Prestige Flowers - Anything but Prestige

paulfoel
paulfoel Posts: 5,819 Forumite
First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
edited 11 October 2013 at 4:43PM in Praise, vent & warnings
Look at their website. Looks good. Implies you're going to get Prestige flowers delivered with care from a local florist. Prices are definitely Prestige.

What you actually get are flowers in a box in the post. Yes, really. They rely on the postman to deliver these. So much for paying a premium for hand-delivered flowers....

Just ordered flowers that turned up 3 days late.

And dont get me started on their postal charge. It says free delivery all the way through. You enter delivery address, message etc then just as you pay they add on a delivery charge.

How many people get this far and think sod it I've done it now?

NEVER EVER AGAIN.

No point complaining via twitter. Keep an eye on their account. Loads of complaints but they delete them as fast as they appear.
Cymru am Byth !!! :j:j:j

Comments

• Oh no i have ordered from these to deliver to the oh on thursday going to look like a right tool

I'll let you know how i get on
    2010 Super League Grand Final Winners :beer:
  • Sorry wrong company who i ordered with
    2010 Super League Grand Final Winners :beer:
  • paulfoel
    Hope it works out. I think they rely on the fact that it 'should' be OK if they send them in the post. I bet most of the time it is but, of course, you're relying on the post.

Obviously, ordering like this you pay a premium for a florist to turn up and actually make an effort to deliver them to the person. (and they're fresh and not been on a post lorry for 24 hours).

Saying that if you miss delivery you've got to collect them from depot is beyond believe.

In my circumstance, these were for a friend whos recently bereaved. Shes got enough on her plate without having worry about trekking 10 miles to post office depot.

And of course, you know what its like get card through the door, and think I'll get this in a few days. Not knowing they are actually flowers unless the sender tells you (which spoils it a little)
  • paulfoel
    Sorry wrong company who i ordered with

Good news! Lucky escape for you....
  • daffodil
    daffodil Posts: 255 Forumite
    If anyone is thinking of ordering from Iflorist DONT!!!!

They have just fleeced me to the tune of £40!!

Flowers arrived in a disgusting imitation of a badly painted flower pot. The picture of the flowers I ordered was really lovely, they were in a pretty wicker basket with a large handle so they could be carried which is why ordered that one.

In addition the flowers used probably cost about £15 at the very most - I ordered a LARGE one and got a small-medium one.

Have contacted them - awaiting response - nothing short of a refund will do - they completely ruined the last few days of my life!! Wish it was!! Sick of this dammed greedy world.
  • Hi
    No response from iflorists yet, so i am going to up the ante.
    Today I will let them know that I am going to begin leaving them very bad feedback on their competitors (as many as I can ) websites.

I may tell them which websites - havent decided yet.

I have plenty of time on my hands and its a fun way of passing it.

I have more plans afoot.
  • bod1467
    bod1467 Posts: 15,214 Forumite
    I would suggest you DON'T do that. Don't mention it I mean. Otherwise it could be viewed as blackmail. (Nothing to stop you posting negative [factual!] reviews though).
  • visidigi
    visidigi Posts: 6,439 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    daffodil wrote: »
    Hi
    No response from iflorists yet, so i am going to up the ante.
    Today I will let them know that I am going to begin leaving them very bad feedback on their competitors (as many as I can ) websites.

I may tell them which websites - havent decided yet.

I have plenty of time on my hands and its a fun way of passing it.

I have more plans afoot.

Threats = bad idea.

Don't threaten, just do. If you threaten you are actually really exposing yourself to all sorts of trouble.
  • daffodil
    daffodil Posts: 255 Forumite
    Hi

Thanlkyou for saving me from myself - I get so incensed.
    Have decided that when/if they respond - if I do not get my refund I am going to claim under visa chargeback I think its called, I have just contacted visa to find out how to go about this. I have just under 120 days left to clainm a refund.

I think what I will do though on other websites is to advise people who send flowers via online sites - to get the recipient to take a photo of what they get, because if someone sent me flowers I would out of courtesy, say that they were beautiful and they might be, but the actual flowers may not be what was ordered.

I was a bit worried about competitors websites.

If they dont respond at all I will write to their head office by registered post and make sure I get a response in writing from them.

I really get sick of this - it takes up so much time, I should be decorating!:A
  • paulfoel
    Its seems there a few bad florist sites then?

Prestige are just ignoring my emails now. Got their money now dont care.

They've not heard the last of me though lol :-)
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.9K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport