Huawei G300 £65 from Tesco

Options

Comments

• Quentin
    Quentin Posts: 40,405 Forumite
    Options
    JethroUK wrote: »
    ..... I have heard of peeps not bothering with credit account and just put the code in and still got £30 off the bill - but opening the credit account is not an issue unless of course you cant get credit -.........

You don't have to use the credit account, (so you can pay immediately by cc and still get the £30 credit), but you do have to open one with them before you can buy anything.

So if you can't get credit, then they won't let you become a "cash paying" customer either.
  • sillygoose
    Options
    melb wrote: »
    sorry i now realise you were quoting Sillygoose who was able to choose that option. the click and collect is where you collect from a local shop - in my case 5 minutes away which I have done before and suits me much better than hoping I'll be in when they deliver and saves £3.95. can't think why it wouldn't be available for mobile phones

Hi

My fault sorry (but too many posts now to edit them) I did not get free delivery either in the end. Although on the item page etc there is every suggestion that the click and collect is available - it made me pay £3.95 delivery as only option.

I suspect something to do with signing for it, perhaps they need tracking for getting money from Vodaphone or something.

isme or very are the same, just at the time I ordered there was a couple of percent more cashback on very from TCB - its ended now so it doesn't matter.
    European for 3 weeks in August, the rest of the year only British and proud.
  • LuSiVe
    LuSiVe Posts: 1,059 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post Name Dropper
    Options
    I'm not sure you can do click and collect for your first order, as they like to verify your address first.
  • melb
    melb Posts: 2,878 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    I have already had an order from Very for a vacuum cleaner last year so wanted to order through Isme as a first time customer. However it seems to be recognising me from my details. Are they the same company does anyone know? don't want to risk ordering it and then not getting the £30 discount as they think I'm a "returning" customer.
  • jem16
    jem16 Posts: 19,404 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Photogenic
    Options
    How are people finding the battery life?

My friend bought this phone and I helped her set it up. All was fine for a few days when i was doing this via my WiFi - battery lasted a few days before it was charged again.

Set up APNs to get access to 3G. My friend was getting used to it last night on her own WiFi. Charged up last night.

This afternoon it had shut down just sitting on but with no use. Battery empty.

Currently charging up again but hopefully not a faulty phone as it's already been unlocked. Could something be draining it that we're not aware of?
  • MillicentBystander
    MillicentBystander Posts: 3,518 Forumite
    edited 27 September 2012 at 5:20PM
    Options
    jem16 wrote: »

My friend bought this phone and I helped her set it up. All was fine for a few days when i was doing this via my WiFi - battery lasted a few days before it was charged again.

Set up APNs to get access to 3G. My friend was getting used to it last night on her own WiFi. Charged up last night.

Currently charging up again but hopefully not a faulty phone as it's already been unlocked. Could something be draining it that we're not aware of?

If you haven't already get a free app called Easy Battery Saver on it as this shows the consumption broken down into different areas and what is taking the most. It also has special battery saving settings on it (i have chosen Intelligent Mode and it's definitely made a big difference). Also go into settings - display - screen timeout and set that at the shortest figure you can put up with. This is a big screen so if it's on when not being used it will drain the battery.
  • jem16
    jem16 Posts: 19,404 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Photogenic
    Options
    If you haven't already get a free app called Easy Battery Saver on it as this shows the consumption broken down into different areas and what is taking the most. It also has special battery saving settings on it (i have chosen Intelligent Mode and it's definitely made a big difference). Also go into settings - display - screen timeout and set that at the shortest figure you can put up with. This is a big screen so if it's on when not being used it will drain the battery.

Thanks.

My friend is coming down tonight so we can see what's going on. She has used around 59Mb of data in one day. Now she was playing around with it to get used to it but at home on WiFi so something is going on.

Today, however, the phone was sat in her bag with screen off and doing nothing yet battery went from full this morning to empty this afternoon.

I suspect something is running and eating up both data and battery but don't know what just yet.

Can I just ask as I'm not used to Android, when an app is quit using the home button, is it truly quit?
  • Quentin
    Quentin Posts: 40,405 Forumite
    Options
    Have you got an app killer on it?
  • JethroUK
    JethroUK Posts: 1,959 Forumite
    Options
    melb wrote: »
    ... Are they [Very & ISME] the same company does anyone know? don't want to risk ordering it and then not getting the £30 discount as they think I'm a "returning" customer.

They look the same layout so wouldn't suprise me if they are one and the same company

there's no risk because if the code is accepted it will come off the total checkout price before you finalise the sale (if its like ISME anyhow :D) - so if discount doesn't come off then you can exit the sale
    When will the "Edit" and "Quote" button get fixed on the mobile web interface?
  • JethroUK
    JethroUK Posts: 1,959 Forumite
    Options
    jem16 wrote: »

I never put my G300 down and the battery still lasts all day - couple things that guzzle power

1/ Sat nav signalling (like radar icon) soak loads of power - The Sat Nav software should switch it on/off but it can get left on by accident

2/ I read somewhere that weak signal areas cause the phone to work hard searching which uses lot of power - that said i used to get very poor signal in my house but its still fine

I've looked at how the G300 batt life compares with quite a few other phones and it seems to stack up very well against some much smaller phones
    When will the "Edit" and "Quote" button get fixed on the mobile web interface?
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.6K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.8K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure