Prestige Flowers - Anything but Prestige

Options

Comments

• jessica-jane
    Options
    My husband has just ordered some flowers from prestige for his mother. I did offer to go into town and do it via interflora but he saw delivery offer and decided they were cheaper. I have since seen this post and am really worried they are not going to turn up or be awful. I can't tell him as he is about to go away on business and does not need stressing out.
  • paulfoel
    paulfoel Posts: 5,819 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    My husband has just ordered some flowers from prestige for his mother. I did offer to go into town and do it via interflora but he saw delivery offer and decided they were cheaper. I have since seen this post and am really worried they are not going to turn up or be awful. I can't tell him as he is about to go away on business and does not need stressing out.

Jessica. I'd like to think that most people are ok with these. Its just when it does go wrong they dont give a monkeys bum about it.

They know they're bad and all they care about is getting money off you unfortunately.

Thats the problem, in this day and age, you can be awful, provide a crap service and still you'll get enough customers to make money. You might not get any repeat business but I think they know that and dont care.

Hope it works out though.
    Cymru am Byth !!! :j:j:j
  • Darren_H.
    Options
    I have just ordered from these guys with a promise for delivery by yesterday and it did't arrive.

They are delivering today and I can't change the delivery date. When I called them up they can't help out at all which is really annoying.

They claim to have top Google reviews but I can't find their reviews at all in Google Search and they have disabled reviews on their Facebook page!

I am amazed these guys are still in business after all these years. Very dodgy!
  • elle_may
    elle_may Posts: 396 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Mortgage-free Glee!
    Options
    Oh my goodness i must be lucky, as my daughter sent me flowers for mothers day from this company, and they arrived this morning and they are lovely. they did arrive in a box with a local delivery man, but were fresh and watered and wrapped in double pink paper. They were 6 roses and 6 lilies and the white things that come with flowers. I did say to my daughter she could have gone to asda and be cheaper, but as she would not be home in time she wanted me to have them today. They olso had a small box of choc's with them. Love my daughter to bit's.

:heart:
  • Bollotom
    Bollotom Posts: 957 Forumite
    First Post
    Options
    Trouble is with bad companies like prestige flowers, prestigeflowers is that they can fleece customers then act very dishonestly by not providing a level of customer care that you would expect. prestigeflowers should be reported to Trading Standards, banks, credit card companies, watchdog et all if any satisfaction is to obtained. They need closing down. :cool:
  • jess1974
    jess1974 Posts: 1,019 Forumite
    Options
    Use local florists...google one in the area you want to send...call them up and pay over phone....x
  • paulfoel
    Options
    I really think Prestiges business model is such that they know that sometimes they're flowers either dont get there on time or arrive in poor condition. They know this.

They also know that they don't need repeat business from the few that get let down because, it seems they still have enough new business.
  • PP1968
    Options
    I had left a very favourable review having used the easy to order and navigate site. HOWEVER I am now left highly disappointed as my Mother did NOT receive her flowers on Mother's day. Bad enough that we have to live so far away from each other that I need to rely on a company to deliver the flowers on my behalf. How can this be a "Prestige" company with a service like this is beyond me. I emailed them last night and have been graceful enough to allow them today to either deliver or respond but sadly neither. AND on further investigation I discover on Facebook they have received several (80+) negative reviews over the last two days but have elected to remove them and leave only the positive. How very unethical if not FRAUD. Needless to say this may well also be removed but I have had the thought to copy it first in preparation of my letter to trading standards and even media that cannot be edited!!!!
  • paulfoel
    Options
    PP1968 wrote: »
    I had left a very favourable review having used the easy to order and navigate site. HOWEVER I am now left highly disappointed as my Mother did NOT receive her flowers on Mother's day. Bad enough that we have to live so far away from each other that I need to rely on a company to deliver the flowers on my behalf. How can this be a "Prestige" company with a service like this is beyond me. I emailed them last night and have been graceful enough to allow them today to either deliver or respond but sadly neither. AND on further investigation I discover on Facebook they have received several (80+) negative reviews over the last two days but have elected to remove them and leave only the positive. How very unethical if not FRAUD. Needless to say this may well also be removed but I have had the thought to copy it first in preparation of my letter to trading standards and even media that cannot be edited!!!!

PP. Thats just it. Say you get 5000 orders done - thats 5000 lots of people paid. OK, then 200 you let down. What happens - you have to refund these people nothing lost, then just delete a few poor reviews. Nothing lost, roll on next mothers day.

Its the perfect business model. You can be useless and the orders still roll in.
    Only way to stop is if people see things like this thread - which is why I like to keep it current.
  • Demor1
    Demor1 Posts: 6 Forumite
    Options
    This company is a scam and these 5* reviews are all fake.

This company has a dedicated team deleting negative reviews on their facebook and twitter page within minutes but does not deal with complaints, ignoring emails and not answering the phone.

They deliver through Royal Mail and offer Sunday delivery (which Royal Mail don’t do!). They quote terms and conditions/ small print when questioned on this…

The flowers will be in the cheap flimsy box in the mail system for >24 hours and when received will be wilted and dying.

The bouquet was the worst I have ever seen. Imagine those ones you see in the supermarket at the end of the day with the £1.99 reduced sticker on and still looking like a rip-off. This is what you will get, except they won’t be for £1.99.

PLEASE do not risk the upset and anger you will feel dealing with these con people.!

AVOID AVOID AVOID
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.5K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.3K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family
  • 248.1K Travel & Transport