We’d like to remind Forumites to please avoid political debate on the Forum.

This is to keep it a safe and useful space for MoneySaving discussions. Threads that are – or become – political in nature may be removed in line with the Forum’s rules. Thank you for your understanding.

📨 Have you signed up to the Forum's new Email Digest yet? Get a selection of trending threads sent straight to your inbox daily, weekly or monthly!

Capital One

1…1718202223…224

Comments

  • xpf
    xpf Posts: 478 Forumite
    Part of the Furniture Combo Breaker
    I'm pressing on with my claim for the full lot from Cap1. I've now had 2 letters offering me the difference between the charges & £12 and they say that this offer still stands. Ad I see it, I have nothing to lose taking them all the way. They have 10 days left to file their defence on MCOL.
  • nickmack
    nickmack Posts: 4,435 Forumite
    Part of the Furniture 1,000 Posts Combo Breaker
    xpf wrote:
    I'm pressing on with my claim for the full lot from Cap1. I've now had 2 letters offering me the difference between the charges & £12 and they say that this offer still stands. Ad I see it, I have nothing to lose taking them all the way.

    You may still claim for the whole amount unless the bank provide evidence of their actual costs.
  • jonnyb1978
    jonnyb1978 Posts: 1,363 Forumite
    Part of the Furniture 1,000 Posts Combo Breaker
    Started Moneyclaim with Cap 1 for the remaining £120 having already been refunded automatically, i never accepted this it was just refunded. Now i want the rest..

    They have acknowledged the claim and now have 28 days to file a defence.
    Bit worried they take it the whole way but thanks to the above shouldn't have a problem

    Fingers crossed
  • servalan
    servalan Posts: 239 Forumite
    hi

    i am currently persuing capital one and today is the 14th day letter to give a further 7 days then court ready to go . When do people usually get a offer of a settlement is it mostly after these 7 days and threatening court or have most people heard back sooner . I have received no corrospondence in these 14 days. Thanks
  • mackers8923
    mackers8923 Posts: 196 Forumite
    jonnyb1978 wrote:
    Started Moneyclaim with Cap 1 for the remaining £120 having already been refunded automatically, i never accepted this it was just refunded. Now i want the rest..

    They have acknowledged the claim and now have 28 days to file a defence.
    Bit worried they take it the whole way but thanks to the above shouldn't have a problem

    Fingers crossed

    I thought it was 14 days for a defence to be filed? Is that wrong?
  • jonnyb1978
    jonnyb1978 Posts: 1,363 Forumite
    Part of the Furniture 1,000 Posts Combo Breaker
    I thought it was 14 days for a defence to be filed? Is that wrong?
    They had 14 days to acknowledge the claim upon being served, now they have 28 days. According to the letter i got today anyway.
  • mackers8923
    mackers8923 Posts: 196 Forumite
    jonnyb1978 wrote:
    They had 14 days to acknowledge the claim upon being served, now they have 28 days. According to the letter i got today anyway.

    Ah I stand corrected. Thanks
  • Twinkly
    Twinkly Posts: 1,772 Forumite
    Ah I stand corrected. Thanks

    Well could you sit down please ? You're blocking the tv :rotfl:
  • MonkeySaving?
    MonkeySaving? Posts: 1,141 Forumite
    Part of the Furniture 1,000 Posts Combo Breaker
    smallpiper wrote:
    The OFT did not rule £12 as being acceptable.
    Hopefully someone else can advise but I'm going for it all.

    £12 was a recommendation however according to the OFT a judge has to decide..that's why the banks aren't going to court because for the judge to decide he needs to know a breakdown of the costs, that's why eveyone is winning these charges back!
    55378008
  • xpf
    xpf Posts: 478 Forumite
    Part of the Furniture Combo Breaker
    xpf wrote:
    I'm pressing on with my claim for the full lot from Cap1. I've now had 2 letters offering me the difference between the charges & £12 and they say that this offer still stands. Ad I see it, I have nothing to lose taking them all the way. They have 10 days left to file their defence on MCOL.

    I received a letter yesterday from Cap 1 saying the usual stuff about the charges being fair etc but as a goodwill gesture they have refunded the full amount. Checked the balance on my card and they've paid it already!

    Don't give up folks!!!
This discussion has been closed.
★ ★ ★ Meet your Ambassadors

🚀 Getting Started

Hi new member!

Our Getting Started Guide will help you get the most out of the Forum

Categories

  • All Categories
  • 355.6K Banking & Borrowing
  • 254.8K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 456.1K Spending & Discounts
  • 248.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 605.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 179K Life & Family
  • 263.5K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 16.1K Discuss & Feedback
  • 37.7K Read-Only Boards

Is this how you want to be seen?

We see you are using a default avatar. It takes only a few seconds to pick a picture.