🗳️ ELECTION 2024: THE MSE LEADERS' DEBATE Got a burning question you want us to ask the party leaders ahead of the general election? Post them on our dedicated Forum board where you can see and upvote other users' questions, or submit your suggestions via this form. Please note that the Forum's rules on avoiding general political discussion still apply across all boards.

Frugal frump to Fab - Astonishing Autum Exquinox to Wondrous Winter Solstice

Options

Comments

• indiepanda
    Options
    Hello, I'd like to join in next month - is there anything I need to do to prepare apart from come up with my goals for the period?

I've just split up from my fiance and have been through a really difficult year one way and another so feeling fab again without blowing all my cash doing so would be good!

It will be a while before I want to get back out in the dating game again, but it would be a lot easier if I loved what I saw in the mirror when I do, instead of being tempted to say "I'll wait till I'm slim" etc...
  • bratz81
    bratz81 Posts: 673 Forumite
    Options
    indiepanda - welcome to the thread :) sorry to hear you split with your fianc! but I'm sure there's better things ahead for you!

pod - good luck for the wedding

Fab wise, I was at the gym last night and am going again tonight. Tonight is a PT session and they're always tough. I did also get a new pair of ladies running/gym legging things...you know the track bottoms that are tight and come to about mid calf? So now I don't have to wear track bottoms that are too big or a pair of the husbandino's.
    carpe diem :cool:

[STRIKE]Santander OD- £0/£870[/STRIKE]
    [STRIKE]Mint cc - £0/£6500[/STRIKE]
    [FONT=&quot]HOF cc - £640/£750 [/FONT][FONT=&quot]A&L Loan - £2497/£7500[/FONT]
  • mineallmine
    mineallmine Posts: 3,053 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Welcome IP :) just follow the thread and you'll get plenty of ideas of what to do. My walking challenge, my financial challenge of sorting 7 things - were all inspired by this thread

Now tea and then fly lady :j
    :) Declutter 300 things in December challenge, 9/300. Clear the living room. Re-organize storage
    :cool2: Cherryprint: "More stuff = more stuff to tidy up!"
    Less things. Less stuff. More life.
    :heart: Fab thread: Long daily walks
  • WelshWoofer
    WelshWoofer Posts: 5,076 Forumite
    Options
    Very quiet here today - perhaps we're all off being fabulous somewhere?
  • fedupandskint
    fedupandskint Posts: 10,358 Forumite
    Options
    I'm sat here down in the dumps after a rubbish week at work so far with all of us down in the dumps and being grumpy about how the screw is being turned on all of us and dreading any threats of pay cuts and redundancy next year. Lots leaving shortly and some others also planning on going and so am I if I can find a new job

Trying hard not to eat all the choccy like I did today after I got in after a long journey home stuck in rush hour traffic all the way home- getting fed up of all this commuting after 10yrs in the log jams every day

Also splashed out on some skincare this afternoon to cheer myself up - shouldn't have done really but it was on less than half price so decided to give it a go anyway
    final unsecured debt to repay currently £8333
    Proud to be Dealing With my Debt
    DFW Nerd 1154 Long Haul 155
  • Rummer
    Rummer Posts: 6,550 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Evening all!

I had been doing well food wise until I got home and then I had a mini sweetie feast :o Oh well I just need to move on and not let it drag me down. We have been eating better meals and I have gently increased my exercise (ok I move a bit more).

Tonight I need to get some laundry done and maybe try to tidy a bit, things are ok however they could be better ;)

The garden planning is going well and I am going to go through my seed tin tonight and start planning my layout. Maybe this weekend I will get out and get some digging done :)

The evening fabbing is going well however in the morning the need to scrape the car outweighs the need for makeup and I am not prepared to get up any earlier, beauty sleep seems far more important.
    Taking responsibility one penny at a time!
  • mineallmine
    mineallmine Posts: 3,053 Forumite
    Options
    Hugs to all :A

Sorry to hear that fedup. Hopefully you have an xmas break coming up. Now pamper with your new buys

It's a tiny bump rummer, keep going :j

My dog brought home half the field today, soaked! How's your dog ww? How's the fitness going?

Haven't heard from hewie. Sending positive vibes her way.
    :) Declutter 300 things in December challenge, 9/300. Clear the living room. Re-organize storage
    :cool2: Cherryprint: "More stuff = more stuff to tidy up!"
    Less things. Less stuff. More life.
    :heart: Fab thread: Long daily walks
  • WelshWoofer
    Options
    Dog is fine thanks Mine!
    Went for a run on the weekend and have walked every day this week - plan to do another run tomorrow after work if the pavements aren't too slippery.
    How's yours going?
  • lessonlearned
    Options
    Very quiet here today - perhaps we're all off being fabulous somewhere?

Fabulously busy:rotfl::rotfl:

Life really is manic at the moment - getting ready for the house move. I'm still de-cluttering and wading my way through over 30 years of stuff. It's quite a task. One thing I've learned - I will never hoard/store/keep "treasures" again.:o

Hello Indie - welcome to the thread. Sorry to hear you've split up with your fiance - that must be very difficult for you. Time for some TLC. To make a start just do one thing a day just for you, something nice , 10 mins with a cuppa and magazine, a walk in the fresh air, a nice long soak in a bath full of luxurious bubbles.

Then try and find a few minutes to do a small beauty treatment, a manicure one day, eyebrow tidy another day. Soon it will be come second nature and then you can build from there. So ..... start with perfume.

Bitsy - glad you are feeling more human. At least your husband wasn't hurt but I bet he was shaken and upset. My OH once ran over a labrador - it just ran out in front of him.

How is the house sale going. Any more viewings. Don't be too disappointed if it's a bit quiet now, it's getting close to Christmas.

Sparkles - poor you - your work sounds awful. Perhaps 2013 will see some improvement.

Whilst watching the programme about Claridges what was very noticeable was what a wonderful working environment it was. Most of the staff had been there for years and years. They were all very happy and were treated well and respected.

Of course the staff were all trained into the Claridge way with it's high expectations and exacting standards but they were not turned into automatons, they still had their own personalities and little quirks - they were allowed to be individuals. The management team were really first class. A lot of employers could learn from them.

I really hate to see the way some people are treated at work, especially the way they have to subsume their own personalities for the sake of a corporate identity. You can't fit a square peg into a round hole and one size does not fit all.

I think that not only is such an approach outmoded but also it's so counter productive. Staff should be encouraged to "take ownership", to be creative and to use their initiative.

I'm sure businesses would make be more productive and make more money if they utilised the talents of their staff instead of constantly holding people down by being dictatorial. The staff would be happier, less bored and more engaged.

The way Pod was screamed at the other day was a shocking example of this.

BTW - Good luck with wedding, Pod.

Ah well - time to get back to the de-cluttering for an hour or so then a nice early night.
  • indiepanda
    Options
    Hello Indie - welcome to the thread. Sorry to hear you've split up with your fiance - that must be very difficult for you. Time for some TLC. To make a start just do one thing a day just for you, something nice , 10 mins with a cuppa and magazine, a walk in the fresh air, a nice long soak in a bath full of luxurious bubbles.

Then try and find a few minutes to do a small beauty treatment, a manicure one day, eyebrow tidy another day. Soon it will be come second nature and then you can build from there. So ..... start with perfume.

Thanks, that sounds totally doable. I did make a point of wearing perfume yesterday, chose a nice happy one which made me feel better. So this evening I think time for a manicure. I have a dreadful habit of picking at my nails when stressed and have very short ragged thumb nails now...

Starting this morning with a workout in the park, meeting my trainer, should put a glow in my cheeks given how chilly it is! Not sure it quite comes into the category of TLC, but I do feel better for it afterwards. Got Grazia to read later though so that will count, maybe with a relaxing pre bed time bath to help me sleep...
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 11 Election 2024: The MSE Leaders' Debate
  • 343.9K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.3K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 450K Spending & Discounts
  • 236.1K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 609.3K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.5K Life & Family
  • 248.7K Travel & Transport