General lack of respect for eachother

Options
15678911»

Comments

• milkydrink
    milkydrink Posts: 2,407 Forumite
    Options
    I agree with much of what Snowmaid is saying.

My husband IS a lot stronger than me, it makes sense for him to carry the heavy things.
    Men in general can still earn more than women, thats why I'm a housewife (but will be finding myself a part-time job after my holiday) & he's the main breadwinner, no point the person with the earning power being the home maker.
    All the bills come out of his account because he earns the money all the time, I work sometimes so would be no good having bills comming out of an empty account.
    When I work, it's extra money for bits & pieces.
    He washes the cars (mine too:D ), but hes taller & can reach the roof better.
    He does the DIY (I paint) he has a natural ability at it & more strength than me.
    I cook (even when I work, but he will always work more hours than me) his cooking is dreadful anyway.
    I would still do 99% of the housework when I work, because I will work less hours.

I don't want to be the same as a man, I am equal, BUT I AM DIFFERENT TOO.

To be honest we have quite old fashioned roles (but an equal partnership), I like a man to be a man & he likes a woman to be a lady. My husband can't stand "gezzer birds":rotfl: as they are known.

I don't have to ask him everytime I need money, he has a direct debit into my account for my personal bits (petrol ect) & we share an account.
  • snowmaid
    snowmaid Posts: 3,494 Forumite
    Options
    kimevans wrote: »
    I agree with much of what Snowmaid is saying.

My husband IS a lot stronger than me, it makes sense for him to carry the heavy things.
    Men in general can still earn more than women, thats why I'm a housewife (but will be finding myself a part-time job after my holiday) & he's the main breadwinner, no point the person with the earning power being the home maker.
    All the bills come out of his account because he earns the money all the time, I work sometimes so would be no good having bills comming out of an empty account.
    When I work, it's extra money for bits & pieces.
    He washes the cars (mine too:D ), but hes taller & can reach the roof better.
    He does the DIY (I paint) he has a natural ability at it & more strength than me.
    I cook (even when I work, but he will always work more hours than me) his cooking is dreadful anyway.
    I would still do 99% of the housework when I work, because I will work less hours.

I don't want to be the same as a man, I am equal, BUT I AM DIFFERENT TOO.

To be honest we have quite old fashioned roles (but an equal partnership), I like a man to be a man & he likes a woman to be a lady. My husband can't stand "gezzer birds":rotfl: as they are known.

I don't have to ask him everytime I need money, he has a direct debit into my account for my personal bits (petrol ect) & we share an account.

I don't know why people are so against 'old fashioned' roles, as if it is a dirty word. Being feminine is not something to be ashamed about. I am just so pleased that my hubby is a man. All 6.3 ft of him! :rolleyes:
  • nickyhutch
    nickyhutch Posts: 7,596 Forumite
    Options
    I'n ot against old fashioned roles, just didn't agree with what you implied about it being ok for a man to get drunk and swear, but not a woman. I'm feminine, too, and getting drunk isn't unfeminine. Your "hubby" would be a man, wouldn't he - is that not part of the requirement for being a "hubby"?
    ******** Never be a spectator of unfairness or stupidity *******
    "Always be calm and polite, and have the materials to make a bomb"
  • milkydrink
    milkydrink Posts: 2,407 Forumite
    Options
    nickyhutch wrote: »
    I'n ot against old fashioned roles, just didn't agree with what you implied about it being ok for a man to get drunk and swear, but not a woman. I'm feminine, too, and getting drunk isn't unfeminine. Your "hubby" would be a man, wouldn't he - is that not part of the requirement for being a "hubby"?

Actually I don't think its nice for a man to be drunk & swearing either.
  • nickyhutch
    Options
    kimevans wrote: »
    Actually I don't think its nice for a man to be drunk & swearing either.

I think as long as a person, male or female, who is drunk isn't hurting anyone else, it's up to them if they want to get drunk, and agree with sleepymy completely. And I'm sure the next criticism will be along the lines of "well, if you need to get drunk to enjoy yourself/be a fun person/have a lugh you must be very sad".
  • asea
    asea Posts: 1,398 Forumite
    Options
    i'm going to go home & be the man tonight grr... all 5'4 grrr.... and i'm still 'feminine' grr... and i'm going to get really drunk & possibly other stuff.. grrrr.... :beer:

happy easter girls & boys, men & women, boygirls, girlboys, menwomen & womenmen, whoever & whomever

:D

(really shouldn't drink at work!)
    nothing to see here, move along...
  • nickyhutch
    Options
    I'm going to be all feminine and cook the tea and do some ironing while OH does all "man" stuff like pack our tent and roofbox up for going camping tomorrow. Then he'll drink lots of beer, I guess, and get drunk and disgusting (I hope!).
  • nickyhutch
    Options
    Well I'm driving all that way tomorrow while OH gets to go on the train with the kids :-( but have to be honest might go for a little look round when it's tent-putting-up time. I'm just not tall enough, that's my excuse) and I had my nails done today so wouldn't want to break any!
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.8K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.3K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 450K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.9K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 609.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.4K Life & Family