94 days of 2012...lets see what I can do...

Hey there,

As the diary title says, this is a last ditch attempt at 2012 and making the remaining days count.

I've been unwell for a few weeks now and just coming out the other side and it suddenly dawned on me whilst sitting and watching another dreary daytime show that 2012 is drifting by far too quickly!!!

So this is me seeing if I can't make every day count right up until 2013 be it money, health, relationships so on and so on.

So what did I make count today....
- spent quality time with hubby
- wrapped up warm and took the dog for a nice walk on beach
- went food shopping based upon a meal planner
- work out monies for remainder of the month until payday (15th)
- sorted out middle section of the loft (left side and right still to
do)
- just had a me a nice relaxing bath and having an early night :)

Nothing major but these are all progress compared to say a week ago when I had no energy to even make a cuppa!

Already looking forward to what tomorrow may bring :D

Choc xx

Replies

• ****note to self****

update signature as total debt is less :)
  • determined_new_msdetermined_new_ms Forumite
    7.8K Posts
    Part of the Furniture 1,000 Posts Name Dropper
    ✭✭✭✭
    Hi choc what a lovely diary/thought! I think I will join you. You never know what's around the corner eh? Might as well make the most of what we have.

Excellent work that sig :money:
    DF as at 30/12/16
    Womblng 2020:
    NSD Jan 2/18 YTD: 2
  • Hey DNM - you're right. We def don't know what's around the corner and why not make the most of each day as it come! :D

Debt is coming down slowly, I have a plan of action and it seems to be working. In a years time this will all be a distant memory....hopefully!!!

A lovely sunny day here so i'm off out to walk the pooch in the woods - what a great way to start the day :)

Choc xx
  • determined_new_msdetermined_new_ms Forumite
    7.8K Posts
    Part of the Furniture 1,000 Posts Name Dropper
    ✭✭✭✭
    Hey Choc - awwwww a dog! Am so jelly really want one but after animal sitting for my friends for a week recently we have realised its too much of a commitment for us! They were adorable but the always having to plan your days and evenings around them put us off....

Its been a glorious day hasn't it? We have just exchanged contracts on a house - our first! - and are due to complete next Friday so today mostly has been about packing and tidying, but at 12.30 we went out for a lovely long walk along the coast, chatting and catching up properly and had a sneaky glass of wine and listened to a really good band playing at the bandstand. Was a lovely interlude to the work!

Hope you've been making the most of it too :D
    DF as at 30/12/16
    Womblng 2020:
    NSD Jan 2/18 YTD: 2
  • Hey Choc - awwwww a dog! Am so jelly really want one but after animal sitting for my friends for a week recently we have realised its too much of a commitment for us! They were adorable but the always having to plan your days and evenings around them put us off....

Its been a glorious day hasn't it? We have just exchanged contracts on a house - our first! - and are due to complete next Friday so today mostly has been about packing and tidying, but at 12.30 we went out for a lovely long walk along the coast, chatting and catching up properly and had a sneaky glass of wine and listened to a really good band playing at the bandstand. Was a lovely interlude to the work!

Hope you've been making the most of it too :D

You're right, they are a massive commitment and do take up a lot of your time. We didn't realise quite how much but wouldn't be without her now. She's 7mths and a wedding present. Luckily we're very outdoors people!!!

Ooh how exciting on your first home! I remember that feeling. We've been in ours 2 years now and loving every minute of it.
  • Today.....

- took the dog out nice and early for an hour
    - looked after poorly hubby
    - did first coat of hall/stairs and landing

Friends arriving in an hour for few drinks and takeaway :)

Not a bad Sunday at all!

Choc xx
  • Morning!

What a wet and miserable Monday - yuk! However, carrying on the theme of making every day count between now and 2013 I have already been up and walked the dog. We're both wet now but I feel refreshed :D

Sig updated with total debt figure outstanding - this was as of 15th Sept. Already made another round of payments and am confident it will be sub 21k by next payday - woo hoo! Can't wait to get it under 20k.

2 weeks until payday. Going to be tight but I can do it. We have a cupboard and fridge full of food so shouldn't be too bad. Just have to be a quiet couple of weeks socially wise.

Today I am embarking on health and fitness - finally feel that I can at least do a fast walk without struggling to breathe. Have to start slowly as chest is weak but nothing better then fighting to get fit after a bout of illness. Onwards and upwards as they say!

Off to grab a cuppa and some breakfast.

Have a good day,

Choc x
  • No updates yesterday as had to take a trip into London for work. Wiped me out!

Today, working from home. Will be all about work - catching up from being off.

This evening is a long overdue hair cut - 5 months to be precise and a chilled one followed by an early night.

Mini calcs see me clearing another debt in full come November pay day - fingers crossed. Literally can not wait!!

Choc x
  • This week has been very interesting and an eye opener into my spending habits. Basically boredom = excessive spending. A no brainer that I have to curb this. If i'm at home and nothing really to do I ponder to the shops and spend money normally on chocolate and magazines - not really sensible. Last month I spent over £100 on random local shops spends - very naughty :o

So, I do need to look at my spending habits and why I do it. I'm sure if I didn't have the card/cash I wouldn't but can't really magic them away. Will power and a change of thought process is key.

We get paid in just over a week and we are having a month where by we get receipts for everything so that we can apportion our spending and see where we can make cuts. We're also hoping that it'll stop us making any unnecessary spends and indeed save us a few £'s.

I need to focus more on each and ever penny spent. I want rid of this debt, I want us to then work at clearing our mortgage a little more so that we are in a sound position should we ever want to move.

On a plus side, i've taken overtime for Sunday so that's a few extra £'s built for November payday :D

Choc x
  • A productive MSE day. I have arranged to clear another debt in full in two installments - being Oct and Nov. This will see 1k of debt gone, a debt paid in full and my finances £111.32 per month better off as that is what I am paying as a minimum arranged payment. I can't wait!! It'll be a tight couple of months but very much worth it to see the debt gone and total debt balance down too. This is on top of my normal payments so I envisage being very much sub 20k very soon :j:D:j

Payday on Monday so first installment of £500.96 will be paid. I finally feel in control of things and know that this is my last push with a snowball effect. I can see them falling even quicker now that this one is being paid. Woo hoo!

I now need to include a few NSD's - may join the monthly challenge when I have time to pop on and read properly. Never seem to find the time!

Hoping for overtime Sat and Sun - a nice little earner for November payday :)

Choc x
This discussion has been closed.
Latest News and Guides