94 days of 2012...lets see what I can do...

Options

Comments

• Choc-addict
    Choc-addict Posts: 1,894 Forumite
    Options
    Updated signiture....total debt now stands at £19,003.70!!!

I'm soooooooooooooooooo happy with this. Next goal is to get it to 15k or less. xx
  • Choc-addict
    Options
    Just a little post for me to update with my 2013 dreams/goals....
    • Better money management (still a work in progress on this and need to find the right balance)
    • Clear my debts in full (if rest of 2012 goes to plan then I can actually see me being able to do this!)
    • Savings - start a realistic long term savings plan (to suit budget of 2013 so i'm not envisaging it being much)
    • Take part in more surveys/cashback sites etc - earn free money
    • To eat healthier and cut back on caffiene and chocolate (already started this but need to continue)
    • To exercise for min 60mins 3/4 times per week (doing none at minute due to illness and can really tell)
    • To start saving and plan trip to Australia to visit my little sister - a massive MUST for me as would not have seen her in over a year and last two times she's been back to UK so she is due a visit - plus I want to see/experience her lifestyle and what she is doing.
    • Work out plan to buy second car
    • BIG DREAM.....to start a family.....fingers crossed but as I said before that is down to mother nature......very exciting though!!!
    .....that's it for now....to be added too.
  • OrangeFairy
    OrangeFairy Posts: 2,630 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    hi Choc

First hooooooooooraaaaaay to your new debt figure! That is awesome. I love that everything is going to plan.

Your goals look realistically doable to me.

I hope your last goal doesn't take too long!

How many children do you envision having or have you not thought that far?

So exciting!
    Orange Fairy
    House Purchased April 19 :) CC1=? CC2=? DH CC= Mortgage Overpay = £0 Savings = £0 Xmas savings = £0 Weightloss = 0 lb

• Choc-addict
    Options
    hi Choc

First hooooooooooraaaaaay to your new debt figure! That is awesome. I love that everything is going to plan.

Your goals look realistically doable to me.

I hope your last goal doesn't take too long!

How many children do you envision having or have you not thought that far?

So exciting!

Thanks lovely. Ideally we'd like two but i'm 34 (35 next year) so not sure we can fit it in!! Just depends on how long it take us with number one I guess. That said, shall see how we go with number one first, lol!

It's so nice being able to talk about it on here with virtual friends so to speak. We obviously aren't telling anyone but for me i'm bursting to at least speak about the ups and downs that may come along and get advice. So please excuse my babblings along the way as i'm sure they'll be some! :rotfl:

Choc xx
  • Happytogetdebtfree
    Options
    I would love four :) im extreamly excited at the prospect, im just sorting numbers and weight and then its away we go :) hehe ah choc we can babble together hehe x
    I AM A MONEY MAGNET, THEY ARE MAKING MORE MONEY FOR ME AS WE SPEAK:pMIKES MOB, DFW NERD 1071, DFW LHS 132!MIRACLES HAPPEN I'VE SEEN IT WITH MY OWN EYES. LBM 08£77240.69 Current outstanding total £36083.01 Paid so far = £41157.68
  • OrangeFairy
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    I am here for any advice if you need it.

I desperately would love a 3rd. If only hubby had felt the same. :( I know SIL will be trying again soon and we spend a lot of time with her- I know I am going to find that very hard!

Just get them both in quick Choc! :p

How old are you Happy? If it isn't too rude to ask

Orange Fairy
    House Purchased April 19 :) CC1=? CC2=? DH CC= Mortgage Overpay = £0 Savings = £0 Xmas savings = £0 Weightloss = 0 lb

• Happytogetdebtfree
    Options
    Hi orange I'm 28 ;-) it's not too rude to ask lol xx
    I AM A MONEY MAGNET, THEY ARE MAKING MORE MONEY FOR ME AS WE SPEAK:pMIKES MOB, DFW NERD 1071, DFW LHS 132!MIRACLES HAPPEN I'VE SEEN IT WITH MY OWN EYES. LBM 08£77240.69 Current outstanding total £36083.01 Paid so far = £41157.68
  • Choc-addict
    Options
    I am here for any advice if you need it.

I desperately would love a 3rd. If only hubby had felt the same. :( I know SIL will be trying again soon and we spend a lot of time with her- I know I am going to find that very hard!

Just get them both in quick Choc! :p

How old are you Happy? If it isn't too rude to ask

Aww hon, that must be hard especially as your hubby doesn't want another. Any room for negotiations??

He he.....to have two we'd probably need to factor in a move at some point. Especially if diff sex so I think one for now and then perhaps in a couple of years another if we feel it is right. It's funny as I always envisaged myself as being settled, with children by the time I was 30 when in fact it's only really this year (34) that it's all happened. Funny how things work out but i'm very very happy and that's what matters!

Hi orange I'm 28 ;-) it's not too rude to ask lol xx

28 is young! Happy you'll easily fit your 4 in and you'll be building a nice nest egg meanwhile once your debts are gone :D
  • Choc-addict
    Options
    Ok, hubby sat down on his day off and did a snowball effect projection on my debts, if I were to put an extra £400 per month into savings each month on top of my minimum payments and clear the balance of a debt each time I have enough saved. Effectively it'll be early 2014 to be completely debt free pending those with interest, prob a bit sooner based upon adding the minimum payments to the savings each time I clear one i.e. in stead of 400, add the £70 I was paying as a mimimum and therefore put aside £470 until another is to be cleared, so on and so on...you get the picture!

Anyhow, for me I was disheartend as I want it to be gone in 2013 so i'm upping my game from TODAY!

I'm going to do PAD but not to a card or debt but to the debt savings fund. Whether that be 1p, £1 or £100 I will do it and in turn build the savings to clear sooner. I will log each PAD on here daily to keep me motivated.

I also need to work overtime where possible and add that to the fund too and forward plan for things like bdays, christmas and holidays (although cheap ones ;)).....with a bit of work, cutting back and mega organisation (not my strong point) I think I can really become debt free in 2013. Wowee!!!

Choc xx
  • OrangeFairy
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    same as me then Happy :D Averaging one every 3 years will get those 4 in! I keep thinking perhaps ill have another (hubby permitting) in my mid 30s. But then my girls will be like 14 and 16 so would be a little late!
    Orange Fairy

This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure