Huawei G300 £65 from Tesco

Options

Comments

• JethroUK
    JethroUK Posts: 1,959 Forumite
    Options
    What does it say in:

Settings>Applications>Battery Use

and just to keep on topic G300 can still be had for £67 ish (cashback is now 6%):

sillygoose wrote: »
    Right, put aside isme, it looks like a better deal on very.co.uk (sister site) for the same deal method.

Phone is £99 delivery is free to a shop near you using collect+ service (isme do the same service)

Topcashback are offering 8.08% back for the next 4 days.

99 (-8.08%) = £91

code 2AVKQ is for £30 off for a new account spend over £60 (if you open a credit account)

£91 - 30 = £61 net!

Going for it.
    When will the "Edit" and "Quote" button get fixed on the mobile web interface?
  • jem16
    jem16 Posts: 19,399 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Photogenic
    Options
    JethroUK wrote: »
    What does it say in:

Settings>Applications>Battery Use

Since switched on this morning it says;

34m 56s on battery

Mobile standby 33%
    Wi-Fi 31%
    Phone idle 21%
    Display 15%

That's much the same as it said all day yesterday too apart from it being on around 14 hours or so.
  • jem16
    Options
    It's definitely a 'rogue' app I reckon because the battery life is actually very decent on this phone ordinarily. There are now 8 (!) members of my family/friends with this phone and no-one appears to be having battery trouble. Don't worry, you'll find the problem soon enough.

What do you consider normal battery life?

For example my iPhone has used 1% in the same time that the G300 has used 11%. Both are just sitting there doing nothing but being switched on.
  • pepdavies
    Options
    I'm glad I saw this forum. Got a G300 in my local Tesco for £45 with my grocery shop. Now unlocked and Giffgaffed. I would recommend installing Go Launcher to replace the rubbish Huawei skin. Very pleased so far :)
  • Kernel_Sanders
    Options
    pepdavies wrote: »
    I'm glad I saw this forum. Got a G300 in my local Tesco for £45 with my grocery shop.
    When did you buy it? Was it from an Express? Are you sure it was £45? We've had someone claiming they got the phone for £30 on here before, but they had subtracted a sum they received as compensation for poor service.
  • MillicentBystander
    Options
    jem16 wrote: »
    What do you consider normal battery life?

For example my iPhone has used 1% in the same time that the G300 has used 11%. Both are just sitting there doing nothing but being switched on.

It's a good question because everyone's usage is different but if I use the G300 most of the day including surfing/streaming youtube etc I still get well over 24 hours out of it. If I'm only occasionally using it for calls/texts etc 3 days wouldn't be unusual. It's by no means a poor' battery if you look at the spec but it may be that your friend has a faulty one.

PS Have you changed the timeout time for the screen like I suggested earlier?
  • jem16
    Options
    It's a good question because everyone's usage is different but if I use the G300 most of the day including surfing/streaming youtube etc I still get well over 24 hours out of it. If I'm only occasionally using it for calls/texts etc 3 days wouldn't be unusual. It's by no means a poor' battery if you look at the spec but it may be that your friend has a faulty one.

That's what I would expect. What I don't expect is for a phone to drop 30% battery just sitting on my desk with me doing nothing.

Do you have anything set to automatic sync - ie Google account?
    PS Have you changed the timeout time for the screen like I suggested earlier?

Yes I have. It's at it's lowest now.
  • pepdavies
    Options
    When did you buy it? Was it from an Express? Are you sure it was £45? We've had someone claiming they got the phone for £30 on here before, but they had subtracted a sum they received as compensation for poor service.

It was £60 but £15 off when you spend £30 on groceries. So £45 if you do your usual shop there. I bought it last weekend in Chard, Somerset. Bargain!
  • sillygoose
    Options
    pepdavies wrote: »
    It was £60 but £15 off when you spend £30 on groceries. So £45 if you do your usual shop there. I bought it last weekend in Chard, Somerset. Bargain!

Phenomenally lucky, most Tesco's high and low claim to have sold out weeks ago and were not expecting to get any more.

Having invested effort into setting mine up and using it a while, I would buy another at this price in flash as a backup.
    European for 3 weeks in August, the rest of the year only British and proud.
  • mikegahan
    Options
    For Jem 16 - Download and install a free app called Onavo Count from Google Play store, it reports any app that is using a lot of dat and counts the data that each app uses
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.5K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.3K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family
  • 248.1K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure