🗳️ ELECTION 2024: THE MSE LEADERS' DEBATE Got a burning question you want us to ask the party leaders ahead of the general election? Post them on our dedicated Forum board where you can see and upvote other users' questions, or submit your suggestions via this form. Please note that the Forum's rules on avoiding general political discussion still apply across all boards.

Huawei G300 £65 from Tesco

Options

Comments

• Intenso
    Intenso Posts: 147 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    [QUOTE=graspandsave;57176451BUT before i do, having charged up the phone i put it on and the screen goes blank after about 10 secs, i would like to know if this is normal

dont want to go to getting an unlock code and then having to return a faulty handset- if it is indedd faulty, so just wondering about that

all comments appreciated[/QUOTE]

Yes, its normal. See my post 790...
  • Emy1501
    Emy1501 Posts: 1,798 Forumite
    Options
    yeah i did that and it does, but is 10 secs approx all you get before it goes blank? can you change that?
    please bear in mind i am new to smartphones, i just thought it 'd be a bit more generous with time before it goes 'off'

Once the phone is set up you can set the screen lockout time from 15 secs up to 30 mins. From what remember the phone does screen lock quickly I you do not tap it when unlocking.

If you are worried you can take out the sim and enter the phone and do everything but call etc. you can then check the phone works ok
  • LouLou
    LouLou Posts: 2,135 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Not sure if the B936 ICS upgrade from Vodafone has been mentioned yet (I'll read this thread backwards and find out) but just a caution NOT to download this firmware upgrade.

Still as buggy as it was when it was released months ago. Vodafone's forums are aflame with complaints right now. http://forum.vodafone.co.uk/t5/Other-Manufacturers-and-OS/Huawei-Ascend-G300-upgrade-to-Android-4-0-ice-Cream-Sandwich/td-p/1207723/page/19
  • Kernel_Sanders
    Options
    JethroUK wrote: »
    EDITED 9/11/12 because the thread is very long now I'm Keeping this first post upto date with latest price to save trawling thru it
    Silly Goose & doesn't expires until 17th December 2012 :.
    I've not bought this phone yet (I'm in no hurry). Can you just cofirm that isn't a typo because I recall a deadline at the same time in November. Also, the Topcashback bit saying 'expires in 4 days' has presumably now expired.
    Thanks.
  • Intenso
    Options
    I just bought another of these and the Very code is still working...
  • sillygoose
    sillygoose Posts: 4,794 Forumite
    Options
    Intenso wrote: »
    I just bought another of these and the Very code is still working...
    :shocked:

I want another one but I can wait in case they go clearance. My job often involves waiting for machines to do their thing but I can't go anywhere meanwhile.. like today - a lifesaver, I always carry some bud earphones in my pocket and happily watched half a movie - its worth the £65 as a hi resolution 4" video player alone! (and I still have 72% battery left)
    European for 3 weeks in August, the rest of the year only British and proud.
  • Intenso
    Options
    There just amazing aren't they, the battery just keeps going.

I'm currently using mine for watching mkv's, listening to music flac files, Tuneinradio, Skype, Fb, dropbox, watching live EPL via my ADMC Sport sub and using the ADMC app :), bbciplayer etc....

I've had to get another one just to keep the wife's hands off mine, ooh er missus ;)
  • rwalton159
    Options
    I have had my San Francisco for 2 years. Is it worth swapping it for one of these please?
  • MillicentBystander
    MillicentBystander Posts: 3,518 Forumite
    edited 14 November 2012 at 6:58AM
    Options
    rwalton159 wrote: »
    I have had my San Francisco for 2 years. Is it worth swapping it for one of these please?

Bigger screen (and Gorilla glass), way more internal storage for apps, much faster processor, better camera, bigger battery and you can get one for approx £66 net. No brainer imo.
  • Iconic
    Iconic Posts: 1,021 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary
    edited 14 November 2012 at 7:24AM
    Options
    I cannot believe the comments in posts 1& 4 here http://www.hotukdeals.com/deals/huawei-ascend-g300-69-very-with-code-new-customers-1361008

Surely the codes do not have to be sent to you and they are freely available to potential new customers.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 10 Election 2024: The MSE Leaders' Debate
  • 343.9K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.3K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 450K Spending & Discounts
  • 236K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 609.3K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.4K Life & Family
  • 248.7K Travel & Transport