Huawei G300 £65 from Tesco

Options

Comments

• Quentin
    Quentin Posts: 40,405 Forumite
    Options
    melb wrote: »
    I have already had an order from Very for a vacuum cleaner last year so wanted to order through Isme as a first time customer. However it seems to be recognising me from my details. Are they the same company does anyone know? don't want to risk ordering it and then not getting the £30 discount as they think I'm a "returning" customer.

They are the same company (shop direct) (includes these 2, littlewoods, kays, woolworths, brandquarter etc)

Can't a friend/relation (who isn't interested in a £30 money off code) act as your "buyer/agent"?
  • JethroUK
    JethroUK Posts: 1,959 Forumite
    Options
    When will the "Edit" and "Quote" button get fixed on the mobile web interface?
  • jem16
    jem16 Posts: 19,404 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Photogenic
    Options
    Quentin wrote: »
    Have you got an app killer on it?

I have now.

However do you have to use an app killer to stop apps?
    JethroUK wrote: »
    I never put my G300 down and the battery still lasts all day - couple things that guzzle power

1/ Sat nav signalling (like radar icon) soak loads of power - The Sat Nav software should switch it on/off but it can get left on by accident

Not been using Sat Nav.
    2/ I read somewhere that weak signal areas cause the phone to work hard searching which uses lot of power - that said i used to get very poor signal in my house but its still fine

Can be a poor signal at work but this phone seemed to get a stronger signal than other phones.
    I've looked at how the G300 batt life compares with quite a few other phones and it seems to stack up very well against some much smaller phones

I played with it for a few days when setting it up for her. Charged last Thursday and not charged again till Monday evening. Certainly this was without a sim card so only using WiFi.

Only thing that has changed has been to put her O2 sim card in and set up APNs to use mobile internet.
  • MillicentBystander
    Options
    Looks like that's going to make the back of the phone look like it's got a protruding derriere though. Plenty of cheap batteries for the G300 on ebay. How about £8.82 delivered for 2 (standard) batteries and a charger??

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Q733-2X-Battery-Charger-USB-AC-For-Huawei-Ascend-G300-U8815-U8818-M660-HB5N1H-/230817035269?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_3&hash=item35bdc47405#ht_728wt_906
  • MillicentBystander
    Options
    jem16 wrote: »
    I have now.

However do you have to use an app killer to stop apps?

Not been using Sat Nav.

Can be a poor signal at work but this phone seemed to get a stronger signal than other phones.

I played with it for a few days when setting it up for her. Charged last Thursday and not charged again till Monday evening. Certainly this was without a sim card so only using WiFi.

Only thing that has changed has been to put her O2 sim card in and set up APNs to use mobile internet.

Are her apps set up to automatically update? This can use lots of data and battery.
  • jem16
    Options
    Are her apps set up to automatically update? This can use lots of data and battery.

I think they are.

How to i turn off automatic updates?
  • Rusty!
    Rusty! Posts: 2,076 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Open the Play Store, go to the list of your installed apps, tap on a app and make sure auto update is unticked.

Then go into the store's settings and make sure the auto update by default type setting is unticked.
  • jem16
    edited 27 September 2012 at 9:34PM
    Options
    Rusty! wrote: »
    Open the Play Store, go to the list of your installed apps, tap on a app and make sure auto update is unticked.

Then go into the store's settings and make sure the auto update by default type setting is unticked.

OK done that thanks.

I hava also ticked update over WiFi only. I presume this means when a manual update is performed, it will only do so if WiFi is available?
  • stressedofthecentury
    stressedofthecentury Posts: 346 Forumite
    edited 27 September 2012 at 11:15PM
    Options
    Can somebody help me please I am trying to change my apn settings to get connected to giff gaff mobile internet and I can't find the menu button. Thanks in advance. I did it thanks anyway about the post about the phone very good for the money.
    wins so far: 6 mars balls. 5 mars dvds. make up. hair stuff. moisturiser. Vodkat cocktail kit. 2books. 2 peroni coasters. 3 peroni bottle openers. john smiths shirt.face mask. so diary. Sky+hd and sky world.:j Mascara
  • Rusty!
    Rusty! Posts: 2,076 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    The menu button is the one on the left, four horizontal lines.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.6K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.8K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure