say things like if you send in the incorrect or a duplicate bill they'll charge you £10 for administration time. :mad:

E2save have agreed to honour my claim and now made it clear that it is the 6th month in which the SIM existed that they want the bill for next time round. i.e. I ordered in April, got a bill in May, send off July, but the next one to send is September.
    >>>
  • BritBrat
    BritBrat Posts: 3,764 Forumite
    Options
    These days (although the new OFCOM guidelines may make them change this) they say things like if you send in the incorrect or a duplicate bill they'll charge you £10 for administration time.

Put's a large hole in my idea then.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 10 Election 2024: The MSE Leaders' Debate
  • 343.9K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.3K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 450K Spending & Discounts
  • 236K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 609.3K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.4K Life & Family